It Had To Happen Sooner or Later - Gun Firing Drones!!

Page 5 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 11:38 pm

It looks like our friend FPS Russia has taken it a few steps further by adding the FPV (first person view) feature and a submachinegun instead of a pistol. Much better but still not quite there in terms of stability.

Still, I’d like to have one or two for my own recreation.
:twisted: :D

This should keep ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo in a state of panic for the next few weeks. :D

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 3:37 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
But yes I get what you are saying about a guerilla war. Still doesn't take away from bombs, tanks, napalm...and a government will use them regardless of who has guns if they see fit. They did it in Vietnam. They will do it with or without guerilla fighters. The guerilla fighters might actually make the situation more violent and bloody, prolonging the agony which is exactly what happened in Vietnam.

and we lost in Vietnam turned the people against us. what do you think will happen when the us gov stops blowing up us cities. oh there went a few million people in la. another few million people in Portland. wiped out Austin texas,etc. people going be like they killing millions of innocent people why are we supporting them. you can't carpet bomb anymore. thats not how you win a war fighting insurgency. you have to fight it with two hands tired behind your back so you win over the populace, because if you don't the populace will join and support the insurgency.
so if you bomb them shoot houses with tanks etc. all you do is help the enemy grow in numbers.

that guy in afghan probably didn't care about us or the war, but then we blew up his home and killed his family, now him and his remaining family/Friends hate us. start killing your own population fighting rebel force and it won't be long til the whole population and your own forces turn against you. welcome to the mordern world.

see in he distant pass you conquered land by killing most the natives and enslaving the rest. well you can't do that anymore and it shouldn't been done then either but it was different times. you can't win wars by killing people anymore. yes its a part of wars but it has to be strategic.

we lost iraq and afgan because of this. the people there don't' like or trust us. if a sniper shot from a house we blew the house down, fight a battle we'd blow up whole city blocks. if we saw a enemy in a field of crops, we burn the whole field down. we killed so many innocents. the enemy, which turned people against us. the enemy knew this and would increase causing us to do it. more you do stuff like that the more people turn against you.

a war in american by the gov would mean boots on the ground clearing house by house. they can't risk dropping bombs or rolling tanks around shooting buildings. last thing you want to do when 1/3 the population has started a rebellion is turn the other 2/3 against you.

also its a whole lot easier to tell someone this is your enemy, you don't know them, they look different, dress different and don't' speak English, then to say go kill your cousin or go kill your fellow marines or ex Sargent. its why civil wars are so very hard and bloody. there's no us and them its all us.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2015, 11:34 am

You can surely win by killing them all.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2015, 11:47 am

A new "man bites dog" news report shows that yet another citizen shot down a law-enforcement drone that was hovering at a low altitude over his house (without a warrant to do so, BTW).

WDRB.com wrote:
A Hillview man has been arrested after he shot down a drone flying over his property -- but he's not making any apologies for it....

WDRB.com: "Hillview man arrested for shooting down drone; cites right to privacy" (July 29, 2015)
http://www.wdrb.com/story/29650818/hill ... to-privacy

Good for him!

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2015, 12:03 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
A new "man bites dog" news report shows that yet another citizen shot down a law-enforcement drone that was hovering at a low altitude over his house (without a warrant to do so, BTW).

WDRB.com wrote:
A Hillview man has been arrested after he shot down a drone flying over his property -- but he's not making any apologies for it....

WDRB.com: "Hillview man arrested for shooting down drone; cites right to privacy" (July 29, 2015)
http://www.wdrb.com/story/29650818/hill ... to-privacy

Good for him!

According to the report hat was a privately owned drone.
Quote:
When they arrived, police say Merideth told them he had shot down a drone that was flying over his house. The drone was hit in mid-air and crashed in a field near Merideth's home.

Police say the owner of the drone claimed he was flying it to get pictures of a friend's house -- and that the cost of the drone was over $1,800.

Nonetheless, I still support him shooting down the drone that was hovering over his property regardless of who it belonged to. People have a right to privacy.

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2015, 10:52 am

Raptor wrote:
Nonetheless, I still support him shooting down the drone that was hovering over his property regardless of who it belonged to. People have a right to privacy.
right to privacy yes. right to shoot aircraft, not really. having air rights doesn't allow you to shoot things down that aren't a threat to your life, despite it trespassing on his airspace. It was only 10 feet up, he could have knocked it with a bat or something, instead he shot a gun at it and got locked up. sucks for him, but he didn't understand the law.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2015, 1:15 pm

Fugu wrote:
Raptor wrote:
right to privacy yes. right to shoot aircraft, not really. having air rights doesn't allow you to shoot things down that aren't a threat to your life, despite it trespassing on his airspace. It was only 10 feet up, he could have knocked it with a bat or something, instead he shot a gun at it and got locked up. sucks for him, but he didn't understand the law.

Hover a drone over my yard and see what happens to it.
Allow me to explain:
1. My neighbors on both sides won't call the cops on me.
2. No one else will even think about reporting one shotgun blast or even two since they'll assume it's a motorcycle backfiring.
3. The evidence (remnants of the shot down drone) will disappear in seconds.

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2015, 2:11 pm

Raptor wrote:
Fugu wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Hover a drone over my yard and see what happens to it.
Allow me to explain:
1. My neighbors on both sides won't call the cops on me.
2. No one else will even think about reporting one shotgun blast or even two since they'll assume it's a motorcycle backfiring.
3. The evidence (remnants of the shot down drone) will disappear in seconds.
so the law is only ok when it agrees with you being triggerhappy. check.