Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

selin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Jul 2015, 4:10 pm

this started as anxiety induced frequent urination (adrenaline will do that). I was going to the toilet to pee at least 10 times a day. It was a means of escape. Over time I developed OCD about this. I became afraid of losing control. Does anyone else have this fear? I feel really alone in the autistic community with this fear and don't know any other people with Aspergers who have this.

Last edited by selin on 23 Jul 2015, 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 4:17 pm

I had this fear when I was being potty trained. It was so bad that I would fall asleep on the toilet because I was afraid of wetting the bed without a diaper.

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 6:38 pm

Only when I hold it for too long as I don't have a particularly strong bladder, but that's nothing unusual. Sometimes when I'm super nervous I get the sensation like I have to pee, but I typically don't. I don't think that's too unusual either, though. Sorry.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Jul 2015, 1:21 am

I had that fear 1ce when I was a kid. Perhaps taking a med for overactive bladder would help you feel more secure. I take a med for it cuz I was sometimes waking up having to pee & I don't need to go to the bathroom as much during the day & feel like I can hold it a lot better.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

selin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jul 2015, 2:11 am

nick007 wrote:
I had that fear 1ce when I was a kid. Perhaps taking a med for overactive bladder would help you feel more secure. I take a med for it cuz I was sometimes waking up having to pee & I don't need to go to the bathroom as much during the day & feel like I can hold it a lot better.

I don't get it at night. Mines not an over active bladder. I only get obsessive about it when I leave the house. Crowded, loud places particularly trigger the anxiety. I take beta blockers to help control it because it's mainly adrenaline but as I have OCD blocking adrenaline receptors isn't enough. I see a CBT therapist to help me with anxiety and OCD actually.