Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Mattoid
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Jul 2015, 9:48 pm

I have Schizoaffective Disorder and as a result have dealt with hallucinations and delusions of grandeur, reference, and persecution. I once believed that I was famous for reasons I won't share here. I also thought my thoughts were being transmitted accidentally.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 114 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 90 of 200
You seem to have both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits

MBTI Type: INFP
Enneagram Type: 4w5

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Jul 2015, 1:17 am

I was told I fit all the symptoms when I was suffering from a psychotic depression & I had most of what you listed at the time. Thankfully those went away when my depression lifted.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 4:17 pm

I wasn't diagnosed, but I was once treated during a hospitalization under a doctor assumption I had schizoaffective disorder. I was later diagnosed with severe-level bipolar, which I'm told the lines can sometimes blur between.

Eric2971
Raven
Raven

24 Jul 2015, 6:18 pm

Yes, schizoaffective is just schizophrenia comorbid with another disorder. Is there something in particular you wish to know? :roll:

Quetiapine 300mg Morning
Quetiapine 100mg Night
Depakote 1500mg Night
Sertaline 75mg 2xDaily
Bupropion 100mg 2xDaily
Gabapentin 600mg Morning
Gabapentin 300mg Night

Imagine my therapist's embarrassment when it turned out they really were after me.;)

Mattoid
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Jul 2015, 7:36 pm

No, just wondering whether anyone else had it. I know two people irl who do.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 114 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 90 of 200
You seem to have both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits

MBTI Type: INFP
Enneagram Type: 4w5

wcoltd
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 7:46 am

I am diagnosed Schizoaffective. I had this several week long Star Trek themed psychosis - I don't know why I had this psychosis never really liked Star Trek before - actually i do kind of know why, Wrath of Khan was playing on HBO and it was my first exposure to the Kobiashi Maru which is a cool idea. So cool infact I spent a month and a half in the hospital. Wrote some neat stories.

wcoltd
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 7:50 am

Eric2971 wrote:
Yes, schizoaffective is just schizophrenia comorbid with another disorder. Is there something in particular you wish to know? :roll:

I thought based on the Kraepalenian Dichotomy that schizoaffective is its own independant disorder, I know now the the DSM sees as a schizophrenia spectrum disorder. I wasn't aware of this cormobidity. Could it be a combination of schizophrenia and bipolar?

Eric2971
Raven
Raven

25 Jul 2015, 11:21 am

wcoltd wrote:
Eric2971 wrote:

I thought based on the Kraepalenian Dichotomy that schizoaffective is its own independant disorder, I know now the the DSM sees as a schizophrenia spectrum disorder. I wasn't aware of this cormobidity. Could it be a combination of schizophrenia and bipolar?

The most common is bipolar, but really pretty much any mood disorder comorbid qualifiies.

Quetiapine 300mg Morning
Quetiapine 100mg Night
Depakote 1500mg Night
Sertaline 75mg 2xDaily
Bupropion 100mg 2xDaily
Gabapentin 600mg Morning
Gabapentin 300mg Night

Imagine my therapist's embarrassment when it turned out they really were after me.;)

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2015, 1:07 pm

A long time ago I was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder bipolar type but in 2013 that diagnosis was changed to bipolar disorder with psychotic features. When I had symptoms of psychosis, the delusions were worse than the hallucinations. The only problem is that even with my weirdest delusions which would be considered bizarre (what others say is physically impossible), it eventually gets on the news. In 2013 I kept believing there was this all-powerful dragon living under China. This year, there was a dragon like dinosaur that was discovered in China. I've had terrifying thoughts of different spy devices and now it gets on the news. So in a way I might have not been delusional. Right this second my anxiety is the worst.