Oh girls have it so much worse....

Page 24 of 39 [ 621 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 39  Next

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2015, 1:22 pm

LyraLuthTinu wrote:
You can't shake off the feeling that the guy you just said "no thanks" to might be a serial rapist, even if it is paranoia rather than a real danger!

I agree with you about some stuff but this one thing is just paranoia.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2015, 1:32 pm

Peacesells wrote:
LyraLuthTinu wrote:
You can't shake off the feeling that the guy you just said "no thanks" to might be a serial rapist, even if it is paranoia rather than a real danger!

Actually that sounds more like some sort of weird sexual-problem(combined with paranoia).

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2015, 6:25 pm

dobyfm wrote:
I read some of the posts on this thread and while I must agree that most of you on this website are lovely people, can some of us please stop generalizing? Although gender does cause certain behavior traits, we are all individuals.

its the same as getting in the last word in a fight.

see both sides wont' stop because if they do it ends with one side saying they have ti worse and winning. neither side is willing to end it with both sides have it bad in different ways. I think men have it worse in dating, women have it worse in other areas. dating being getting dates, women have trouble in relationships likely men would too if they could get past or even get a date. its a never ending fight.

dobyfm
Toucan
Toucan

02 Aug 2015, 9:33 pm

sly279 wrote:
dobyfm wrote:
I read some of the posts on this thread and while I must agree that most of you on this website are lovely people, can some of us please stop generalizing? Although gender does cause certain behavior traits, we are all individuals.

see both sides wont' stop because if they do it ends with one side saying they have ti worse and winning. neither side is willing to end it with both sides have it bad in different ways. I think men have it worse in dating, women have it worse in other areas. dating being getting dates, women have trouble in relationships likely men would too if they could get past or even get a date. its a never ending fight.

I see. Maybe if we simply settle with that men and women have it bad equally we may all reach an agreement? Or better yet how about we all accept we carry different opinions and end it? Arguing over who is "right" is going to result in cyclical internet fighting. :)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2015, 10:42 pm

Peacesells wrote:
LyraLuthTinu wrote:

Usually that is not the first thought that pops into my head....though there have been some occasions I worry about that, but that isn't times I've been interacting with someone more if I am walking alone in the dark and hear other footsteps or something or have gotten the 'danger' vibe from a few individuals who I then don't go anywhere near.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2015, 1:02 am

dobyfm wrote:
sly279 wrote:
dobyfm wrote:
its the same as getting in the last word in a fight. see both sides wont' stop because if they do it ends with one side saying they have ti worse and winning. neither side is willing to end it with both sides have it bad in different ways. I think men have it worse in dating, women have it worse in other areas. dating being getting dates, women have trouble in relationships likely men would too if they could get past or even get a date. its a never ending fight.
I see. Maybe if we simply settle with that men and women have it bad equally we may all reach an agreement? Or better yet how about we all accept we carry different opinions and end it? Arguing over who is "right" is going to result in cyclical internet fighting. :)

Doby, Sweetleaf made this thread as a response and objection to my earlier thread: viewtopic.php?t=289638 which is about a journalist who she lived as a man in disguise for 18 months as human experiment and she concluded at the end that men....well... have it worse in life.

"Worse" in a sense that men lead a less happy life in general, that may strongly explain why almost in all countries males are 3 to 4 times commit suicide; except in China, where women commit suicide more than men - these gender gaps in suicide rates indicate strongly which gender is living less happy lives- and the China case is a strong indicator that it is due to societal reasons rather than biological (The Chinese culture puts too much responsibility on women for the family's happiness); China is not a tiny exception after all.

Back to the journalist Norah, most of her haters (even though Norah herself is very feminist) and the haters of her book are of the female gender, check the reviews on Amazon and you will notice that most of the 1 and 2 stars ratings are given by female usernames, this isn't a coincidence - it is clear that some women are bothered because she dared to say, after living as a man for 18 months, that woman's life is happier in general:p - she is also seen as "traitor" by some of her gender. It is also obvious that Sweetleaf is bothered by her work.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 03 Aug 2015, 1:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2015, 1:10 am

dobyfm wrote:
sly279 wrote:
dobyfm wrote:

or people could just not start this threads or go into threads will people complain about their lifes and boo hoo. ____ gender has it worse.

though reality is neither will happen this is the internet and we are stubborn aspies. plus some just like putting others down for fun.

hugs.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2015, 1:12 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
LyraLuthTinu wrote:

Usually that is not the first thought that pops into my head....though there have been some occasions I worry about that, but that isn't times I've been interacting with someone more if I am walking alone in the dark and hear other footsteps or something or have gotten the 'danger' vibe from a few individuals who I then don't go anywhere near.

I and men have that too. I don't walk around a night alone. my area is super dark with lots of hidden spots to hide in. then next thing I know some person is following behind me.
men don't' think "oh hes probably just following me because he wants to be my friend" sure I'm not so worried about rape but more as in getting stabbed, hit, beat and then mugged.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2015, 5:37 am

all women have to do is go out and show up, that's all

b9
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2015, 6:50 am

i have never really considered the matter until a few moments ago after i read the topic title.

i think (concerning the plight of lonely men or women):

men like women more than women like men.

men crave beauty and are mindlessly attracted to it in females, and even average looking females are considered beautiful enough to have sex with, and because of that, females have much experience of being desired by men.
this means that women value "expressions of interest" less than men because they have been de-sensitized to it.

so a man remains alone because no women is interested in him (even if he "extends his offer"), and a woman remains alone because she is not interested in any of her suitors (mainly because none are special).

they both remain alone for different reasons, but they both probably suffer the same end effect. loneliness.

i have no real idea other than idle speculation based on third person points of view.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2015, 7:00 am

b9 wrote:
i have never really considered the matter until a few moments ago after i read the topic title.

i think (concerning the plight of lonely men or women):

men like women more than women like men.

men crave beauty and are mindlessly attracted to it in females, and even average looking females are considered beautiful enough to have sex with, and because of that, females have much experience of being desired by men.
this means that women value "expressions of interest" less than men because they have been de-sensitized to it.

so a man remains alone because no women is interested in him (even if he "extends his offer"), and a woman remains alone because she is not interested in any of her suitors (mainly because none are special).

they both remain alone for different reasons, but they both probably suffer the same end effect. loneliness.

i have no real idea other than idle speculation based on third person points of view.

Wow...

"de-sensitized to it" .... that's it, this is the answer for many things.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2015, 7:13 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
b9 wrote:
....... de-sensitized to it.

Wow...

"de-sensitized to it" .... that's it, this is the answer for many things.

it is the answer indeed for many things. it is the reason people get over grief. it is the reason people become bored with being rich. it is the reason why thrill seekers always move on. it is the reason that chronically starving people can smile.
the brain is a circuit that provides diminishing returns with each recycle of experience.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2015, 7:34 am

It's like how famous celebrities feel - 'loved' by so many, but they know it's not real and their fans don't really care about them for who they are.

Women feel like this because majority of males trying to pursue her only do so because she is an attractive female and/or they only want sex (like how fans only want their celebrity to give them their autograph, etc.) and/or they don't appreciate her for her true qualities as a person.

'De-sensitized' is right...

Note: When I say 'majority' of males I don't mean all males. I mean like how when a male approaches a woman in public and tries picking her up - women experience it a lot.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2015, 8:01 am

Reminds me of some girl I was close to and accepted to be my gf, even if she never behaved like one. A lot of guys liked her but she rejected them all. So when I felt bad because of her behaviour she did not care at all, I think she was de-sensitized to men's pain somehow. Spoiled brat.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2015, 10:33 am

sly279 wrote:
sure I'm not so worried about rape but more as in getting stabbed, hit, beat and then mugged.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

dobyfm
Toucan
Toucan

03 Aug 2015, 10:46 am

The_Face_of_Boo, I suppose it depends on the part of the world. That is interesting what you wrote though.

I just do not like seeing people on this website internet fight. :/