Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 6:21 am

That funky dude with the goat head that was supposed to find it's way to the Oklahoma Capitol? Well, it's done, and surprise, it's not at the capitol. Instead, it's in Detroit and, go figure, someone is charging $25 a ticket to see it. They are even discussing putting it on the grounds of a statehouse in another state.

Let the seventh seal be now broken.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/weather/s ... t/34356928

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 9:46 am

I watch the movie 'Killing Jesus' last night inspired by Bill O'Reilly from 'Faux' News; and a greatest controversy associated with that movie is it portrays Jesus as a Humble and Kind, yet courageous Loving human; instead of THE ONLY SON OF GOD.

Now, to be clear, it portrays Jesus as the son of GOD, an anointed Messiah; however, it also portrays all of humankind as sons and daughters of GOD from the TAX MAN to PROSTITUTES.

Additionally, it shows the common sense that Jesus did not do anything truly above Nature's Laws, as in example of providing comfort to a child having an epileptic seizure with arms wrapped around the child; not fearing the child; while everyone else sees the child as demon possessed.

And yes, my wife as beautiful as she is transforms with her epilepsy contorting her face involuntarily when she is having complex partial seizures that is reflective of the faces of Regan off of the movie the Excorsist.

One seizure is so bad that she gains amnesia for a few days and cannot remember then, the fact that we purchase a 60 inch TV, insisting that people break into our house and put it there; the look on her face is reminiscent of pictures of the SCARIEST portrayals of the mythological devil in facial expressions in her psychological agony then. She gets over that and regains all of her memory thank goodness; and has her happy face again, when she is not angry at me, hehe!..;)

The issue is THAT was then and now is now. And Baphomet and or my wife is no frigging Devil.

Baphomet is an ancient Pagan Deity that evolves from the Greek GOD PAN who in turn evolves from the Egyptian GOD MIN through oral tradition; ALL Natural GOD's of Nature that symbolize humans connection with the rest of nature, goat headed with androgynous features of breast above the waist and masculine animal legs below the waist; what Baphomet illustrates is the unity of Human and Nature and how the balance of the masculine and feminine, dark and light, makes ALL THAT IS in NATURE A REAL REALITY AKA GOD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baphomet

IT'S truly a beautiful symbol when one actually researches the origins of it; the original Egyptian GOD MIN takes it one step further with not only right hand raised in the air for peace and cooperation like HI; but left hand also holding 'something else' in honor of human fertility, specifically the male 'role' in that.

The official Satanic church hi-jacks this Pagan Deity as a satire of sorts in protest against the way Christianity is still intertwined with state in real effect; particularly in decades past; where Ten Commandments Monuments and such as that are located at Government Buildings. The Satanic Church believes in human individuality without controls of religion to subjugate, oppress, and restrict human nature through repressing ideologies; but no, the place where it separates from the man Jesus' ideologies as reported in the New Testament is there is no turning the other cheek; but on the other hand, Jesus suggests he brings a sword for change too; so there are even similarities there.

While the official Satanic Church, uses the word term Satanic as well, as a satire in protest of Christianity, the Satanic Church believes in NO SUPERNATURAL PHENOMENON.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanism

Luciferianism, on the other hand, believes in an actual fallen mythological Angel named Lucifer as a bringer of Light and Truth as Knowledge and believe in charity and most of the positive stuff that Jesus is reported to teach; put Jesus in Lucifer 'clothes' in that religion and you basically have what Christianity is originally intended for as a socially cooperative Loving way of Life in Enlightenment of Light and Truth; it seriously better reflects Jesus' teachings than how those teachings are practiced in many so-called modern Christian churches.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luciferianism

In other words, 'don't drink the Kool Aid of media'.

The Truth will set ya free in understanding that GOD IS FREE AND SO ARE YOU; AND THE dark and light and masculine and feminine features of Nature are what makes the real GOD of ALL THAT IS what THAT IS; GOD LIVES ON THE BEACH;
GOD IS ALL THE BEACH AND GOD IS THE EYES OF i when i walk that beach free without the footprints of culture leading
my way to ILLUSIONS OF LIES AND CONSPIRACY CRAP AND ALL THAT JUNK TO DIVIDE AND CONQUER, INSTEAD OF just frigging getting along like 'NORMAL' social animals do to just frigging survive in balance with the rest of Nature in all the ups and downs of dark and light THAT ALL NATURALLY DOES COME FOR NOW..:)

SO YEAH; the unveiling of a Giant Baphomet Statue in Detroit is truly no different than this morning when I arrive at my Catholic Church, i have currently adopted as a place to connect with others with GOD emotionally and sensorily heart
connecting spirit expressing emotions and senses with human Soul as integrated balance of mind and body; no separation; a blanket of HUMAN AND THE REST OF NATURE'S UNCONDITIONAL PASSIONATE TOUGH LOVE NOW..:)

AND A LARGE STATUE OF AN ALMOST NAKED MAN; WITH A SIX PACK; AND ARMS REACHED TO THE HEAVENS WILL BE HANGING ON THE WALL FOR ALL TO WORSHIP; YES, HUMANS MAKE THE MAN JESUS INTO A GOD; AND SATANISTS MAKE
A GOAT MAN INTO A SATIRE; AND THAT IS KINDA IRONIC, SERIOUSLY, AND MAKES THE DETROIT UNVEILING A DELICIOUS
SATIRE THAT EVEN the real Jesus can appreciate IF THE HUMBLE MAN IS SOMEHOW REINCARNATED AND ALIVE TODAY,
HE WILL PROBABLY be giggling as it is just the medicine the ANTI-CHRIST CHRISTIANS NEED TO SEE TO SEE THE HYPOCRISY OF WHAT THEY DO BY WORSHIPPING A HUMBLE TEACHER RATHER THAN THE GOD OF NATURE inside us, outside us, above so below, and all around us; instead they emasculate a man and make him look like a bearded female in artistic representations as well, like a half female male Baphomet; yeah what comes around goes around; Jesus and GOD ARE FRIGGING LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY SOMEWHERE AS PEOPLE ARE ALIKE ALL OVER IN THE STUFF THEY DO to socially bond over common symbols from words like the three letter one named GOD to the more poetic sounding five letters named ALLAH to whatever the F one wants to use as symbol to try to figure out WTF the meaning of life is to gain
existential intelligence. The Truth is everyone has a piece of the pie and no one is either ALL right or wrong as IT IS ALL
pArt of the BLANKET OF EXISTENCE; AKA GOD NOW..:)

SO WITH ALL THAT SAID; I WILL SIT, RAISE MY LEFT HAND OF PEACE WITH TWO FINGERS AND SAY HI; IT SURE BEATS HANGING FROM A CROSS; BEEN THERE DONE THAT ALREADY IN REAL LIFE EFFECT; and yes, tHere are benefits to the challenges of life; but sometimes what doesn't kill to make you stronger dam sure HURTS! I'LL DO PEACE SIGN OVER THE
CROSS NOW FOR SURE WITH DUE RESPECT TO THE CROSS AS WELL AS TRUTH OF DARK AND LIGHT IN LIFE..:)

Yeah, I am a FUNKY DUDE TOO; I JUST don't have a goat head; but yeah, I am mightY hairy; with a growl whenI work out that will chase most Goats away in fear of something bigger sounding than them..;)

Nature is Nature; we might as well accept that; and JUST BE FREE LIKE THE REST OF IT AKA GOD..:)

IT'S SO SIMPLE; SO VERY SIMPLE; ONLY HUMANS MAKE IT 'CRAZY' WITH SILLY MANUFACTURED IMAGINARY AND CREATIVE DREAMS AND NIGHTMARES COME TO LIFE, DARK AND LIGHT..:)

I THINK ALL OF IT IS MIGHTY INTERESTING, FUN, AND CHALLENGING; BUT LIKE I SAID THE TRUTH AND LIGHT WILL SET YA FREE IN REAL HUMAN HEAVEN FOREVER NOW; THE LIES AND DARK WILL TRAP YA, MAKE YA SAD, WORRY YA; IMPRISON
YA FOREVER NOW IN REAL HUMAN HELL.

I make the simple yet ALWAYS PRACTICING HUMAN RELATIVE FREE WILL CHOICE AS MIND AND BODY BALANCE OF HEAVEN NOW..:)

And others retain their will and choice to DIE ALIVE in THAT OTHER PLACE; THAT IS SO SAD FOR ME TO WITNESS; AS I FOR one, KNOW AND FEEL NOW HOW TO ESCAPE; NOT UNLIKE BUDDHA, JESUS OR NEO NOW..:)

P.S.
The statue of Baphomet unveiled in Detroit is not even an accurate representation of the so-called occult symbol of Baphomet; as it does NOT illustrate Androgynous features of Baphomet.

So it more or less is just another symbol created by someone trying to get A POINT ACROSS..:)

NOTE:
These lines are straight across the page in the edit feature; I have no idea why the software is screwing up the lines in the published version. The published page is only as good as the software can make it.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 11:47 am

They are obviously using the statue to make money. Betcha it will go on tour! Coming soon to a location near you!

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 11:55 am

aghogday wrote:
So it more or less is just another symbol created by someone trying to get A POINT ACROSS..:)

No offense, but duh. That's been the entire point of any "Satanic" organization attempting to get such imagery on public display, to satirize the extremely one-sided nature of our country's "religious freedom" acts.

I whole-heartedly support it. I'm a Christian, but separation of church and state exists for a reason, and anything that infuriates right-wing fundamentalists is something that makes me very happy indeed.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 12:02 pm

I don't feel like Baphomet can really be called 'Satanic' albeit they may appropriate the figure. Eliphas Levi seemed to speak of it and it's really not a being so much as a bunch of formulas stacked in a symbol. Oswald Wirth's writing on his Devil's arms 'Solve Et Coagula' is key to it, Wirth drawing very much in the philosophic line of Levi and Papus.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 12:46 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I don't feel like Baphomet can really be called 'Satanic' albeit they may appropriate the figure. Eliphas Levi seemed to speak of it and it's really not a being so much as a bunch of formulas stacked in a symbol. Oswald Wirth's writing on his Devil's arms 'Solve Et Coagula' is key to it, Wirth drawing very much in the philosophic line of Levi and Papus.

It's a drawing or painting distributed to upset Christians and it does but it's no worse than a Christmas tree or Easter Bunny.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 12:49 pm

Goats and pentagram were around long before Satanists.My family cemetery has many Eastern Stars buried there,with the inverted pentagram on the headstones.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 1:53 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
It's a drawing or painting distributed to upset Christians and it does but it's no worse than a Christmas tree or Easter Bunny.

You're talking about the specific marble statue in the OP I'm taking it? If you mean Baphomet in general I think you're confusing Baphomet for the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 1:55 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Goats and pentagram were around long before Satanists.My family cemetery has many Eastern Stars buried there,with the inverted pentagram on the headstones.

In MOTT (unknown author and Robert Powell) the obverse or standard Pythagorean pentagram just means intellect of the will and the inverse pentagram will of the intellect; the goodness or badness of either one is wholly relative to the magician or mystic himself or herself.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 2:07 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

You're talking about the specific marble statue in the OP I'm taking it? If you mean Baphomet in general I think you're confusing Baphomet for the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Baphomet statue they meant to distribute to the OK state capitol grounds was meant to show the lopsided way Americans apply freedom of religion and also, to shock the sensibilities of fundies in the Bible Belt but look what it's turning into, just another money grab. Oh, look, a statue of Baphomet. Put your money down and come see it! That is not what the original intention was. No where on the gofundme page did they say they were going to charge admission to see it. It was funded with the belief it was going to be put on the OK state capitol grounds, near a statue of The Ten Commandments. I am disappointed in this chicanery.

But, if you want to give the goat spaghetti strands instead of horns, I won't complain.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 3:25 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Baphomet statue they meant to distribute to the OK state capitol grounds was meant to show the lopsided way Americans apply freedom of religion and also, to shock the sensibilities of fundies in the Bible Belt but look what it's turning into, just another money grab. Oh, look, a statue of Baphomet. Put your money down and come see it! That is not what the original intention was. No where on the gofundme page did they say they were going to charge admission to see it. It was funded with the belief it was going to be put on the OK state capitol grounds, near a statue of The Ten Commandments. I am disappointed in this chicanery.

But, if you want to give the goat spaghetti strands instead of horns, I won't complain.

So the short version - the statue that you're talking about, in specific, is something done to antagonize Christians. Got it.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 6:58 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

So the short version - the statue that you're talking about, in specific, is something done to antagonize Christians. Got it.

I thought there was only one Baphomet :lol: .

If there's several, thanks for cluing me in.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 7:10 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
I thought there was only one Baphomet :lol: .

If there's several, thanks for cluing me in.

It was a symbol I think originally used against the Knight's Templar in the 14th century by the Inquisition - so in one way you're right on it's original use. However, the tarot card I showed you - US Games version of the 1889 Oswald Wirth deck. Eliphas Levi wrote on this stuff in the 1850's. Papus wrote on the tarot in the 1880's. Does that help at all?

It seems like a lot of symbols may start one way and get appropriated another way.

Another example of that is Babylon in Revelations becoming Babalon in Thelema, very different use and an anthropomorphism of a figure of speech that became the Scarlet Goddess in Crowley's Tree of Life - not entirely new because John Dee and Edward Kelley had some commentary on this, I guess we could call it, advanced feminine thoughtform who said this about herself to Dee and Kelly:

Quote:
I am the daughter of Fortitude, and ravished every hour from my youth. For behold I am Understanding and science dwelleth in me; and the heavens oppress me. They cover and desire me with infinite appetite; for none that are earthly have embraced me, for I am shadowed with the Circle of the Stars and covered with the morning clouds. My feet are swifter than the winds, and my hands are sweeter than the morning dew. My garments are from the beginning, and my dwelling place is in myself. The Lion knoweth not where I walk, neither do the beast of the fields understand me. I am deflowered, yet a virgin; I sanctify and am not sanctified. Happy is he that embraceth me: for in the night season I am sweet, and in the day full of pleasure. My company is a harmony of many symbols and my lips sweeter than health itself. I am a harlot for such as ravish me, and a virgin with such as know me not. For lo, I am loved of many, and I am a lover to many; and as many as come unto me as they should do, have entertainment.

Purge your streets, O ye sons of men, and wash your houses clean; make yourselves holy, and put on righteousness. Cast out your old strumpets, and burn their clothes; abstain from the company of other women that are defiled, that are sluttish, and not so handsome and beautiful as I, and then will I come and dwell amongst you: and behold, I will bring forth children unto you, and they shall be the Sons of Comfort. I will open my garments, and stand naked before you, that your love may be more enflamed toward me.[13]

Essentially the above seems like, and functions a lot like, a western version of the Hindu Goddess Kali whose the overseer of the tantric path of Hinduism. Also, utterly fascinating that she'd say of herself, in 1587 of all times, "For behold I am Understanding" - Golden Dawn, McGregor Mathers, Wescott, and Crowley wouldn't be around for another 300 years, so it's interesting to see a couple guys - the advisor to Queen Elizabeth II and his dubious and controversial sidekick, hear her call herself Binah so upfront and glibly.

I suppose if the Flying Spaghetti Monster starts showing up in people's Enochian scryings and identifying itself as a version of Thoth Hermes it might get to be as complex a figure as Baphomet or Babalon and people might find a use for the FSM as an alchemical symbol. Till then it'll just be something written about to annoy theists.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 7:21 pm

When I picture Baphomet it pretty much looks the same. Regarding the tarot deck, the scales on the lower part of the body is something I was not expecting. The image I associate with this name is Levi's Baphomet. It's the popular culture image that inspires all the others.

The OK statue is a corruption of Levi's vision. All the Baphomets I have ever seen are a version of his.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 7:26 pm

We're still completely missing each other on communication it sounds like. You said:

Quote:

Levi's work wasn't to upset Christians. He was Catholic! Same for Wirth, same for everyone and anyone whose made a tarot deck since then with any rendition of Baphomet on the Devil key - it's an alchemical symbol. Similarly with Paul Foster Case's BOTA deck it's showing two people chained to the half-block which is half-wisdom, and essentially in bondage to materiality which is a false reality based on incomplete knowledge, something that the Tower experience liberates them from. It's a card that's about the trials and tribulations of materialism - not about promoting the devil, Satanism, or offending Christians.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 7:30 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
We're still completely missing each other on communication it sounds like. You said:

Quote:

Levi's work wasn't to upset Christians. He was Catholic! Same for Wirth, same for everyone and anyone whose made a tarot deck since then with any rendition of Baphomet on the Devil key - it's an alchemical symbol. Similarly with Paul Foster Case's BOTA deck it's showing two people chained to the half-block which is half-wisdom, and essentially in bondage to materiality which is a false reality based on incomplete knowledge, something that the Tower experience liberates them from. It's a card that's about the trials and tribulations of materialism - not about promoting the devil, Satanism, or offending Christians.

Their intentions might not have originally been that but the way Baphomet is,sometimes, used now, is to shock and upset fundies who are terrified of it and some of them have been programmed to become hysterical, especially when viewing the image.
Of course, tarot card users generally have no fear of the Devil or Baphomet because they are not so programmed. It's just another image not unlike the Easter Bunny or Christmas tree. It symbolizes situations HUMANS create for themselves but are often too unaware to understand their own existence and they do not wish to explore what can make life easier.
If anyone wants to view the real devil, all they need do is look in the mirror.