Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2015, 9:46 am

Lately I have been reading about Christian Weston Chandler a whole lot. I didn't know about him when he was most active but he has still done some crazy stuff since I discovered him. He's like a real life version of Francis from Super Paper Mario.

Anyways, I think he is going to turn out all right. His Christian fundie mother is definitely forcing him to be hetero and he is clearly trying REALLY hard to look hetero. That is where most of his nasty behavior probably comes from. He will be free when his mom dies ... and that will happen soon because she is old and obese.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2015, 12:02 pm

I'm a bit of two minds with regards to Chris Chan; on the one hand, he's got a terrible lot in life, with parents of, shall we say, dubious quality, issues that would have needed professional help from an early age, and having been allowed to basically remain a child well into adulthood. I think his recent adventures in transgenderism is a sign, not of a person figuring themselves out, but of a person who has absolutely no idea who he (she?) is.

On the other hand, he's been given a lot of leeway, and he only seems to be escalating his madness. He used to be creepy and sad but ultimately harmless, now he's vandalizing stores and harassing people in real life for imagined slights. He avoided severe sentencing once for hitting a guy with a car, and now he's facing charges again for assaulting a gamestop employee with maze. I worry that he'll be able to hold his autism up as a shield, and that this will ultimately cause fallout for rest of us somewhere down the line.

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2015, 12:59 pm

I side with Wolfram87; I've always been relatively sympathetic to Chris since I first heard about him, because even though he's a generally terrible person, I don't think he fully understands most of what he does or says. However, I disagree that he's going more "mad". Compared to how he was back in the "golden era", he's become downright calm and rational (well, at least by his standards). The macing incident was quite a surprise, but that we can at least say it was just a small squirt at the guy's shirt as opposed to a direct facial attack seems to indicate he's grown up somewhat since the "car incident" in 2011 (which, to be fair, was probably his mom's doing).

It's obvious Chris won't see jail time for the macing incident, but I really have no idea what will happen to him after his mother dies, or even how he'll handle it.

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Anyways, I think he is going to turn out all right. His Christian fundie mother is definitely forcing him to be hetero and he is clearly trying REALLY hard to look hetero.

Barbara's hardly a "Christian fundie" (she doesn't even go to church anymore, and even still, their United Methodist church was a pro-LGBT congregation), and if Chris is trying really hard to be hetero, he's doing a relatively poor job at it by taking hormones and regularly frequenting gay bars...

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2015, 9:49 am

Skibz888 wrote:
However, I disagree that he's going more "mad". Compared to how he was back in the "golden era", he's become downright calm and rational (well, at least by his standards).

Perhaps not more mad per se, but certainly acting out more. I mean, humping a gaming console on film is crazy, destroying said console on film to get $9001 is crazy and naive, but neither is exactly criminal. Stalking, trespassing, vandalism and assault, however...

I've seen two videos of the macing incident: the one taken on a phone looks less severe than the one taken with a surveillance camera that I now can't find to post. And even if the macing wasn't as bad as it could've been, it was still extremely frivolous use of a weapon, albeit a non-lethal one, with no provocation whatsoever.

Being an embarassment online and blaming autism for every little thing that's wrong with his life is one thing, but if he manages to buy sympathy for this kind of behaviour with the autism-card, it may set a dangerous precedent.

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2015, 3:17 pm

No, I agree that he should be held accountable for his actions; I'm definitely not giving him a pass on account of me being sympathetic towards his conditions. I mean, he can clearly tell the difference between right and wrong: there's a difference between a proper macing and a passive squirt at a guy's crotch...Chris knows enough not to outright injure someone, but he doesn't know enough that macing someone in any capacity is not something rational people do when not out of self-defense.

The GameStop incident was really the only major trouble Chris had been in since the attempted vehicular assault in 2011. Back then he was constantly getting banned from places and making videos of him screaming and flailing and threatening people...that's pretty much subsided entirely in the last couple years (or rather, video and audio evidence of it has). The last few videos he's made have been pretty harmless, and most of his drama happens in Facebook rants. He's gotten older - not necessarily smarter or wiser, but slightly more reasonable and definitely less naive. I would have believed 2009-era Chris capable of macing someone over a video game, which is why the incident came as quite a surprise to me last year.

LAEMapsie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Nov 2015, 12:52 pm

Chris Chan (Or Christine as "she" likes to be called now) has expanded their custom made amiibo. One of which is his visualisation of what Autism looks like.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2015, 1:21 pm

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2015, 10:15 am

I should probably add that I think the RW soundtrack is what was playing in the CC video above.

climategeek
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 May 2017, 2:07 am

Christine Chandler is a transgender autistic, but she considers herself to be a lesbisan female transgender. I don't feel pity for Christine, but instead it's a full on I have been there(!) as I can actually comkpletely relate to Christine because I had to walk in her shoes for like my whole life. My bullies were not online, but real life! I was abused at home, at school by bullies and some of my teachers punished me for actually being bullied, so yes I think the real villain(s) are the trolls and perhaps his mother for trying to control him to that extent that he relies on her so much, yet he is capable of bring completely alone. His mother is probably an obvious trump, far right anti LGBTQ supporter. At least Christine is going against a lot of what her mother wants.

fakkau89
Raven
Raven

28 May 2019, 6:42 am

He's okay. I mean I'm about to read his Sonichu stuff and that, but it's cool imho.

The art definately outshines the character/person.

Which is funny because thats how most artist are, weird, oddballs or somewhat insane/drug f'dd.

Its the price they pay, willingly or not.

I feel bad for him, he started off just like the sonic screaming kid and the like.

But he is gone too far, he should concentrate on his mediums and just art really, if all else fails, he prob has s**t ton of memorabilia and collections.

I think the culture shaped him, and all the hate and craziness that he most likely helped move along has turned him into 'something else' not exactly wicked' but still a cause for concern.

I do hope he gets some professional help, I think all this sexual deviancy derives from a lack of a proper childhood, dude is stuck in the past, if he gets the right help, he can find himself a new person, that is, if he/she/it chooses to.

I don't buy into any of the trans media news lately, I have sworn off tv so I just don't believe in it.

It's not something I hold important or newsworthy. (controversial! ha ha)

But yeah I think Chris/Christine is just lost and a wanderer. I don't think he is gay/homo or whatever.

He has adapted to his own circumstances which is unfortunate for him.

Fortunately he has his 'art' make of it what you will. It is OG (original and I like it)