Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

mimitchi33
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jul 2015, 10:11 am

I've just joined here as I have been recently been diagnosed with Asperger's at age 17. I had suspected I had autism as a kid, but I know it's a fact now. My name is Yumi, and I love animation and Japanese culture. Some of my favorite things include the movie Inside Out, Magic Adventures of Mumfie, Pretty Cure and Yo-Kai Watch. It's nice to meet you all, and I hope I get to know people just like me more.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2015, 3:52 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2015, 4:00 pm

Hey mimitchi33 welcome. :sunny:

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2015, 1:46 pm

mimitchi33 wrote:
I've just joined here as I have been recently been diagnosed with Asperger's at age 17. I had suspected I had autism as a kid, but I know it's a fact now. My name is Yumi, and I love animation and Japanese culture. Some of my favorite things include the movie Inside Out, Magic Adventures of Mumfie, Pretty Cure and Yo-Kai Watch. It's nice to meet you all, and I hope I get to know people just like me more.

You are very welcome here. I have also been diagnosed with Asperger's. I'm 48 and have found that although it can be a curse in certain ways, it is also a blessing in disguise. And if you don't mind the way it hinders you, (i.e., don't really care about social interaction), then it's not a problem!

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.