Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2015, 3:23 am

[quote="heavenlyabyss"

(Organized) religion is nothing more than storytelling and mythology. It's interesting and worthy of study but nothing to live by. Those Bible writers were sick sick people. Interesting, but sick.

Spirituality is fine but it's subjective and a lot of sh***y ass people claim to be spiritual.[/quote]

Actually the old and new testament are products of their times.
Nothing was sick and out of place for what was happening at the time, except for Jesus and his life.
Judea/Israel was a lot tamer than most of the ancient world.

The very little of the Bible was written in literal terms.

Though many if not most of the events of the old and new testaments did happen and are gradually being confirmed via archeology.

Much of the Quran is indeed true and much of it is literal based on the time it was written.
The Hindu Texts are something completely different from most religions and are still being heavily studied.
Buddhist texts are taken at face value, though Buddha was confirmed to be real and some of his remains are being studied.
Whether or not trees bloomed out of season, while an earthquake happened, while animals appeared at the time of his death is up for debate.
Whether or not you believe in God, Jesus or the other religions is a personal choice.

Spiritualism is also up for debate as many people don't believe in the non physical realm and/or spirits and souls.
Though there is no scientific evidence disproving it and paranormal activities.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2015, 4:08 am

xenocity wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
xenocity wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
xenocity wrote:
Good for you, though logic, literal thinking and religion can all exist peacefully in one person.

Though which theory of evolution do you believe in? or do you believe in all the theories of evolution, even though they contradict each other?

I hate to break to you, but science and biology don't explain everything, not even close to explaining the majority of things.

Lastly many religious books are based on local peoples and cultures, which many people try to apply on a global level (hence the problem) by taking the writings out of context.

There hasn't been a global flood in human times, though massive regional floods did occur
The Old Testament "Great Flood" flooded their known world, reaching as far as Baghdad in Iraq.
This flood was caused by the expansion of Mediterranean Sea into what is known as the Eastern Mediterranean Basin, creating a flood as far as Iraq and India.
Another "Great Flood" occurred when the Mediterranean Sea flooded the Bosporus Straits and Black Sea Basin.

There was a "Great Flood" that hit South America and North America as well.

What different theories of evolution might that be? I don't see scientists at each others throats over the subject.

There is no monolithic theory of evolution, never has been.
Scientists don't agree on how life evolved into its current form, let alone how life was started.
Scientists do agree that evolution is a real and it cannot be stopped.

Darwin and his partner stated the all life evolved from a single ancestor, sometime after the first continent was created (only part of said land mass still exists).
This is called Darwinism.
Some take it further claiming all life is descendant from one single living organism from the primordial era.

Some theories reject the single common ancestor, and instead believe that numerous organisms sprung up instead which all life has descendant from.
Some scientists also believe that numerous life forms pop up through out time, thus not all life descends from one time period.

Some reject this notion outright claiming that new life springs up from time to time and no life is the descendant from the primordial eras.

I've listed many of the most backed origin theories on life and the universe in my previous post.
They also don't agree on the origins of humans and don't all agree on that humans originate from Africa.

While there might be some dispute about details of evolutionary origins, I don't see any modern scientists arguing the point to declaring one another heretics. Those who believe that aliens had brought human DNA to earth I doubt have any credibility, and are a distinct minority. And while there are still some scholars that doubt an African origin for humanity, they are also in a distinct minority.

There is no agreed upon and proven origin of life as of yet.
Just competing theories.
The alien people are growing minority.
Those who challenge the EVE theory (African origin theory of humanity) are growing in numbers as new evidence is found.

The point is science is not in agreement on the origins of life and human evolution and probably never will be until conclusive evidence is found.
Hell there are Human remains found in South and North America that are the same age as those found in Africa, but closer related to modern man.
There is newly discovered evidence in Europe and Asia too.
The Eve Theorists are refusing to accept it and are trying to shut it down...
Hell many Eve Theorists refuse to accept the West African Y chromosome which is dated much earlier than the East African X and Y chromosomes.

Science isn't as peaceful as it is made out to be.
None of them command media attention, which is why we don't hear most of it.

There have been human ancestor fossils found in the Americas? When and where? What sources support this? Recently, skeletal remains of Lucy's ancestor was discovered in Sub-Saharan Africa, which is the oldest hominid evidence so far. As far as I know, nothing anywhere else in the world in regard to human origins comes nearly as close in age. Oh, there are some theorists who believe humanity arose outside of Africa, but they are a distinct minority. As for those who believe aliens had brought human life to earth - - no matter how many adherents this crazy idea has, I sincerely doubt anyone in academia takes it seriously. And if they do, they should be removed from their scholarly positions for blatant crack pottery.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2015, 2:04 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
xenocity wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
xenocity wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
xenocity wrote:
Good for you, though logic, literal thinking and religion can all exist peacefully in one person.

Though which theory of evolution do you believe in? or do you believe in all the theories of evolution, even though they contradict each other?

I hate to break to you, but science and biology don't explain everything, not even close to explaining the majority of things.

Lastly many religious books are based on local peoples and cultures, which many people try to apply on a global level (hence the problem) by taking the writings out of context.

There hasn't been a global flood in human times, though massive regional floods did occur
The Old Testament "Great Flood" flooded their known world, reaching as far as Baghdad in Iraq.
This flood was caused by the expansion of Mediterranean Sea into what is known as the Eastern Mediterranean Basin, creating a flood as far as Iraq and India.
Another "Great Flood" occurred when the Mediterranean Sea flooded the Bosporus Straits and Black Sea Basin.

There was a "Great Flood" that hit South America and North America as well.

What different theories of evolution might that be? I don't see scientists at each others throats over the subject.

There is no monolithic theory of evolution, never has been.
Scientists don't agree on how life evolved into its current form, let alone how life was started.
Scientists do agree that evolution is a real and it cannot be stopped.

Darwin and his partner stated the all life evolved from a single ancestor, sometime after the first continent was created (only part of said land mass still exists).
This is called Darwinism.
Some take it further claiming all life is descendant from one single living organism from the primordial era.

Some theories reject the single common ancestor, and instead believe that numerous organisms sprung up instead which all life has descendant from.
Some scientists also believe that numerous life forms pop up through out time, thus not all life descends from one time period.

Some reject this notion outright claiming that new life springs up from time to time and no life is the descendant from the primordial eras.

I've listed many of the most backed origin theories on life and the universe in my previous post.
They also don't agree on the origins of humans and don't all agree on that humans originate from Africa.

While there might be some dispute about details of evolutionary origins, I don't see any modern scientists arguing the point to declaring one another heretics. Those who believe that aliens had brought human DNA to earth I doubt have any credibility, and are a distinct minority. And while there are still some scholars that doubt an African origin for humanity, they are also in a distinct minority.

There is no agreed upon and proven origin of life as of yet.
Just competing theories.
The alien people are growing minority.
Those who challenge the EVE theory (African origin theory of humanity) are growing in numbers as new evidence is found.

The point is science is not in agreement on the origins of life and human evolution and probably never will be until conclusive evidence is found.
Hell there are Human remains found in South and North America that are the same age as those found in Africa, but closer related to modern man.
There is newly discovered evidence in Europe and Asia too.
The Eve Theorists are refusing to accept it and are trying to shut it down...
Hell many Eve Theorists refuse to accept the West African Y chromosome which is dated much earlier than the East African X and Y chromosomes.

Science isn't as peaceful as it is made out to be.
None of them command media attention, which is why we don't hear most of it.

There have been human ancestor fossils found in the Americas? When and where? What sources support this? Recently, skeletal remains of Lucy's ancestor was discovered in Sub-Saharan Africa, which is the oldest hominid evidence so far. As far as I know, nothing anywhere else in the world in regard to human origins comes nearly as close in age. Oh, there are some theorists who believe humanity arose outside of Africa, but they are a distinct minority. As for those who believe aliens had brought human life to earth - - no matter how many adherents this crazy idea has, I sincerely doubt anyone in academia takes it seriously. And if they do, they should be removed from their scholarly positions for blatant crack pottery.

There are numerous documentaries, PBS ran one a few weeks ago.
They don't understand how there can be MODERN human fossils in the Americas that rival their old world counter parts in age.

I'm not talking hominids, though the fossil records of them are also becoming more interesting and revealing as they find more outside of Africa (you'd be surprised what they are finding).

Even then not all of science accepts Lucy either.
Is the alien theory and less crackpot sounding than go/gods, the big bang theory, or comets bringing it all to Earth?
To me they all sound crackpottish, not one being any less than the other.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2015, 2:56 pm

While PBS is a reliably source, I have to think (even without having watched the show) that some mistake had been made in dating the human remains. It happens from time to time.
As for crackpot theories - - I think there is more evidence of a Big Bang than there is of an alien racial origin.

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2015, 11:09 pm

xenocity wrote:
There are numerous documentaries, PBS ran one a few weeks ago.
They don't understand how there can be MODERN human fossils in the Americas that rival their old world counter parts in age.

I'm not talking hominids, though the fossil records of them are also becoming more interesting and revealing as they find more outside of Africa (you'd be surprised what they are finding).

Even then not all of science accepts Lucy either.
Is the alien theory and less crackpot sounding than go/gods, the big bang theory, or comets bringing it all to Earth?
To me they all sound crackpottish, not one being any less than the other.

Can you link to these articles that talk about these ancient remains in America? The oldest one I'm finding is only 13,200 years old, while there are remains far older in Africa. National Geographic and Smithsonian both agree to this:
National Geographic wrote:
The new Ethiopian fossil, announced online by the journal Science, pushes the arrival of Homo on the East African landscape back almost half a million years, to 2.8 million years ago. The date is tantalizingly close to the last known appearance, around three million years ago, of Australopithecus afarensis, an upright-walking, small-brained species best known from the skeleton called Lucy, believed by many scientists to be the direct ancestor of our genus. The new jaw, known as LD 350-1, was found in January 2013 just a dozen miles from where Lucy was found in 1974.

Also, I know Wikipedia may not be the most accepted/reliable source, but all their listings are for Africa as well: List of Human Evolution Fossils