Harassing someone whom you like

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 4:21 pm

I did this in 10th grade. There was a cute girl in my class and I kept hugging her from the back, but she didn't like it. She repeatedly told me to stop, but I thought she was playing hard to get. I eventually stopped. I feel like a scumbag for harassing her.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 4:24 pm

I'm glad you grew out of that.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2015, 3:31 pm

See? That doesn't happen in sex-segregated schools.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 4:36 am

Spiderpig wrote:
See? That doesn't happen in sex-segregated schools.

We live in the 21st century. That's not an excuse to harass people, however sex-segregated schools are a thing of the past.
In tenth grade I was not grown up enough. Now I am, and I don't harass people anymore.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 4:44 am

Sex-segregated schools are alive and well in the 21st century, and claiming they're "a thing of the past" isn't a sound argument against them. It is an obvious fact in their favor, however, that no student harasses an opposite-sex student in them.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 6:09 am

NT/AS segregated schools is a better idea. It would reduce bullying.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 7:02 am

maybe you can send her on fb a message of asking for forgiveness?
That might sound weird because even she probably doesn't recall this. How old are you now?

I would appreciate if my bullies had this sense of regret.

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 8:50 am

Quote:

I should have done that right after I stopped. I no longer want to get in touch with her, because we don't get along.
She was the only girl in our class. I liked her in 10th grade, but not in a romantic way; I simply felt attracted to her. Some time after I stopped harassing her, she started being mean to me. She called me a stupid animal, like I said in another thread. Now I hate her.

Densaugeo
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Aug 2015, 12:22 pm

Cockroach96 wrote:
Quote:

I should have done that right after I stopped. I no longer want to get in touch with her...

Best not to stir up trouble. Some might appreciate an apology, but others would prefer not to be reminded at all and could be quite hostile.

I (sort of) did this once. There was a girl at church who seemed interested in me, and she tried to find out what events I was going to...by calling my family's home phone (remember those?) and talking to my batshit crazy parents. I wasn't going anywhere near that mess, so I told her I wasn't interested and said some insulting things to make extra sure.