Do women have a harder time trusting people?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

specialsauce
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Aug 2015, 5:06 am

If I'm trying to make a girl friend it always seems like making her trust me is a big part of it.

I feel like I trust people pretty easily. I had a hard time growing up due to Aspergers, I never knew who to trust with what information and it caused me problems at the time but it didn't mess me up. I can still trust people fine.

Why does it seem to me like normal people are having a harder time at trusting than me? Do women feel more vulnerable or something? Or is it probably true that I'm not approaching the outgoing easily trusting girls because they don't fit with my aspie personality?

dobyfm
Toucan
Toucan

03 Aug 2015, 5:15 am

I will not say all, but a lot of females take time to trust someone. I think it may stem from the fact that growing up we had to deal with always being careful where we go. Or maybe they had a bad experience with someone or a lot of people.

I take time to trust someone, but that is because I have had terrible experiences with being betrayed.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2015, 6:25 am

As someone said, women live in a more dangerous world. You have to respect that and appreciate their trust. It takes more courage for them to get close to you than vice-versa.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2015, 6:49 am

NTs and especially NT women assume that everything's "the tip of the iceberg".

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2015, 10:07 am

They know following the nose comes the rest of the camel, so to speak :lol:

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Beau
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2015, 8:41 pm

Hey specialsauce.

To answer your thread title, I don't believe that it's gender specific. There are many factors involved, such as how the person was raised, what the parents/guardians taught him/her, whether the person has been "burned" before, how severe or traumatic that experience was... etc. Just give it time and make sure your words and your actions line up.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 2:44 am

Inability to get any experience can be burning enough, too.

specialsauce
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Aug 2015, 5:37 pm

Yeah.

I'm thinking it's going to be a long haul though. Oh well.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2015, 2:08 pm

Beau wrote:
Hey specialsauce.

To answer your thread title, I don't believe that it's gender specific. There are many factors involved, such as how the person was raised, what the parents/guardians taught him/her, whether the person has been "burned" before, how severe or traumatic that experience was... etc. Just give it time and make sure your words and your actions line up.

Most people have at least some difficulty expressing and/or recognizing trust. From what I've seen it's something everyone figures out bit by bit.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen: