Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2015, 6:29 am

Keiji wrote:
Catlover5 wrote:
The best way to stand up for yourself is by telling an authority.

I don't think so, this has little benefit - authorities just do not bother following things up - and it just gets you labeled a grass.

I can say that confidently because my childhood contained many years of bullying and I'm just thankful there was an end to it when I left school.

To this day I still have no idea what would have been a "good" way of standing up for myself, when I am and always have been physically weak, clumsy, short, gullible and terrible at ad-libbing.

I was bullied when was younger, and i did stand up to them, and i did it with violence, and it did stop them in this particular incident. One of the dangers of using violence though, is that it can harm you. I was young at the time, but for a very brief period after standing up to bullying, i became a bully. I think it was using violence that did this. It is a dangerous action, it breeds like a virus sometimes. Standing up to someone in a non violent way is still standing up to someone. Gandhi had some success with this. I'm not sure though how standing up to enemies in the second world in this way would have been. Does violence sometimes have to be met with violence? If ever it is though, i think the person acting out of violence in self defence needs to cleanse themselves of their actions, as, like me, the success that violence caused, can lead a person, or perhaps a nation to submit to its dark side.

hmk66
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Sep 2015, 11:57 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
If you're like me, they can make fun of you based on how completely unattractive you are, as they know firsthand there's no way a girl could ever feel the absolutely slightest interest in you.

I was often bullied by girls and young women. But they never said negative things about my appearance. They often said I would be very attractive. From that point I couldn't see the difference between bullying, hitting on me and being friendly. Sexual or social interest in me could well be fake. I didn't trust women, and saw them as a potential bully.

I work at school with teenager students. Girls are very friendly, and their social interest (although I am way older) seem to be genuine.

sephardic-male
Toucan
Toucan

05 Oct 2015, 2:36 pm

college is filled with adults

Robert Stacy McCain's sex trouble series

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2015, 2:47 pm

Can girls bully guys? Ask any married man! :lol:

Rockymtchris
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Oct 2015, 2:56 pm

I really hate to admit it, but I was bullied by girls in high school that were actually in LOWER grades than I was.

Now the good news, I seemed to experience a LOT less bullying once in college, but the bad news is that I somewhat became a bit of one myself by then (Jocks versus preppies sort of thing) mainly out of reaction to what I went through in H.S. and Jr. High. College was a whole new crowd and I guess I believed it helped me fit in as a varsity athlete.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 2:49 pm

Rockymtchris wrote:
I really hate to admit it, but I was bullied by girls in high school that were actually in LOWER grades than I was.

So was I. In fact, they were the most enduring bullies, catching me off guard at a time when I was otherwise no longer being bullied. And they specifically joked about how ridiculous the idea that I could have a girlfriend was—hence some of my earlier comments.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Last edited by Spiderpig on 06 Oct 2015, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rockymtchris
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Oct 2015, 3:28 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
Rockymtchris wrote:

So was I. In fact, they were the most enduring bullies, catching me off-guard at a time when I was otherwise no longer being bullied. And they specifically joked about how ridiculous the idea that I could have a girlfriend was—hence some of my earlier comments.

This is exactly why most of my intimate friends in my teen years went to >other< high schools. That way they would have no idea how I was being treated day by day, and those bullying girls at my school would have no clue to my personal life.

QueenBeeSylv
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Oct 2015, 8:21 pm

With a chair? Really?

Yes, girls can and do bully - sometimes one another, dometimes guys - my brother got it.

Getting violent, though?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2015, 8:36 pm

Actually I've had girls apologize to me over this without ever feeling offended by them. I legitimately didn't remember any conflict. Makes me wonder if all my communication issues arise from being thick skinned...

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2015, 4:32 am

QueenBeeSylv wrote:
With a chair? Really?

Yes, girls can and do bully - sometimes one another, dometimes guys - my brother got it.

Getting violent, though?

Depends on where you set the threshold of what is considered “violence”. Some girls weren’t afraid to do clever things like stomping my foot when we were waiting in line for lunch, and they thought I couldn’t see them. They knew I couldn’t as much as put a finger on them without getting in big trouble (it didn’t help matters that the particular girl who did that was a teacher’s daughter), so all I dared to do was to complain verbally and stupidly argue with them, much to their amusement, and often earning further petty aggressions from them that kept humiliating me more and more. They probably found it funny, too, how clumsy my speech was, especially under stress.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Al725
Toucan
Toucan

07 Nov 2015, 9:12 pm

Oh. They can be allot worse, but your physical appearance has allot to do with HOW they'll treat you to be brutally honest. I'm good looking, so when girls make fun of my silliness, allot of times it's combined with some sort of flirting

dobyfm
Toucan
Toucan

12 Nov 2015, 8:34 am

Girls are just as likely to bully a guy or anyone else. Bullies are all the same; people who are born with ugly personalities.

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2015, 3:04 pm

Absolutely, bullying is not specific to any gender.

Ardentmisanthrope23
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Dec 2015, 6:36 am

Too right they can...

In my experience, due to them being far more in tune with any particular social circle or agenda, some women will be far more quick to single out the face that doesn't fit, and if that face is male, then they can bring to bear the "weirdo" categorization, and as it is directed at a male the implied threat is greater.

He could be seen as dangerous, in other words. They may not believe this at all, but it will hurt him so much, they will enjoy making other people believe it.

Just ignoring it won't cut it. NT females bullying men on the spectrum is the perfect storm of a person who knows EXACTLY the effect their actions may have, bullying someone with ASD who may be ill equipped to cope with it. And if he has a meltdown because of it, He may be labeled a specific threat to women, or at least someone who is seen as being intimidating to them. I hate this ***t.

And if you complain about being bullied by females you are told to "man up". How exactly do you do this?

But I care. A lot.
(My username is "tongue in cheek" BTW)

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 6:50 am

You can't. There's no solution, and this is completely intentional. It's about bullying you, not about giving you a chance to escape the bullying.

zchong
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Dec 2015, 8:13 pm

Yes! It happens all the time! Girls would bully me a lot.

[url]https://tvbookfilmreviewers.wordpress.com/
[/url]
https://writersrandomideas.wordpress.com/
https://justanotherstupidblogsite.wordpress.com/