PC Bulls**t on WrongPlanet forums

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Robin Banks
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Aug 2015, 3:42 am

Came back to WP recently and I cant help but notice that anyone who talks about romantic relationships, girls, sex, etc. and doesn't toe the politically-correct line (men and women are equal, etc.) gets insulted, berated, and doesn't get any of what they say responded to with anything other than anger and name-calling. I just had a thread I started get locked because people wouldn't stop raging and name-calling due to the fact that I expressed some non-PC opinions in my original post. Is anyone else bothered by this?

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 5:14 am

Robin Banks wrote:
Came back to WP recently and I cant help but notice that anyone who talks about romantic relationships, girls, sex, etc. and doesn't toe the politically-correct line (men and women are equal, etc.) gets insulted, berated, and doesn't get any of what they say responded to with anything other than anger and name-calling. I just had a thread I started get locked because people wouldn't stop raging and name-calling due to the fact that I expressed some non-PC opinions in my original post. Is anyone else bothered by this?

That's why I left in the first place.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 8:12 am

I'm not into PC AT ALL....but if somebody expresses an opinion which I find to be negative, I will express my opposition to it.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 8:33 am

Nothing to do with PC. I'm very anti-PC, but when I see sh*t like in your thread, I feel compelled to call it for what it is.

Amandar
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Aug 2015, 8:42 am

rdos wrote:
Nothing to do with PC. I'm very anti-PC, but when I see sh*t like in your thread, I feel compelled to call it for what it is.

:lmao:

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 8:58 am

Robin Banks wrote:

I am. I read the thread and you were the one name-calling and using derogatory language ("sloppy seconds.") This way of thinking about women is offensive.

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 11:21 am

For future reference, kids, there's a huge but discernible difference between "being PC" and "not being a jerk". :?

Robin Banks
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Aug 2015, 1:48 pm

nah, it's definitely PC. if i want to anonymously express my feelings about a private relationship in my life as an aspie, shouldn't this be the place to do it? and if someone thinks i'm being a jerk, or my views are messed up, shouldn't they be able to say that, and also let other people express their opinions?
when i posted my earlier thread, I got a very strong vibe of "we don't tolerate those kinds of opinions around here. please leave." and then the thread got LOCKED, further proving the vibe i had gotten.

also, i notice there are like maybe 10 or 15 people who respond to EVERY THREAD on this site. those of you who responded to this thread telling me that I'm a jerk, are the same ones who responded to my previous thread to tell me I was a jerk, and got on the case of anyone who attempted to respond in a civil way, and I recognize your usernames from, like, every thread on this forum. do you guys really have nothing better to do than hate-read my threads and get them locked? if i come across a thread where someone expresses an opinion that pisses me off, I usually just don't respond.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 1:54 pm

Most of us do not appreciate being called ret*d by NT's. Isn't that being PC?

Robin Banks
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Aug 2015, 2:08 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:

what? who said anything about that?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 2:40 pm

Robin Banks wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

what? who said anything about that?

Lostonearth was using this as an example of how free speech can feel unpleasant. Ok, so lets say someone called you a ret*d. How does that make you feel? That hurt you feel for being labelled unfairly, that's how a woman feels when you say something vitriollic about her based on a gender stereotype.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 3:11 pm

Often the very fact that something said about you hurts is taken as conclusive proof that it's true. Truth hurts after all, doesn't it?

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 3:18 pm

I take PC as being politically correct? And which locked thread are we talking about?

I believe in free speech for everyone minus name calling and downgrading words such as "stupid", etc. Also saying that "all" are a certain way is not true either.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 3:41 pm

The vast majority of the time I hear people on the internet complaining about political correctness, it's people who are mad that they can't use racial/sexist slurs or speak derisively about a particular group of people.

I mean, of course there are many facets of "political correctness", but nine times out of ten, internet complaints about it are usually one of the above.

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 3:47 pm

^^^ Precisely!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 5:22 pm

yes how horrible that you can't call women sloppy seconds or talk about how women shouldn't' be equals. shame on women for finding that offensive.

next are you going to tell us its bad to ban racists who call blacks the n world and say they should be slaves.

maybe we should allow a neo nazi to come here and preach about how all jews should be killed.

somethings are just not ok to say. wp is a private website, free speech really has not protection here. so they don't have to listen to your'e offensive comments especially if the majority of their users ie customers find it offensive.

though for the record for all the women who hate on guys like me, this is true sexism and treating women bad. not what we do. I hope you see that but doubt you will.