Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

kenp94
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Aug 2015, 8:23 am

Hi all,
Wondering if anyone has insight into my behavior yesterday. Was playing frisbee golf with a couple of friends. One friend brought up a social issue that we disagree on. I went into a bit of a rage, calling him names, etc. I noticed that my two friends were able to go on with the game like nothing happened. I, on the other hand, still had the adrenaline flowing, obsessing about the topic, and couldn't slow down my thoughts or concentrate on the rest of the game.
I'm wondering if that event triggered a manic episode. I know I could use practice letting things go and not obsessing, but could it be part of my bi-polar that keeps me manic after such a confrontation?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Aug 2015, 6:18 pm

I'm not bipolar but I got like that sometimes when I had Aspie meltdowns.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2015, 6:41 pm

Are you sure that's mania?

kimmyxoxo
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Aug 2015, 7:04 am

kenp94 wrote:
Hi all,
Wondering if anyone has insight into my behavior yesterday. Was playing frisbee golf with a couple of friends. One friend brought up a social issue that we disagree on. I went into a bit of a rage, calling him names, etc. I noticed that my two friends were able to go on with the game like nothing happened. I, on the other hand, still had the adrenaline flowing, obsessing about the topic, and couldn't slow down my thoughts or concentrate on the rest of the game.
I'm wondering if that event triggered a manic episode. I know I could use practice letting things go and not obsessing, but could it be part of my bi-polar that keeps me manic after such a confrontation?

It kinda sounds like you were more wound up that the other two friends kind of cold shouldered it and seemed a bit passive. It sounds like the thing you were feeling was pent up, un dealt with rage because the conversation didn't end appropriately or you weren't addressed. It peeves me off too, it's incredibly bad manners.