Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2015, 4:02 pm

Claiming the Quran’s support, the Islamic State codifies sex slavery in conquered regions of Iraq and Syria and uses the practice as a recruiting tool

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2015, 7:31 pm

We need to ship thousands of cases of Bengay over there and make sure it gets into the right hands. If things really get good there'll be guerrilla-surgeons picking up ISIS fighters, giving them sex changes, and throwing them back at their compatriots while the surgeries are still fresh.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2015, 7:54 pm

They are just practising their religion. Who are we to judge? Damn cultural chauvenists.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2015, 9:29 pm

Humanaut wrote:
They are just practising their religion. Who are we to judge? Damn cultural chauvenists.

Was it Hillary Clinton who said that freedom is a cultural thing? Perhaps that's the issue - we're pushing our western values and expectations on these guys.

I've hoped for a while that all the industrial money leaving China would go to Africa, start to bring in infrastructure across the continent, and from there the barbarians would be getting squeezed in from both the north and the south by a world that they just don't fit into anymore. They'd be able to either live in Saudi Arabia or hop a plane and go to North Korea, and that would be about as much relevant range as they could get. This just makes me feel all the more like it needs to happen yesterday.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2015, 11:32 pm

you can use religious conviction to justify and even glorify literally anything.

which is why it is best kept out of governance and law.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2015, 11:39 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I've hoped for a while that all the industrial money leaving China would go to Africa, start to bring in infrastructure across the continent, and from there the barbarians would be getting squeezed in from both the north and the south by a world that they just don't fit into anymore. They'd be able to either live in Saudi Arabia or hop a plane and go to North Korea, and that would be about as much relevant range as they could get.

The muslamists should move to the moon. After all, they are lunar worshippers. A change in gravity might do them some good.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2015, 12:05 am

Hey, as long as it's Islamics doing it it's okay.

:roll:

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2015, 12:13 am

Raptor wrote:
Hey, as long as it's Islamics doing it it's okay.

:roll:

It's not alright.

However, it is a stated goal of da'esh to draw the united states into their "holy war".

And i don't necessarily think that we should oblige their desires. Certainly not on their terms.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2015, 12:21 am

Nonsense. They are being used for target practise, and have never been in a position to dictate terms.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2015, 12:52 am

I think we would be talking about ISIS more if we were talking about Palestine a lot less.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2015, 1:08 am

Humanaut wrote:
Nonsense. They are being used for target practise, and have never been in a position to dictate terms.

They control large portions of Iraq and Syria.

The traffic in yazidi and christian women as sex slaves has gotten to a point where there is a persistent infrastructure of holding facilities, vans for transport, a sales force, the whole 9 yards.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2015, 2:38 am

blauSamstag wrote:
They control large portions of Iraq and Syria.

Being grinded down while surrounded and contained in a landlock is the opposite of being in control.

Quote:
The traffic in yazidi and christian women as sex slaves has gotten to a point where there is a persistent infrastructure of holding facilities, vans for transport, a sales force, the whole 9 yards.

Prisoners of war can be treated as slaves according to the Quran. Islam is a sick and evil religion.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2015, 2:00 pm

A interesting article about ISIS made in February. It's a long one.
http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2015/02/what-isis-really-wants/384980/
I knew they were fanatics, but not THAT fanatics. Still they could be trapped in Dabiq, they are obsessed with Dabiq.

Quote:
A recent propaganda video shows clips from Hollywood war movies set in medieval times—perhaps because many of the prophecies specify that the armies will be on horseback or carrying ancient weapons.

Maybe NATO should sell them swords, they would be less dangerous that with guns.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2015, 4:08 pm

Tollorin wrote:
A interesting article about ISIS made in February. It's a long one.
http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2015/02/what-isis-really-wants/384980/
I knew they were fanatics, but not THAT fanatics. Still they could be trapped in Dabiq, they are obsessed with Dabiq.

Quote:
A recent propaganda video shows clips from Hollywood war movies set in medieval times—perhaps because many of the prophecies specify that the armies will be on horseback or carrying ancient weapons.

Maybe NATO should sell them swords, they would be less dangerous that with guns.

:lol: The NATO should send Italian troops to Dabiq as a trap.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2015, 4:21 pm

It seems that every x hundred of years, a booming radical islam occurs, as if it's a cycle in the islamic history.

Before ISIS, there was the Taliban expansion, before it the Wahhabi expansion, and before it caliphate expansions, before it, the first Islamic expansion.

And most of these expansions were mostly waged against moderate/less radical muslims, to 'remind' them of the original Islam.

Saudi Arabia's regime is the root of all Sunnite radicalism today .

Iranian regime is the root of all Shiite radicalism today .

As long these two stay in power, this will keep happening.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2015, 4:24 pm

Check this out!

The leader of the Islamic State extremist group, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, raped an American hostage multiple times before she died earlier this year, according to a new report by ABC News.

http://www.rt.com/usa/312501-isis-leade ... n-hostage/