Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

SpaceRanger
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Aug 2015, 8:23 am

Hello all,

I'm SpaceRanger, as the name suggests, I was born a few hundred years too early. I am 31 years old, was diagnosed with AS when I was 29. I am troublesomely married to my neurotypical wife, and thanks to her in fact I was diagnosed as she kept trying to find out why I am the way I am, instead of taking the more typical approach that many get, so I was lucky in that regard. It is still hard for her, but I do my best to often being not the person who I am, but at least she sees this now and we go along fine this way. I have a German Shepherd, used to have a Beagle, I like animals in general. I studied Aeronautics in University, worked in the aviation branch, but am between jobs as it is hard to find a position in this branch because believe it or not, it is a very small branch. I love the universe, on my evening strolls with my dog if it isn't raining, I spend time trying to spot satellites, while going over the constellations to ensure I don't forget them. One month ago as I did that, my dog Odin lunged at a cat, where he lunged exactly when his paw was between the tip of my moccasin shoes and my great toe, and of course he ripped my toe nearly out, blood everywhere, but not really feeling pain, I was able to not let go of my dog, while limping home for about a mile. There with some bandage and scotch tape and alcohol (that did hurt), I self-treated myself, and with luck, my nail didn't come off. I learned to now not only scan the skies, but also the surroundings. My dog doesn't hurt cats, he just lunges at them, as once he cornered one and all he did was playbark at it from a distance. I enjoy building rockets and try launch them when I find a moment not to attract too many people. I hate hot and humid weather and what keeps me alive from that are air conditioners. I have a high admiration for air conditioners in general, if I would have no degree, I would have loved working in a shop that sells them and be in charge of installing them. I love the cold and dryness. Of course my wife hates it. I play a lot of video games, but I am slowly feeling distant from all those shooters I used to play. I now enjoy role playing games and simulation games. As a hobby, I used to hit the gym but stopped where I am now, because the closest gym has too many people and I get stressed when the exercises I am about to do I am not able to do, because people occupy the machines. Where I used to go before the move, the gym had several machines, and less people. About people, I do not have a personal problem with them, although they annoy me at times (not their fault half the time), but I am extremely nosophobic, and when I hear people cough or sneeze near me, it is like torture. Since I am on the computer often, I thought I give this place a try, maybe I can help contribute, and I will try not to be too direct with answers, as people easily get offended these days. I don't care however if people are direct with me, I don't have time to feel offended, as I don't really care for emotions nor do I really have any, I go by common sense and weigh all possible consequences that any of my actions could have, I do this pretty much the whole day, for everything I do, to minimize abnormalities, I very much dislike abnormalities.
Looking forward to participate with you all.

SR

Xenization
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2015, 1:20 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet, SpaceRanger! We're glad to have you here. :D

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2015, 4:15 pm

Hey SpaceRanger welcome. :sunny:

David2772