Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2015, 5:40 am

I'm permanently leaving WP. I don't know who the mods are right now and I don't care, but one of you, please delete my account.

I've discussed this before, and I've been taking 2 month breaks between incidents, only to come back and deal with yet another one. This has become an every-post problem and I'm done dealing with it. It's interfering with my life now, and frankly, that's a situation that should never happen on this site. It seems like every time I post anything I get the following type of response:

Quote:
'Identity politics'! ! :lmao: :roll:

For once I am actually going to be deliberately rude here: Go to hell mister! All of this BS about being part of the problem if you are not actively part of the solution is a load of crap. I don't want to tarnish my character by getting involved in bloody politics. I am NOT going to 'speak out'! I have other things to do with my life, better things. If you don't like that - well, tough, I don't give a s**t.

That's an actual post directed at me by an individual on This Thread (Click).

I thought that leaving WP temporarily would help solve this issue, but it's only gotten worse, and I've left a number of times before (3 times this year). I've spent more time away from WP this year, than actually on it, singular posts being about 2 months apart, and in almost every case, this happened.
I already have to deal with this type of crap from people I know personally, I should not have to deal with it on a site that's supposed to be a place where I can come to meet understanding people who, frankly, should have a better disposition than that of a 4 year old.

It's gotten to the point where every time I visit this site, I'm being insulted, ridiculed, and generally put off by the people here. I can no longer function here, and these incidents effect my emotional state more than most want to realize, and honestly, nobody here cares about any of that.

I would never recommend this site to anyone who deals with issues every day, just because of the fact that there are these deliberately rude people here, whose first reaction is to be an ass because they disagree with you.

I've come back to this site 4 times this year, and this is my last time. Every time, I thought it would be better, but it hasn't been, so I'm done.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2015, 6:14 am

Good-Bye!

Xenization
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2015, 1:57 pm

Goodbye, Jaden. I'm sorry you feel that way, and although we didn't have a chance to talk, WP will miss your posts.

Aspie202
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Aug 2015, 2:00 pm

So sorry this happened to you, and we will miss you here at WP. :(

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2015, 3:41 pm

We will miss you here at WP and safe travels for you. :cry:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2015, 5:58 pm

I wonder how many times Jaden has logged in just to check this thread for replies.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2015, 12:32 am

You don't need to log in to view this sub-forum. And if he does view the replies, that's understandable as he knows there are good people on WP as well as nasty ones.

It's a pity that a good member is driven to leave in this way.

We will miss you, Jaden. I hope you will someday come back.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2015, 12:38 am

jk1 wrote:
You don't need to log in to view this sub-forum. And if he does view the replies, that's understandable as he knows there are good people on WP as well as nasty ones.

It's a pity that a good member is driven to leave in this way.

We will miss you, Jaden. I hope you will someday come back.

Having slept on it a bit, I'll probably come back after a while, and I think the first thing I'll do when I come back officially is come up with a list of things that should be improved on the site (was going to do that last time, but time got in the way). I'm not sure if I'll ever post in legitimate topics again though, since that's where the same stuff always happens, but we'll see.

Thank you guys for the support.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2015, 6:14 am

I just knew you would be back! I knew you were bluffing!

The people who really want to leave, do so quietly.

The ones who put on a dramatic show of indicting the rest of us for our "crimes" against them, and the announce their departure usually come back within a week.

Were you actually going to leave, or were you just fishing for replies encouraging you to stay?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2015, 6:39 am

Is it good to fish after a lot of rain?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2015, 6:41 am

Oh, are you going? Just when I'm coming back!

Waterfalls
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2015, 7:09 am

Fnord wrote:
The people who really want to leave, do so [i]quietly[/i

Not necessarily, though that may be a common scenario.

I can think of examples of people who posted about leaving and left anyway. Occasionally some return, but not always.

Sometimes this is a great site, but there can be a lot of caustic responses, at times responses are even cruel.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2015, 8:00 am

Jaden wrote:
Having slept on it a bit, I'll probably come back after a while, and I think the first thing I'll do when I come back officially is come up with a list of things that should be improved on the site (was going to do that last time, but time got in the way). I'm not sure if I'll ever post in legitimate topics again though, since that's where the same stuff always happens, but we'll see.

for a 29 year old, you sure are all over the place. i have never been fond of inconsistencies.

if one exits stage left, then those waiting in stage right should not be crash tackled from behind as one reenters the stage unexpectedly.

Xenization
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2015, 8:03 am

Jaden wrote:

You should probably change your signature, then.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2015, 8:10 am

Waterfalls wrote:
Fnord wrote:
The people who really want to leave, do so quietly
Not necessarily, though that may be a common scenario.
It may not happen in every case, but that's the way to bet. Another way to bet is when an exit speech is full of drama and blame, betting on the person's inevitable return is an almost sure thing, especially when the person has done it before.

Waterfalls wrote:
I can think of examples of people who posted about leaving and left anyway. Occasionally some return, but not always.
Tallyman, right? He posted that he was leaving, and his post read like a retirement speech. He's still gone. :cry:

Waterfalls wrote:
Sometimes this is a great site, but there can be a lot of caustic responses, at times responses are even cruel.
Never mistake factual statements for cruelty. Just because someone gets "called out" on their lies and false pretenses, that does not make the action cruel.

Xenization
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2015, 8:13 am

Fnord wrote:
Waterfalls wrote:
Never mistake factual statements for cruelty. Just because someone gets "called out" on their lies and false pretenses, that does not make the action cruel.
[/quote]

You're both right in general, I think, but this was just a discussion that escalated into a name-calling contest.

Not cruel, not factual. Just immature.