Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

autisticmystic144
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Aug 2015, 4:47 pm

Hi, I'm an aspergers female, and I'm 36 years old, and I'd like to tell you all a bit about myself and my experience with aspergers. First thing that comes to mind is that it's interesting that this website is called wrong planet because when I was at primary school, throughout my primary school, I told everyone in the entire school that I was from another planet, and I maintained this story for sereral years. I then got sent to psychiatrists because they didn't know what to do with me because I didn't do any of the academic work what so ever. My first school report when I was 11 said that I had achieved nothing academically that year, (and every year before) but that I excelled at art. I was bullied at every school I went to, and I spent alot of time 'staring into space', which some people would call meditating, which is actually a good thing and many people seek to be able to have this skill and struggle with it, but for me, at the time, came naturally, however, the more I was forced to live in this world, the less I could be in meditation, and the more unhappy and disconnected I became. Yes sure I do have some benefits from learning to some extent to be able to connect with others and to some level blend it, but reality is, I will never blend in however much I try and I'm not meant to. I found that the more I tried to fit in, the less I was in the natural insightful meditation that I was born with, and I therefore lost myself in many ways, when the reason I wanted to connect to people more than anything was to share my gifts, so I feel like I've been in a catch 22 situation for all of my life, because I dont seem to be able to have two at the same time. I've never quite expressed my aspergers this way, but every now and again, I find a new way of seeing it, but I have so much more to say than this, and I'm really looking forward to sharing my thoughts about aspergers with people who really understand from the inside, to help myself and others gain insights into how to help people with aspergers become recognised and understood, and not stigmatised as I was, and to bring out the gifts in us all. :)

Xenization
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2015, 4:57 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet, autisticmystic144! We're happy to have you here.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2015, 5:35 pm

Hey autisticmystic144 welcome. :sunny:

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2015, 10:54 pm

welcome

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2015, 3:37 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

AceCadet
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Aug 2015, 5:57 pm

Welcome! Pull up a chair and make yourself at home!

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2015, 5:41 am

Welcome to WP AM :D

autisticmystic144
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Aug 2015, 6:18 pm

Thanks everyone :D

JoshuaVillani_1988
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Aug 2015, 7:32 am

Welcome!

Crazyfool
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Aug 2015, 7:51 am

Hey, welcome to WP! My theme for my firefox browser has a wallpaper that says "This world is not my home I'm just passing through, my treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue.." and couldn't be more true, how I feel.

I hope we can all help work together to help influence the future's role with aspergers so we can help shape a society that isn't critical or judgmental of people on the spectrum. I hope the next generation has it much easier and wont have to put up with the bulling and teasing as a lot of us did.

Nice to meet you hope to see you around the forums!