Asperger from Norway - got diagnosed this year

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Caduceus
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Aug 2015, 8:11 pm

Hello there. I'm a man in my soon to be mid thirties, that just got diagnosed with aspergers. I think I share the sentiment with many others getting diagnosed in their adult life, its a bitter sweet feeling. I am glad I am different from other people, and that I now know specifically there are things I can and cannot do, and I also have an entirely new outlook on life and the goals I want to achieve. At the same time I've struggled mightily in my life, and the experience has left me scarred, bitter and depressed. These days I have no capacity going throught with any plans.

I've signed up to this forum specifically because I want to get to know other people with autism, so if you're from Norway, give me a chime. I have little energy to be very elaborate these days, but a few words about me: I have a higher education, but when I was confronted with work life, that is to say, a 100% position, I crashed because of all the social aspects. I am very interested in writing and philosophy, and have been engaged on a high level with both areas of pursuit. Other than that, well, I'm a laidback guy that is fun to be around, I'm quite quirky and nerdy, and have a long history of things like role-playing. There have also been times when I've been training, but now, not so much.

These days, I'm trying to figure out what to do with my life. Honestly, I just want to move into the forest, because I've grown to detest society. But all this depends on my economic situation.

Hope to hear from you.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2015, 9:34 pm

Hey Caduceus welcome. :sunny:

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2015, 9:39 pm

Hiya from England

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2015, 11:48 pm

I would live in Norway and be your neighbor if I could.

Caduceus
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Aug 2015, 3:13 am

I would probably prefer you to ... nevermind. Why are you taking a liking to my country?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 3:19 am

Caduceus wrote:
I would probably prefer you to ... nevermind. Why are you taking a liking to my country?

didn't mean to embarrass you, I was speaking in general terms of the neighbor in the way of me just living in your country. :oops: but I have long liked that part of the world in terms of its ways of living and governance.

AceCadet
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Aug 2015, 7:45 am

Welcome to WrongPlanet! :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 2:25 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Abe1
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Aug 2015, 2:48 pm

Caduceus wrote:
Hello there. I'm a man in my soon to be mid thirties, that just got diagnosed with aspergers. I think I share the sentiment with many others getting diagnosed in their adult life, its a bitter sweet feeling. I am glad I am different from other people, and that I now know specifically there are things I can and cannot do, and I also have an entirely new outlook on life and the goals I want to achieve. At the same time I've struggled mightily in my life, and the experience has left me scarred, bitter and depressed. These days I have no capacity going throught with any plans.

I've signed up to this forum specifically because I want to get to know other people with autism, so if you're from Norway, give me a chime. I have little energy to be very elaborate these days, but a few words about me: I have a higher education, but when I was confronted with work life, that is to say, a 100% position, I crashed because of all the social aspects. I am very interested in writing and philosophy, and have been engaged on a high level with both areas of pursuit. Other than that, well, I'm a laidback guy that is fun to be around, I'm quite quirky and nerdy, and have a long history of things like role-playing. There have also been times when I've been training, but now, not so much.

These days, I'm trying to figure out what to do with my life. Honestly, I just want to move into the forest, because I've grown to detest society. But all this depends on my economic situation.

Hope to hear from you.

Hei og velkommen til "Wrong Planet", jeg er ikke fra Norge, men jeg har norske slektninger og lyst til å besøke din vakre landet. Jeg skal legge det til min bøtte liste.

Hello and welcome to the wrong planet, I am not from Norway but I have Norwegian relatives and would love to visit your beautiful country. I should add it to my bucket list.

I don’t speak a word of Norwegian (shame on me) and am entirely thankful to Google translate, so I hope it makes sense, and there are no rude words. I obsessed with sport, and follow the UK at the Summer Olympics but follow Norway at the Winter Olympics.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 9:32 am

Neighbourly greetings from Sweden. :)

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 10:33 am

Velkommen!

(I'm into linguistics, maybe you could teach me Norwegian :D )

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Sep 2015, 6:22 am

We have a number of members who hail from Norway and they are very pleasant!

Welcome and may you have a long and happy stay here on WP!

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/