Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 4:35 pm

happy for you.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 6:45 pm

Thank you for the update. You are an important part of this community.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2018, 6:00 pm

Since I have not posted in this thread in over a year just a quick rehash. I had half my tounge replaced then had to do it again around 3 years ago. All my teeth were removed. Been living on a diet of nutrition drinks and baby food.

Why I decided to write this update post is I got my dentures. Because of the after effects of the surgeries(smaller and misshaped mouth) I can only got upper dentures. It is suppised to make me look and eat better.

Rant/Vent
Having this thing in my mouth is a big adjustment. Adding autistic touch sensitivity, post surgeries sensitivities makes it that much harder. It is all experimentation for now. What adhesives to use, how to put the damn thing and the adhesives in an out etc. Fine motor issues are not a help. Right now I can’t eat with it. I will be returning to speech and swallow therapies hopefully that helps. Right now it stinks, but it does improve my looks.

I had a lung cancer scare that looks looks like it is a false alarm. Over the summer an anomaly appeared on a PET scan on my lung near my heart. As anybody who is a cancer survivor or knows someone who is understands constant fear of reoccurrence is just part of the deal especially if me you have already had a reoccurrence. Fortunatly on the last scan while still there it is greatly faded. So you are not getting rid of me and my unwoke opinions so fast.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2018, 9:10 pm

I don't have dentures, but every time I have been given a cast, splint, or orthotic for my weak leg, the instructions were to start with only a brief exposure the first day and slowly work your way up to full time. Maybe this could help with your sensitivities.

Thank you for the health update. I hope the spot on your lungs continues to look better.