Page 8 of 10 [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2016, 9:33 pm

Sounds like excellent news to me!

Always keep a positive attitude.

I am of the strong belief that a positive attitude promotes healing.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2016, 9:38 pm

Great news that your scans are clear.

Our thoughts will be with you while you take a break for your treatment. :D

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2016, 7:43 am

WOOT! WOOT! WOOT!

*happy dancing*

So glad you got good news on the scans.

Fingers crossed that the next part of the treatment will give you the results you want.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2016, 9:02 pm

Glad to hear your scans were clear and I wish you good luck with the chemo!

Love transcends all.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2016, 8:18 pm

The Treatments are underway as well as a leave of abscence of some sort from WP. I say some sort because I do not know how I will react as time goes on. I have 4-5 therapies and treatments per day now. No side effects as expected. The side effects are supposed to start in 2 weeks and grow worse until the end of treatments. The worst is likely to last 3 months after the end of therapies. The chemo was 2 1/2 hours of anti nausea drugs then 1/2 hour of the actual chemo drugs.

The decision to take a leave if absecence was informed by the Spoon Theory
It says that those ill or disabled have less natural energy and will burn out or use thier spoons quicker. I need to not spend my spoons on every special interest. The special interest that takes up most of my time is WP. The numorous software bugs here take up a lot of spoons. As a topic so close to me there are a lot of emotional spoons used.

I will answer personal messages and post health updates here. I might react to threads I recently posted in the next few days. I am thinking of posting Autism news stories of the week during the werkend when I am less busy.

Thanks again for your support.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 15 Apr 2016, 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2016, 9:46 pm

I will be thinking of you, whether you are active or on hiatus. Best of luck, my friend.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2016, 8:17 am

Yep...we'll be thinking of you, regardless of whether you post.

I can understand how it would be difficult to post under your treatments.

We know that you have WP on your mind, and care about WP, as we care about you.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2016, 12:09 pm

So glad the treatments are helping! It's going to be lonely around here without much of your input, but we all want you to conserve your energy.

The time will pass quickly!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2016, 12:30 pm

The radiation and chemo treatments are over. Considering the intensity of the treatments I did pretty well. That does not mean that there were not considerable effects. Before treatments I was making a lot of progress. I was able to take liquid via syringe and was in the beginning stages of beginning to talk. I have lost all taste and my mouth reswelled and closed up and thick secretions make me cough. Even though the treatments are over they are still working so improvement might not happen for a few weeks.

The staff at radiation gave a nice sendoff playing Kool and The Gang's "Celebration" on their computer and having me ring a "graduation" bell.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2016, 1:27 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
The radiation and chemo treatments are over. Considering the intensity of the treatments I did pretty well. That does not mean that there were not considerable effects. Before treatments I was making a lot of progress. I was able to take liquid via syringe and was in the beginning stages of beginning to talk. I have lost all taste and my mouth reswelled and closed up and thick secretions make me cough. Even though the treatments are over they are still working so improvement might not happen for a few weeks.

The staff at radiation gave a nice sendoff playing Kool and The Gang's "Celebration" on their computer and having me ring a "graduation" bell.

Despite some of the setbacks and bumps in the road, it seems that you did very well! Congratulations, and continued good luck on the path back to your own life.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2016, 2:21 pm

I'm glad to hear the treatments are over. I hope the effects subside quickly and you are able to regain the progress that you had already made towards recovery. Still thinking about you and praying for you. :heart:

B19
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2016, 4:09 pm

Thanks APOM, I am grateful for the update. What a journey you have made through this, it's been a privilege to receive these updates and the outcome delights us all.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2016, 6:22 am

Great news. Hoping you feel well soon.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2016, 8:16 am

Oh, I'm so glad to hear this. Blue skies and sunny days from now on!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2016, 5:56 am

LOL.....about that hiatus from WP you talked about.

You really DIDN'T take any hiatus at all!

Glad you're doing better, Sir.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2016, 11:14 am

I thought I was going to feel worse then I did. I found time such as sitting there during four hours during chemo, between 5AM feeding and 8:30 AM departure for radiation. My therapies ended during the treatments which freed up a lot of time.There were a few sections I dropped, and I stopped for the most part posting Autism news stories