How to deal with loneliness?

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2015, 2:22 pm

My mom is very paranoid over the idea of me having a girlfriend that my first girlfriend I dated behind her back, meaning in secret. This was from late 2011 until we broke up in Summer 2013.

My asexual sister does not want a boyfriend and expects me to do the same.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2015, 2:55 pm

izzeme wrote:
The friends are to learn how to speak to people, and becouse someone without friends is often rejected as a 'freak'.

8O

So you mean you actually value a girlfriend on how she talks, and how much? Personally, I'd never pick a girlfriend that cannot sit for 30 minutes and say absolutely nothing. I prefer to only talk when I have something substantial to say, and I expect a partner to be the same, otherwise I'd go nuts in no time.

izzeme wrote:
i tried to mention that this group didn't (have to) be the 'source' of the partner, but a "requirement" (of sorts, not 100%, but akin to a diploma for getting a job)

Well, if talking is like a job diploma, then I'd just pass on getting a partner. Luckily, this is only relevant for NTs, and I'll pass on those.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2015, 11:47 pm

I'm an escapist, I distract myself with all sorts of media, such as music, games, movies, this forum etc. Music especially, I can sink excess emotion infinitely into it. It keeps me sane. Leaves less time for me to think about the status quo. I've also accepted being alone as the norm to a certain degree as well. I'm not hunting for a relationship, if I meet someone who I really click with, then maybe, otherwise I just gloss over my eyes and move on. No point losing sleep thinking about pointless things and fantasizing about people who I'd never be happy with anyways.

My parents divorce has also made me a bit weary, I definitely don't want to screw it up and get divorced some day for the sake of any hypothetical children I might have one day.

LordRikerQ
Raven
Raven

29 Aug 2015, 9:37 pm

I wish i knew how to deal with lonliness myself, but all i can do is offer my support. I've been lonely all my life, sometimes there will be periods where it'll lessen, but it passes and it comes back. The best way I'd found is distraction, studying, playing video games, it helps to put yourself into another world where you have a better life.

Role-playing games are the best for this, ones where you can create your own character, and make it yours with personal touches. It helps a great deal when I can make a Knightly Hero and save the day, have maidens vying for my affection, its a great distraction.

Whatever you do, do not just sit and think about it, it can make you suicidal. I've had to fight to stay away from that pitfall many a times until i learned to just keep busy.

KayceeX
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Aug 2015, 9:44 pm

LordRikerQ wrote:
I wish i knew how to deal with lonliness myself, but all i can do is offer my support. I've been lonely all my life, sometimes there will be periods where it'll lessen, but it passes and it comes back. The best way I'd found is distraction, studying, playing video games, it helps to put yourself into another world where you have a better life.

Role-playing games are the best for this, ones where you can create your own character, and make it yours with personal touches. It helps a great deal when I can make a Knightly Hero and save the day, have maidens vying for my affection, its a great distraction.

Whatever you do, do not just sit and think about it, it can make you suicidal. I've had to fight to stay away from that pitfall many a times until i learned to just keep busy.

Perhaps devoting more effort to REAL LIFE than to imaginary characters in video game would result in REAL LIFE relationships!

LordRikerQ
Raven
Raven

29 Aug 2015, 11:25 pm

KayceeX wrote:
LordRikerQ wrote:

Perhaps devoting more effort to REAL LIFE than to imaginary characters in video game would result in REAL LIFE relationships!

I've devoted a great deal to real life, all without much social results to show for it. I've put completely myself "out there" for over ten years, and only have failed friendships and broken hearts to show for it.

Are you a troll? Serious question, many of your posts seem to be attacking people.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 2:56 am

LordRikerQ wrote:
KayceeX wrote:
LordRikerQ wrote:

I've devoted a great deal to real life, all without much social results to show for it. I've put completely myself "out there" for over ten years, and only have failed friendships and broken hearts to show for it.

Are you a troll? Serious question, many of your posts seem to be attacking people.

shes been wp's deidcated troll for the last year, banned and banned and banned but keeps making new accounts to keep attacking us aspie men

LordRikerQ
Raven
Raven

30 Aug 2015, 7:42 pm

sly279 wrote:
LordRikerQ wrote:
KayceeX wrote:
LordRikerQ wrote:

shes been wp's deidcated troll for the last year, banned and banned and banned but keeps making new accounts to keep attacking us aspie men

I suspected she has a serious hate for aspie guys. My best guess is shes been burned by men and now makes it her lifes mission to mercilessly attack aspie guys.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 8:13 pm

LordRikerQ wrote:
sly279 wrote:
LordRikerQ wrote:
KayceeX wrote:
LordRikerQ wrote:

I suspected she has a serious hate for aspie guys. My best guess is shes been burned by men and now makes it her lifes mission to mercilessly attack aspie guys.

her so called crappy ex was an aspie. i say so called because given her blind hatred who knows if he was so bad or she was bad and mad he left.

LordRikerQ
Raven
Raven

30 Aug 2015, 8:15 pm

sly279 wrote:
LordRikerQ wrote:
sly279 wrote:
LordRikerQ wrote:
KayceeX wrote:
LordRikerQ wrote:

her so called crappy ex was an aspie. i say so called because given her blind hatred who knows if he was so bad or she was bad and mad he left.

Given shes the type who to troll a board for aspies, blindly hating men, I'd say it was probably her who was the problem. Thats alot of effort to dedicate to trying to crush guys.