Demand cartoon diversity: Cartoon Network

Page 7 of 8 [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Soulsparrer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Oct 2016, 8:52 am

I haven't watched Cartoon Network since I was a teenager, and I like classic Loony Tunes better than almost any of the modern era cartoon shows. Only show I can say I still have fond memories of is the Batman/Superman animated series, so I honestly couldn't care myself - I find most cartoons (including "adult" cartoons like Family Guy) juvenile now.

(For example I liked the Pokemon animated show a little bit when I was a kid, but watching it now I realize that it's pretty terrible and almost devoid of any plot or sense at all, so I honestly can't see anyone still liking it as an adult except for nostalgia).

Soulsparrer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Oct 2016, 12:05 pm

Plus the "everything was better back in the good ol' days" often just seems to be a nostalgia bias anyway, older folks who grew up with cartoons like Bugs Bunny, Popeye, Tom and Jerry probably thought cartoons like Johnny Bravo, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Spongebob, etc were awful.

I personally watched a lot of those cartoons as a kid and I think they and pretty much every cartoon are pretty objectively "awful" by adult standards; if someone still likes them they're more than welcome to and nothing's "wrong with that", but they're meant to just be stimulation for pre-teens; they're not Citizen Kane or "high art".

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 5:38 pm

Cartoon Network seems to have a number of good shows, at least in Canada, but I can't f*****g stand Teen Titans Go. The Powerpuff Girls reboot is lame too.

Violetvee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jan 2017, 5:50 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Cartoon Network seems to have a number of good shows, at least in Canada, but I can't f*****g stand Teen Titans Go. The Powerpuff Girls reboot is lame too.

From what I can tell, Cartoon Network has good shows on all their networks except their main US station. Even the new Ben10 reboot has started airing in Europe and doesn't premier here until February. Although from the little of it that I've seen, that's no real loss. Maybe. I may have to really sit through and finish that frst episode...

Oh, and not to mention that they apparently lost the airing rights to the Pokemon anime. Not mad about it though, since I've no doubt that Disney'll treat it better than Cartoon Network has the last few years. They'll be advertising the hell out of it just like they did with Doraemon and Yokai Watch. And it won't be stuck in an early morning time slot on the weekends when kids probably aren't even up yet either.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 3:32 am

The Canadian version of Adult Swim is really, really lame. It's all reruns, and there's no anime. D:

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 3:53 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
The Canadian version of Adult Swim is really, really lame. It's all reruns, and there's no anime. D:

There was a time that YTV run anime on friday nights: Inuyasha, Gundam Seed, Witch Hunter Robin, .Hack//SIGN, Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist, Eureka Seven, Bleach, Death Note and so on.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2017, 1:29 am

Powerpuff Girls, Ed Edd and Eddy, Scooby Doo, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Johnnie Bravo, Tom and Jerry, Dexter's Lab, Fosters Home - these were the glory days, none of that garbage churned out now!

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 8:49 pm

DancingCorpse wrote:
Powerpuff Girls, Ed Edd and Eddy, Scooby Doo, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Johnnie Bravo, Tom and Jerry, Dexter's Lab, Fosters Home - these were the glory days, none of that garbage churned out now!

Ed Edd n Eddy was awesome, why can't we see more shows like it?