Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 12:50 am

I don't collect stamps and I'm proud of it. Any other non-stamp-collecting aspies here?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 12:57 am

postage stamps?

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 1:05 am

I get food stamps lol. But they are on a card.

I don't collect anything like that. I used to collect depression glass and now I collect a type of porcelain boxes. Also vintage clothing. I love that.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 4:14 am

Are you now? Or have you EVER been... involved with stamp collecting?

Don't actively collect stamps now. But if I were interrogated by the House Unamerican Activities Committee I would have to admit that I did collect them when I was a school kid.

But I never collected baseball cards. So can I brag about not collecting baseball cards?

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 4:33 am

I never collected stamps...

But, I did collect shells and had a very good collection which I ruined in jr. high for a science project. :( I miss it very much and don't have the money to get another collection that size or quality. :(

I also collected spoons (those tourist things), maps, and postcards. And I had a dead bug collection for a short while.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 7:16 am

I'm an avid non-stamp collector.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 7:24 am

...I collected coins when I was younger . however , they're long gone now :cry: .

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 10:18 am

I have a stamp collection.lol Some are old and from other countries.To be fair I inherited most of them when I was a kid from a relative that died.His dad was a Ham radio operator and got mail from people overseas he befriended.I don't actively collect any new ones.I have collections of other stuff,shells,coins,old money,old bottles,art,rocks,fossils,blue glass,marbles,some cool old vinyl,and antiques.
I was horrified lately to find that my 2001 A Space Odyssey soundtrack album is missing.I have no idea who took it or when but I'm pissed.I bought that when I was a kid and it was in perfect shape.Bet it was my ex.He has sticky fingers and even stole a pair of my shoes.ewwwww.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

31 Aug 2015, 5:18 am

I'm a rabid non-stamp collector. In fact, I won't stop until stamp collecting is eradicated. Stamp collecting is a total waste of time and it pains me to see people following all these pointless rules their whole lives. I've even heard that stamp collecting has led to wars, which is really silly.

I think Jesus was a good person, but if only he hadn't been a stamp collector...

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 6:16 am

Stamps are so yesterday, so of course I don't collect them.

I do however have a handy EBT card, sort of glad i missed out on the days when food assistance required one to actually collect obnoxious little stamps.

and to the OP, perhaps it would make more sense to just be glad/grateful you don't need 'food stamps'...not really much of an accomplishment unless you previously have collected them and have managed to get into a better position financially now through honest effort. But if you've never been on them, your parents never were on them it would be like a non-disabled person going out of their way to say how proud they are of not collecting disability.

there is just an air of irrelevance to this post....let me try.

I am proud I don't have to buy my kids hand me downs......by the way I don't have kids.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 6:44 am

if someone started carrying on about stamps when talking to me, i would like to tell them that i have had a lifetime obsession with stamps, and i have a very vast collection, and when they asked to see it, i would tell them that i forget where they all are because i am not really interested in them anyway.

that may make stamps more interesting, but otherwise they are useless bits of paper because i never send letters anyway.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 9:33 am

also, please clarify; do you mean to ask "Do I collect stamps?" or "do I collect not-stamps?".

iBlockhead
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Aug 2015, 11:06 am

I do not practice philately alone or with others.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 5:36 pm

iBlockhead wrote:
I do not practice philately alone or with others.

I not only perform philately... I do it on a live webcam!

Solo, and with others of both the same, and the opposite sex!

That, and mastication!

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

31 Aug 2015, 5:46 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
That, and mastication!

Didn't your mother teach you basic good manners? If you're going to masticate around others, you have to do it discreetly.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 5:53 pm

I'm not a stamp collector--but some of them are really cool!

I used to collect baseball cards on a small scale.

I also used to collect Archie comix.