Could a 16 year old be friends with a 12 year old???

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 5:22 pm

I'm 16, and an autistic male. I was so anxious in public school that now I have to go to a special ed school with only 4 boys. I can't seem to connect with them. I also made a friend in late May of this year, who was a 17 year old girl, but in part because of her perfectionism and her desire to go to Harvard, and in part because she's upset that her crush is moving away, she's become so engaged in her studies she doesn't even talk to her mom anymore, let alone me. However, I have hung out a few times with a 12 year old girl who goes to my Turkish cultural center, and I'm going to see her again this upcoming Eid. Our moms are friends, her brother is autistic (but low-functioning) so she kinda understands my challenges, and I'd say we really hit it off. Her family may even be coming to our house soon, which is what her mom said. My problem is, she's only 12 years old, and I don't get to see her that often (only at events at our Turkish cultural center and when we go over to each other's houses). If the answer to my question is no, could you at least give me advice on where else to look for a friend? If the answer is yes, could you give me advice on keeping in touch with her? btw she doesn't have a facebook or email, or phone.

Crazyfool
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Aug 2015, 6:28 pm

I don't really know how to answer your question, are you a male or female? If you're a male my concern and probably everyone elses would be that the two of you would start having a sexual relationship. If that did happen you better believe you'd piss a lot of people related to her off, even if it's not technically illegal at this point in time. That might sound ridiculous for a 12 year old but a lot people start having sex around that age....

Either way it would probably be seen as odd for someone 16 to hang out with a 12 year old, but to each his own. There probably isn't any big deal about it though as long as it's not an inappropriate relationship. I think since your parents and her parents are friends, it probably wouldn't bother them and if that's case I don't see why not. That's just my opinion though, maybe a parent on here could chime in...