Friends trying to set me up...

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 7:56 pm

Ok, this is going to get rather confusing but here we go. Last month I stopped with my friend for a slice of pizza after a days work with a friend. To my immediate bamboozlement the girl at the counter was my old neighbor - we've gone out a few times and I was mainly surprised because I almost never run into anybody in this manner, and because the last time I saw her was downtown (gulp...) whilst catching up with a friend's ex (not an aspie but quite informed/neurodiverse; she knows almost all the girls I do). I guess my tree-hugging appearances along with my programmer's habit of never taking myself seriously are more disarming than I had presumed, because my neighbor took ten minutes off to catch up, trade phone numbers and squeeze in more flirting than I normally would in a year. I responded in kind curtly across the table in my state science fair t shirt, not realizing (a: how much more work I have going on & (b: this girl was a part-time model who opted instead for an English degree. I guess the only conclusion on my part is I should keep a lookout for a fun concert both of us might enjoy, since I'm really not one to forget anybody. We share some tastes if not any neuroses. :oops: When we got back in the car my buddy was visibly jealous, something I've seen less of than women in their own right, as long as I've known any women. Good thing this one knows how busy I've been...

Anyways, now things get really strange; fast forward two weeks and my (guy) friend who makes pizzas for paychecks says his coworker is a single computer science major and he really should introduce us. Far be it from me to snub girls I've never met, I suppose that'll be happening sometime soon... :jester:

I hope you didn't think the explication was over, because I saved the important part for last. Or at least I'm pretty sure I did. The one girl I can efficiently understand and who understands me better than anybody else on the planet takes precedence. She's done a lot for me and there's no way I'm letting her feel forgotten... A friend of ours told me she's a "maneater" and rejected a lot of guys or some such cliche, but that's just hearsay to me. She's in college, for now, I'm in technology, it's easy to see why our friends would extrapolate a guy like me defaulting to getting rejected, but we're not thinking in those terms anymore. I caught with her last over new year's. We've been working & studying really hard in addition to placing a lot of turbulence in general behind everybody, and all the good sense in the world tells me she too often has had her anxieties misread, that I should give her breathing room and that I should come up with a good way to make her at home next time she's around, or do everything in one coder's power to properly get a message across. No matter what happens, there's a lot we can learn from each other. Oh, she also likes girls, so that makes two of us. Or three, I'm not exactly sure about my neighbor, and we're all from the same 2 suburban zipcodes anyway.

Thanks for reading everybody, I hope I've been comprehensible enough, even if my life hasn't. This is the one personal dilemma I've ever faced that was not swiftly resolved with marijuana and elbow grease.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 1:35 pm

Not here to bump my own thread (or however that works with the new forums) but I should probably add that I'll be somewhere nearby, since there's probably something here I should explain further.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 7:44 pm

Well good luck with that, I'll mail you a http://how-i-met-your-mother.wikia.com/wiki/The_Threeway_Belt if you succeed 8)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 7:50 pm

Sounds like a nice girl for you.

I would think it's a bummer that she likes girls.

I once fell in love with someone who liked girls sober, yet wanted guys when she was drunk.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 8:30 pm

Yeah, presuming I can keep my social life moving along regularly enough to keep in touch with her. I guess I was basically saying that doing otherwise wouldn't really be fair on my part. From what I can tell she's more comfortable around girls, though our report is mostly intellectual, which is more natural as far as I'm concerned so I wouldn't say I've ever found a girl threatening, even one who was very much more on the fence about guys, not to mention uninvolved with me.

I'm guessing my poly(?) friend is about equal with me in terms of shyness, although I'm probably the only full on aspie here...

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 8:33 pm

Feyokien wrote:
Well good luck with that, I'll mail you a http://how-i-met-your-mother.wikia.com/wiki/The_Threeway_Belt if you succeed 8)

I'm not even really thinking that quickly. I just want everyone to be able to chill more often and see what happens. I may be reasonably fit but I wouldn't be caught dead on tinder...

Lol thanks though I guess I'll try & rembrr that.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2015, 5:48 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Sounds like a nice girl for you.

I would think it's a bummer that she likes girls.

I once fell in love with someone who liked girls sober, yet wanted guys when she was drunk.

Yeah... we're acquainted as a result of lots of partying so things seem more open-ended from where I'm sitting. I'm (nearly) as mildly introverted as one guy can be...