Want to ask a woman out, but don't know if I should

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 11:19 pm

I thought I had finally given up dating for good. Too many rejections and ghostings, and I was tired of it all. And I've been doing well living my life. But there is a woman at my yoga class...the assistant instructor, who seems very nice yet quiet, and likable. I smile at her and say hello and ask how she's doing and say her name, but the opportunity for further conversation doesn't lend itself well, as class starts, and then when class ends, she's off to sign in other people.

I'd like to get to know her better. I'd really like to invite her to an opera performance I'm going to go see this month...I don't want to go alone, and would love the company, someone to share the experience with.

But I just don't know if I should bother. While I've gotten better at yoga, I'm by no means one of the best, and not nearly as good as her. So I feel slightly inferior already, and rather intimidated by the idea of even talking to her, let alone asking her out for an evening. And would it just be a terrible idea since I enjoy the class?

Should I try, or would I be better to resume my efforts to not attempt dating, given my past failures. Things have been going well without dating in my life, and am I better off not trying, and just focusing on my life? Or should I try and ask her?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 1:20 am

Definitely ask her.

Say you want to experience culture with a discerning person.

MissAnthropyV
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Aug 2015, 9:01 pm

I think it's fairly strange that you wish to ask this woman out on a date. You don't even know her. At this point, I assume this relationship is based purely on physical attraction, and how kind she seems when literally being paid to be personable and teach a class.
You know nothing about her.
Yes, that is what dating is for.

But don't you think it would be more reasonable to speak with her after the class and find out more, at the very least? What if she doesn't like opera? I mean, really think about it. How selfish of you.

Also.

Show ass girl.

antiyou
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Aug 2015, 9:05 pm

MissAnthropyV wrote:
I think it's fairly strange that you wish to ask this woman out on a date. You don't even know her. At this point, I assume this relationship is based purely on physical attraction, and how kind she seems when literally being paid to be personable and teach a class.

But don't you think it would be more reasonable to speak with her after the class and find out more, at the very least? What if she doesn't like opera? I mean, really think about it. How selfish of you.

Also.

Show ass girl.

Wow, I really enjoyed how you wrote this out. I like how you pointed out a few key points due to attraction then actually like someone for their personality and personal qualities they may or may not have. I think I am love with you at first post. Sorry I am being lame.

-antiyou

P.S. Show your ass girl.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 9:07 pm

MissAnthropyV wrote:

Also.

Show ass girl.

not selfish at all. she can always say no, and if she says she doesn't like opera, that's new info about her.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 9:12 pm

Of course he should TALK to her at least a little bit before asking her out...obviously.

I wouldn't "come right out with it."

But the only way to achieve romance is to "take the bull by the horns" (that most hated of Social Darwinist/Horatio Alger quotes).

Definitely ask her out....with grace. Say "Pardon me, I noticed that you like the finer things in life. There's an opera which I have tickets for--yet I'm tired of going to the opera alone. I would be honored if you would accompany me this time."

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 10:41 pm

MissAnthropyV wrote:

Also.

Show ass girl.

Fair enough. I knew it was a foolish thing for me to think, and I won't risk asking her. I'm just going to keep focusing on not attempting to date and just channeling my energies elsewhere.

And as an aside, do NOT accuse me of being selfish. I wanted to get to know this person better, that is all, and you have no right to judge me.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 11:09 pm

Brianruns10 wrote:
Fair enough. I knew it was a foolish thing for me to think, and I won't risk asking her. I'm just going to keep focusing on not attempting to date and just channeling my energies elsewhere.

And as an aside, do NOT accuse me of being selfish. I wanted to get to know this person better, that is all, and you have no right to judge me.

Some people here said that you should attemp, yet you only consider the one negative comment you got. I think you're afraid to ask her out and are now looking for excuses not to do it. Don't do that man.

Also what does "show ass girl" mean?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 11:12 pm

Hey Brian

MisAnthropy is obviously a drunk troll. Don't listen to her. At least have a conversation with the girl.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 12:49 am

shes made two accounts on the same day and is not talking to herself through them. this is new.

Basso53
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 11:53 am

Two sock puppets having a chat---how cute. Like Lambchop and Charley Horse. :D :lol:

You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2015, 7:15 pm

I had a nice conversation with the woman in my yoga class, but thanks to another class attendee interrupting our convo, I wasn't able to ask her to the opera. This was a week ago. Today in class she wasn't there, and the opera is coming up soon.

So I sent her a Facebook message. Terrible and lame I know, but it was all I could do. And I guess I'm lame. She hasn't responded, which doesn't surprise me. I'm sure she was mortified that I asked her out. I'm just hoping she'll pay me no mind in class.

Dating is such a humiliating process. I'm done with trying. It just won't happen. There's no one for me.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2015, 11:00 pm

Why would she be mortified. You're being so nice reasonable. How else can you ask a person out if she doesn't show up?

I don't think it's possible that that she doesn't do Facebook much . I don't do Facebook much.

Agemaki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Sep 2015, 11:31 pm

I think you should ask her out. She might say she isn't interested and if so then you can move on and ask someone else. But you won't know until you try. Keep your chin up and believe in yourself.

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2015, 8:24 pm

I heard back from her. She has a boyfriend. Of course. They ALL do. I'm a damned fool. I quit.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2015, 8:28 pm

On to the next girl, Sir.

It's true: most women do have boyfriends. But others don't

At least she wasn't "mortified" by you asking her out.