New 3DS launching on September 25th in NA, Isabelle for ALL!

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 4:59 pm

It's official the White New 3DS is landing in the U.S. on September 25th in as special bundle has pictured above.

The bundle includes:
*The White New 3DS system
*Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (digital download)
*Two face plates (Including the one pictured above)
*One Amiibo Card

$219.99

If that isn't your cup of tea Gamestop has announced a limited edition Hyrule Gold New 3DS XL for $199 (system only) launching on October 30th exclusively to Gamestop.

No word on the Black New 3DS as of yet

So any complainers going to finally put their money where their mouth is?

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 5:31 pm

Better image.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 7:50 am

xenocity wrote:
So any complainers going to finally put their money where their mouth is?

Yes.

I was almost ready to give up hope, but I figured if they were going to release it, it would be in time for the holidays.

Their very recent price drop on the 2DS seemed like a sign, also.

I'm so giddy, but also kind of upset that now I have to spend too much money to order the glow-in-the-dark Boo faceplate set =P

Although, I suppose if I were more patient I could just wait to see which plates come out over here... @_@

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 7:50 am

i knew this was going to happen as soon as i got my *new* 3ds xl.
i was trying to wait because i wanted the smaller model, but i "caved" and got the only one available just last week.

i don't really have too much patience when it comes to new Nintendo games and systems. i want them right away.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 9:44 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
...kind of upset that now I have to spend too much money to order the glow-in-the-dark Boo faceplate set =P

Oh gosh, no, nevermind. The last time I checked, I thought $30 was too expensive... @_@

AdamAutistic wrote:

There's still time to return it, unless you already transferred all of your stuff over and sold your old 3DS...

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2015, 9:23 pm

AdamAutistic wrote:
i was trying to wait because i wanted the smaller model, but i "caved" and got the only one available just last week.

i don't really have too much patience when it comes to new Nintendo games and systems. i want them right away.

So that's why they finally released it :P

If it was the black system, I'd be really screwed 8O

Anyways you all should feel free to follow me @NXenocity on twitter if you want to talk games and tech ;-)

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2015, 9:41 pm

xenocity wrote:

yes! happens to me all the time.

it is even worse when an actual successor is announced though:

like i got the DSi, then the 3DS was immediately announced.
and even earlier with the gameboy advance SP, and the DS was immediately announced.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2015, 10:35 pm

Just there teasing me. I quite like Isabelle, got a plushy recently and pre-ordered a Isabelle Amiibo, a character all about being suportive. Although I already got a New 3DS. That Zelda one looks cool too.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2015, 8:17 am

AdamAutistic wrote:
and even earlier with the gameboy advance SP, and the DS was immediately announced.

Yeah, but if it's the late model SP with the backlit screen, GBA games look a lot better than on the DS.

Plus, DS can't run GB/GBC games, and has no link cable port.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2015, 5:12 pm

AdamAutistic wrote:
xenocity wrote:

yes! happens to me all the time.

it is even worse when an actual successor is announced though:

like i got the DSi, then the 3DS was immediately announced.

To be far both 3DS and DS were heavily leaked months ahead of time.

DS was rushed out to beat the impending PSP to market.

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2015, 8:55 pm

I've got a 3DS already that works great; but plan on buying Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer with the NFC reader.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2015, 7:39 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Oh gosh, no, nevermind. The last time I checked, I thought $30 was too expensive... @_@

<-- I decided to order this little feller instead, 041 B) Though he doesn't glow in the dark =|

Maybe 050 will come out later in the States? I'll keep my fingers crossed.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 3:10 am

Bought it today B) I like it a lot, it's awesome, they even changed it so it doesn't have that loud "click" when you open it. The pixel density isn't quite as crisp as the original 3DS, but still looks a ton better than the XL. Camera is way brighter, actually useful now. Volume slider doesn't move around unless you want it to, it's stiffer and also has a "click" for "off", like the 3D slider. Super stable 3D is a tiny bit glitchy, but nice, although it doesn't 100% fix ghosting. Power button isn't very easy to press, so accidental presses hopefully won't be an issue. Automatic screen brightness is nice, although I did find myself wanting it a tad bit brighter (probably out of habit). Web browser seems way better, although I didn't get to spend much time with it yet.

The cover plates are cool, but I hope they don't come out with too many nice ones, I could see myself wasting a lot of money on them =| The plastic doesn't feel cheap, and the outside of it actually has a soft-feeling texture to it, matte finish so it's not a fingerprint magnet. Wiimotes released after launch used this cheap plastic with a gritty-feeling texture that really irked my sensories, I didn't like touching them at all, but these faceplates feel nice. I know it's a little off-topic, but being an Autism forum, I thought I'd mention it. It is a little difficult to remove the plates though, I'm kind of afraid if I switch them out too much, I'll risk bending them or breaking off the tabs.

I need to get used to holding it, though. I still find myself putting my index fingers in front of the hinges, which I have to do with the heavy XL to keep it from crashing into my face when I recline with it.

Finishing up the system transfer right now. Going to play with it some more real soon B)

Also, a little FYI, the included game comes on a card as a code. Which is cool, because I planned on giving it away, since home design is one aspect of the AC games that I always neglect (would have preferred it on a cart, though, ehhhh).

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 4:54 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:

Also, a little FYI, the included game comes on a card as a code. Which is cool, because I planned on giving it away, since home design is one aspect of the AC games that I always neglect (would have preferred it on a cart, though, ehhhh).

Did you give it away?
I'd be willing to offer you something for it.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 11:22 pm

Yeah, it's already claimed, the GF wants it.

So I guess at least I can still give it a try? But I doubt I'd care much for it.