Physical and NonPhysical traits that your SO should have.

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 8:56 pm

I know we would encounter a lot of exceptions IRL, we still have some specific ideal physical and non-physical traits that we wish our Significant Other would have. What's yours? Having some threads on this same subject already, still times have passed, so new users came here and old users' views could be changed as well. I want to know what would current users here wish to see in their ideal SO physically and non-physically.

For me,
Non-physical : He doesn't give up. He has insight, wisdom. He finds appreciation in small things.
Physical : He's clean. He has man's bone structure.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 9:01 pm

I don't give up too often. I hope I have insight and wisdom. I appreciate the "small things."

I look like a fairly good-looking man of about 50. If I didn't have gray hair, I'd look more like 40.

I would say there are a fair amount of men with some or most of these qualities.

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 9:34 pm

me wrote:
Non-physical : He doesn't give up. He has insight, wisdom. He finds appreciation in small things.
I know "insight,wisdom,endurance,appreciation" are not that simple things many men can easily get. So they're big deal for me. I'm asking what are on your list..just from pure curiosity :)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 9:37 pm

I'd like a woman with many of those same qualities.

Except I would want her to have a woman's bone structure.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 10:21 pm

Drawyer wrote:
For me,

If I have neither of these, does that mean you can never love me? :twisted: :twisted:

Non-physical: It would be good if her thought process was similar to mine, but that's not a must. It might be enriching to have someone different... hmmm...
Talks less than average woman, accepting of my quirks, isn't prone to drama, doesn't believe in the media depicition of the perfect life, knows to save money, affectionate (likes to play affection ping-pong from time to time), a little bit generous, has some overlay in interests with me (some common, some exclusive; optional: she is not overly averse to philosophical talk and likes to talk about paintings in art galleries), wants sex with me (very important :) ), has respect for my opinions, has own opinions, lets me know if I talk BS
Physical: Similar height, similar weight, looks female, basic hygiene (shower every other day and deal), basic health, basic style (just comb your hair and don't wear pajamas in the mall and you're good)

Close to 0% of the population fit this, so I will need to make tradeoffs. Except with money-spending, acceptance, affection, interest-overlay, basic health and wanting sex with me.
I'm far less interested in a girl who has great deficits in any of those. :D

By the way, thinking this through really shows how many variables there are to consider. Must be difficult even for NTs. 8O Oh boy... :)
Also, I kinda just sit around these days, so my prospects of attracting any woman aren't that great right now. Need to do something about that. :|

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 11:08 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'd like a woman with many of those same qualities.

Except I would want her to have a woman's bone structure.

:lmao: I'm dying

I only have a few conditions of what I'd want in a partner

Physical: Be in relatively okay shape, I like to do things and go places, offroad sometimes so I'd hope they could come to.
Mental: Love me for what I actually am, not the idea of me and also have an understanding of my subtleties. Also someone who thinks for them self.

Having a good taste in music imao wouldn't be bad either :P

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 12:20 am

Physical: Real boobs and vagina

Sorry trans, I'm a bigoted jerk.

Non-physical: Honesty, loyalty, caring, rational, can amuse herself, and doesn't mind gunz being around the place (it's fine if you don't like 'em)

My "ideal" and "needed" are pretty much the same thing. Makes it simple, I guess.

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 1:32 am

Earthling wrote:
If I have neither of these, does that mean you can never love me? :twisted: :twisted:
(First, I know you're joking, but I still wanted to respond your joking =))
No, I could love any man..haha if I click with him, even if I see problems upcoming...

Astro77
Raven
Raven

01 Sep 2015, 2:00 am

Non-physical: Patient, understanding, drug free, average or higher libido, homebody, likes video games and/or anime.

Physical: Not bone thin or majorly obese. Cute face. No major piercings or tattoos.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 2:30 am

Non physical: likes metal music and various rock, so we can enjoy music together, enjoys just hanging out together even if we're not doing something supper exciting, likes camping/exploring the outdoors, smokes cannabis(would be kind of weird to be sitting there with a boyfriend and smoke while they just watch and hope the smoke doesn't take too long to dissipate, or I'd feel the need to go off alone to do it wouldn't be fun for either), Is kind and caring, intresting/comfortable to talk to and can have one of those deep philosophical conversations about the origin of cats or something, good sense of humour, likes cats and dogs....and I'll stop there.

Physical: That is a hard one....I think to be entirely honest when it comes to a person I am dating I actually kind of like if they're a little bigger not super skinny like me because then they are better to cuddle with. I like long hair or at least an unconventional kind of style of hair, general metal attire, IDK as you can see I don't have a lot of super specific physical traits I strive for. I am currently dating this guy a bit taller than me, is a bit heavier so of course there is that cuddling benefit, has kind of a mohawk thing going on not like a big spiky one its pretty subtle, reddish hair and a viking looking beard and I think he's attractive. I also think the last guy I tried dating was attractive but he was skinny, tall and had medium length hair but yeah that one did not work out.

maglevsky
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Sep 2015, 3:04 am

Well if I were to ever re-enter the "market", my number one thing I would look for is: an actual adult.
As in, someone who makes their own choices and deals with the consequences, whatever they may turn out to be.
And who expects the same from me.
No more kids in adult bodies for me.

(and yes, I know that many NTs see me as "childlike" in some ways, and I sort-of understand why to some degree, but hey, that's their perspective and this is mine)

Physical: female and at least somewhat feminine. There's many ways to get those hormones flowing :P

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 3:11 am

non-physical kind, caring, doesn't mind me needing alone time

physical between 6'0 and 6'4, between 160 and 190 pounds, born female

yeah, i know, the physical bit is hard to find, but you asked for "ideal", just being an average 5'10 is tall enough

Vomelche
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 11:52 am

intelligent, kind, takes care of herself

(not really should have, more of and ideal)

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2015, 1:41 am

Vomelche wrote:
(not really should have, more of and ideal)
You mean you don't want to tell the physical traits of your ideal partner, as they are more of ideal. Did I translate properly? =)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2015, 6:22 am

OP, the having a "Man's bone structure" (or woman) is a vague term that may include many things from subjective perspective of what constitutes a "man's bone structure" - I bet you are thinking height, stature, width of shoulders, jaws...etc.

What do you mean exactly by a man's "bone structure"?

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2015, 7:03 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
What do you mean exactly by a man's "bone structure"?
Thanks for asking. I don't know how exactly I can tell but I'll try..Man's bone structure is wider, thicker, more angular, and has harsher lines regardless height, muscles than woman's. For instance 160cm stocky man still has man's bone structure and a 160cm thin nerdy man still has man's bone structure if their knee/elbow bones are more thicker and angular than mine. That being said, I can tell that most men have man's bone structure. :D