If you had an ex what did you both do just before splitting?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2015, 8:37 am

In terms of films, last one we happened to watch was http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1455151 - then, as some sort of coping mechanism I just indulged in http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108847 - back then I didn't even watch series often (college had just ended as well)... during the week after announcing the departure I ended up watching a lot of https://www.youtube.com/user/AVbyte too. None of these hold any special significance to me objectively, but the mind always works with associations (and those are especially powerful after a break-up, with the smallest of things serving as a reminder).

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2015, 10:43 am

When I split up with my first ex, it was my birthday and I went out with my family and my boyfriend never came back like he said he would, he never even called me either and he did come back while I was gone to get his stuff and I had also realized that day how much happier I was without him so I decided to break up with him. The happy memory I ca have here is my 21st birthday when he forgot it and that was the straw that broke the camels back.

With my second ex, nothing really. We were split apart because he got evicted from his apartment and I didn't want to live with his parents where he was going to be staying with so I went to my aunt and uncles and he went to his folks. He did the silent treatment finally and my mom told me he had moved on so I did the best thing by moving on so he lost his power. I took that away by moving on and stopped being stressed out about it and I no longer felt trapped in a relationship I wanted out of. I felt a thousand times lighter because that was how much anxiety had been removed from me. But my mom may have told me that he had moved on just to get me away from him and it worked. I'd say this is the best revenge ever because he was abusive. But sadly I don't have good memories about the break up because there are triggers and flashbacks I will get.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2015, 11:00 am

"I love you," proclaims Dill

"... .," proclaims the one who moved on

Same thing happened with my father when he left too (actually, I recall that I called him up several months later and kinda went crazy because he was speaking lies about my mother, but that's beside the point, and beside this thread).

Those feelz man [at the time].

Just phantom limb pain now.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Sep 2015, 12:52 am

With my 1st girlfriend we were having a disagreement & decided to break up but remain friends which didn't work out partly cuz of my anxiety issues acting up.

With my 2nd girlfriend I messaged her after giving her space for a week to focus on school stuff only to find out she was breaking up with me & i begged her not to.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2015, 7:56 pm

My last two girlfriends started getting bitchy (over trivial things), started distancing themselves (spending less time around me, not honoring commitments, changing plans at the last minute, etc.), and started doing the whole "I'll do as I please" thing (totally disrespectful things, that a partner shouldn't be doing). It was almost like this was a passive-aggressive way to try to get me to break up with them.

Not once did they ever do the honorable thing, and discuss the relationship, try to work things out, or even tell me straight up, that they wanted to break up with me. Being alone sucks, but it's better than being with selfish and inconsiderate women like them.

Crazyfool
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Sep 2015, 8:28 pm

My last girlfriend, if that's what you want to call her wanted way too much from me. I don't mean material things or money or anything like that. She was just WAY too clingy, when we weren't together she would be txting me non-stop and if I didn't respond with in 10 minutes she went into freak out mode and got all dramatic saying I don't love her or I'm mad at her for no reason, when really I just needed some damn room to breathe.

One day I was at work and left my cell phone at home and it died due to her txting and calling non stop, I never bothered to charge it when I got back and with in 1 hour of me getting home she shows up to my door uninvited and hysterical thinking I was cheating on her.....

That was it I told her I needed some space and felt suffocated by her. She took that as we're still in a relationship but we just see eachother every other hour rather then around the clock...I had to literally tell her there is no more us, this relationship is over! for her to finally get the point. Then she would drive past my house 10+ times a day, probably checking to see if I had another women over.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2015, 9:34 pm

Irregardless of the fact that I was the best boyfriend she had ever had, and that, being the type of girl who was always stepped on or used by males in the past, I was the first good boyfriend she ever had; I made her realize she isn't ready for one, and doesn't need one in her life right now but needs her mother more than anything else. She had also just lost her feelings for me and only wanted to be friends.

It seems I'm not the only one whose relationship end was not their responsibility/beyond their control.

What does everyone here think about this question: Would you prefer for a relationship to end because of something that was your fault, the other person's fault, or outside forces you both could not control?

Surprisingly I'd prefer relationships to end if it was my own fault, if I did something wrong, etc. At least than you can learn from your mistakes.

If it's because of forces you cannot control, that's okay too. Life sometimes does this and it's understandable. It ends up being a sad thing for both parties at least.

I don't know, best ending to a relationship is where both equally suffer, or at least feel equally okay with going their separate ways. No hard feelings...

I was just plain upset then frustrated with my breakup.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2015, 10:22 pm

Outrider wrote:
Irregardless of the fact that I was the best boyfriend she had ever had, and that, being the type of girl who was always stepped on or used by males in the past, I was the first good boyfriend she ever had; I made her realize she isn't ready for one, and doesn't need one in her life right now but needs her mother more than anything else. She had also just lost her feelings for me and only wanted to be friends.

It seems I'm not the only one whose relationship end was not their responsibility/beyond their control.

What does everyone here think about this question: Would you prefer for a relationship to end because of something that was your fault, the other person's fault, or outside forces you both could not control?

Surprisingly I'd prefer relationships to end if it was my own fault, if I did something wrong, etc. At least than you can learn from your mistakes.

If it's because of forces you cannot control, that's okay too. Life sometimes does this and it's understandable. It ends up being a sad thing for both parties at least.

I don't know, best ending to a relationship is where both equally suffer, or at least feel equally okay with going their separate ways. No hard feelings...

I was just plain upset then frustrated with my breakup.

Hi there Outrider. Is she the gf you said you got together with 2 weeks ago, or a previous one? I hope it's not her.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2015, 4:26 pm

I told her I was breaking up with her not only because family issues were getting in the way, but because she was being very clingy and I needed time to attend to the family issues.