Who likes to pace while listening to music or even w/o music

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2015, 3:57 pm

I do this a lot. Often there is a subject I want to think about and I find getting up and moving helps with the thinking. If I'm holding nothing, like usually where I don't have access to music, I might wring my hands. I like to play the same song over and over again or same scene over and over again and sometimes I can get to a weird dance-like thing where my movements are largely incoherent.

Typically, I find that I get a better workout when music is available.

I find this activity to be a major stress reliever. It seems, also, to help me sleep better at night, perhaps because of the physical exertion.

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2015, 5:03 pm

I always have music playing in my head, like permanently playing, and very repetitive per day or per a couple days or some for some days and changing, but also music which I remember from age four, which does not exsist but only in my head, but also music I hear on the radio and I like, which is why the psychologist and psychiatrist want to put me on Abilify, because it disturbes my functioning. I have a hard time forming thoughts, which "guide" me, like executive function, and they say, the music in my head is a part of it.
I do pace the most when I have to wait like for the train or at a red light, not so much at home, but I have stairs from zero level to first floor and I run them like many times a day.
My friend (when he was former housemate but not anymore) wanted to count it one day but stopped at around 11am to count, as he said 30 times (I guess he meant 15 down and 15 up).

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

Astro77
Raven
Raven

05 Sep 2015, 5:33 pm

I pace a lot when I hAve something on my mind. I've learned to put it to good use by going for long walks and getting some exercise and fresh air. If I do listen to music then it's usually the same song on repeat.