Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Crazyfool
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Sep 2015, 4:30 am

Ok I've been seeing different shrinks throughout most of my teen and adult life. I've had quite a few different (inaccurate) diagnosis' thrown my way too. Some include: Histrionic Personality Disorder, Bi-polar, panick disorder, GAD, SAD, and just recently my primary doctor told me I've developed agorphobia, which I agree with.

I had seen a newer psychiatrist and I thought he wrote off the personality disorder and the bipolar disorder. I spoke to him about having HFA and how I believe it's' the core of my troubling symptoms. I think he took me seriously but I don't believe I ever got a formal diagnosis, that would require some form of test to be taken, corrrect?

The shrink I was seeing before this new one kept prescribing me anti-psychotics and mood stabalizers. Some of the ones I was on were: Depakote, Lithium, Risperidal, Zyprexa, Seroquel...and those are only the ones I can remember. I was on 6 different meds at one time from him. I dropped him like a bad habit after he wouldn't let me try a benzo instead of all these harsh antipsychotics.

Now this new shrink I thought was hearing my concerns and tried some new meds I have not been on before. Remeron for sleep and anxiety, Gabapentin for nerve pain, and the new one lamictal for what I was told was for anxiety. But the more I look into the Lamictal I find it's mainly used as an anti-convulsant and a mood-stabilizer....which brings me to my point. If they agreed that I am not bi-polar then why do I keep getting put on mood stabilizers and anti-psychotics.

Is it normal for someone with anxiety and depression to be so heavily medicated like this?