Page 47 of 73 [ 1159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 73  Next

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 6:30 pm

I can't lie.

That's all I could think of to post in the "blatant lie" forum, but that would have cause a whole bunch of problems...so I'm glad someone started this thread too :D

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 9:46 am

This funny weather is giving me a funny pressure in my head. I can't wait for the sun to come out so I feel better.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 1:56 pm

The sun is out now and I do feel a lot better.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 7:28 pm

I am in L-O-V-E with Balthazar Bratt.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

RikMayall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Sep 2017, 7:30 pm

To be autistic is to be outside.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 9:10 am

Two Major Championships each for Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal-wow!
Denis Istomin beats Djokovic at AO 2017-wow!
Denis Shapovalov, a Canadian teenager, makes the fourth round at the U.S. Open-wow!
What a tennis year it has been!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 11:49 am

I wish Walmart would become more autism-friendly, but they're too just too eeevil to care about such things (although there were a couple of cases when individuals working were kind to me when I suffered a meltdown a few years ago). And yet now they're charging five cents for every plastic bag used and want everyone to uses their reusable bags instead. Since when do they care about the environment? They must be trying to just make more money. And since the plastic bags can be recycled, why does it matter so much?

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 1:01 pm

If Pinocchio, who is possibly the world's most famous fictional liar, had a nose that grew whenever he lied, how come it didn't grow while he had a job as an actor, since acting is basically professional lying?

This was a question someone asked in a YouTube video. But I gave it some thought and decided that most people (except maybe a few fundamental religious types) don't see acting as lying since it's only for entertainment and they know it isn't real, like writing fictional stories or playing make-believe. And in the Disney version Pinocchio only sang about not having any strings, which was true enough. If he were a politician however, it would be completely different and the whole country would be able to hang their laundry on his nose. :lol:

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 6:17 pm

When people make a lot of logical errors in their thinking, they can also have trouble understanding how to use logic to prevent those kinds of errors.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 9:10 am

Many common names for illnesses are inaccurate and if doctors had their way everyone would probably be calling them by their more scientific names instead.

For example:

Chickenpox, (varicella) as I've mentioned before, is not caused by chickens, nor can chickens get it.

Colds (rhinoviruses) are not really caused by being too cold, even if they're more common during cold weather.

Stomach flu (gastroenteritis) is not really the flu at all, as in influenza.

German measles (rubella) is something you don't have to be German to catch.

NightEclipse
Raven
Raven

25 Sep 2017, 12:56 am

I would love to learn to speak Latin fluently.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 1:09 am

I want to be in Japan so much right now.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 12:46 pm

Conjoined twins were once commonly called Siamese twins because the first conjoined twins recorded in history lived in Siam. But twins can be conjoined and not be from Siam - or Thailand as it's now called - and people in Thailand can be twins but not be conjoined.

The conjoined twin brothers from Siam traveled with a circus for many years, where their fame and the rarity of the condition coined the term Siamese twins for anyone born that way. In modern times they could have been separated easily.

Last edited by lostonearth35 on 26 Sep 2017, 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 12:49 pm

I really want to travel to Germany someday, because it is my favorite country.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 26, 2017)

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 1:02 pm

I'd like to travel to another country as well, but in order to do so I'd have to get one of those terrors called a plane. 8O
I was once told by the doctor I could take some kind of tranquilizer that would make me have no memory of the flight, but that scared me, too. And when I suffered an anxiety attack while on a ferry boat to PEI, it was obvious I was not going to handle being on a plane.

And other countries might have cultures where what's perfectly okay here might be seen rude and offensive. Of course I've read and learned much about them but I might forget and mess up. In the US they want tips for every kind of service imaginable but it's not as big of a deal in Canada. When my mother and my aunt went to NYC a few years ago they were chased by a big burly guy after they were done eating at a pizza place because they didn't leave him big enough of a tip! I heard in some other countries they think it's very rude to offer tips.

My mother said she'd like to take me to NYC, but we'll have to drive there, which would take a few days. I think if anything the shopping would be great, but I heard everything there is insanely expensive.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 2:22 pm

Today is the first day of the new academic year at my college! :D