Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2015, 11:29 pm

Feyokien wrote:
xenocity wrote:
Feyokien wrote:
I'd say Xbox is a good place to start a kid off with gaming, it's where I started when I was 14. Easiest controller to master.

This not true on any level.
The Xbox controller has just as many buttons and sticks as the Dual Shock controllers (PS) and Wii U controllers.
Hell only the Xbox Elite controller and Steam controller have more buttons.

I always thought dual shock controllers felt weird in my hands personally. Their shape was odd, it's a bit better now with the Dual shock 4 controllers. The last Nintendo controller I've liked was for the gamecube, I do sort of like the new gamepad one they came out with for the Wii/Wii U that basically resembles the gamecube controller though. I've always felt I had the most control with the xbox controller, and that's not just nostalgic bias, I played PS2 and the Wii long before I had a 360.

Yeah I'd say either get him an Xbox one or a Wii U.

Dual Shock controllers problem is the sticks are below the buttons and D-Pad, which makes it hard to hold for many.
PS3 suffered from a curve near the triggers, which made it hurt for long play sessions.
Gamecube Controller was made to ergonomic but was hated by many for it's shape and size.
Wii Remote and Nunchuck I can use for hours on end without any trouble (one of my personal favorites).
Classic Controllers (Wii) modeled are based on the Dual Shock controllers.
The Wii U two controllers are based on the 360 design after 3rd parties gave Nintendo a headache.
The gamepad is good for many games, just not the best for Smash, Bayonetta, and some Racing games due to the size and button mapping (you cannot use it with Wii).
The Wii U pro controller is good for many games and easily fits one's hands, the best dual analog controller I have used tied with the Gamepad.

I haven't used the Xbox One controller that Microsoft spent $100 Million building.

I do want to play with a Steam controller, I might actually buy one.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 7:15 am

The way PlayStation presents trophies instead of just achievements in a cooler fashion.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 8:40 am

Would it be possible to let your son choose for you? Does he have friends that have consoles that he can play with? You could also consider going a generation or two back from current gen. That way you could buy him more games. You could buy him a big stack of games. If he's been begging for years, surely he must have some idea what he wants out of it? I was playing games at the age of 4. Give him the choice. Choose for him if he can't decide.