Page 10 of 12 [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Rebecca5
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Nov 2015, 1:33 pm

How do you find friends that don't use you or pity you?

And how do you work out what they are feeling about you? if they like you or not for example

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 1:48 pm

I don't really know. :? I seem to be magnetic and attract nice people to me. I honestly don't know how to answer your questions. I'm sorry. :(

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

probly.an.aspie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 5:33 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
My Philosophy teacher has Lyme's Disease. Sometimes he doesn't show up at school because he isn't feeling well, but most of the time he makes it there. What does HFA stand for?
I know how you feel about that loneliness and pain, because I've felt it too. Does it sometimes seem to you like you are in a dark pit and can't quite figure out how to get out? It's like that for me sometimes.

Yeah, i can identify with the dark pit feeling. I had it very badly a few yrs ago when i had a breakdown. Months of that feeling, actually. I specifically remember when i had my first happy feeling, months later as i was recovering. I could not believe that it was still possible to feel happy. Now the dark pit feeling is less deep but it is like it is lurking around a corner waiting for me.

I also can identify with you and Earthling on wanting to be alone when i am with ppl. But yet i get lonely. Weird. Sometimes i think "no wonder i feel i am not friendship material." :P I think it is because ppl take so much out of me, even when i am enjoying myself. I get very tired and edgy quickly in a lot of social settings unless it is one or 2 ppl.

I think finding the good ppl is waiting for them to come along. There are no hard and fast rules to it that i have come up with. (And i am the queen of categorizing stuff. :) ) Sometimes it is a long dry spell, but then there are gems that come along.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 9:34 pm

For me, I enjoy other's prescense, but still feel lonely, even if I'm not alone.

I don't feel 'edgy' or 'agitated', just frustrated I have no one or barely anyone to talk to, even I dp have a group o great friends to hang out with.

That 'dark pit' feeling? I use to feel that, but I've overcome it in recent years and no longer feel it.

But really, life doesn't instantly always get better or even happier as soon as you get out of the dark pit. Think of it this way - self-improvement certainly gives you more reasons to be happy, but you'll never truly be happy unless you can find reasons.

Nocturnus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Nov 2015, 12:20 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
I've made up two spiritual...isms that I call Hiroism and Etainism. Hiroism is about my personal ethnics, morality, pacifistism, and what I believe is a good definition of a true hero ['a hero is someone who does the right thing/helps or saves people even though he or she might be scared or fighting a loosing battle']. Etainism is all about my spiritual beliefs, mythology, the supernatural, Wiccan stuff, Celtic stuff, Shintoism, and good stuff like that. I actually got the name for Etainism from the French side of a chocolate fountain machine, of all things [Fountaine], and I played around with the word until I made one that I liked.

Please teach me the sacred ways, oh, guardian of the light. May the blessings of the French chocolate fountain be bestowed upon me. :heart:

Hiroism, it sounds so samurai, where do I sign up? 8)

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 2:01 am

Im lonely, I am very lonely, I have nobody to hug or hug me back and it sucks bad.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 2:21 am

Nocturnus wrote:
Kuraudo777 wrote:
I've made up two spiritual...isms that I call Hiroism and Etainism. Hiroism is about my personal ethnics, morality, pacifistism, and what I believe is a good definition of a true hero ['a hero is someone who does the right thing/helps or saves people even though he or she might be scared or fighting a loosing battle']. Etainism is all about my spiritual beliefs, mythology, the supernatural, Wiccan stuff, Celtic stuff, Shintoism, and good stuff like that. I actually got the name for Etainism from the French side of a chocolate fountain machine, of all things [Fountaine], and I played around with the word until I made one that I liked.

Please teach me the sacred ways, oh, guardian of the light. May the blessings of the French chocolate fountain be bestowed upon me. :heart:

Hiroism, it sounds so samurai, where do I sign up? 8)

Kuraudo777, would you say Hiroism is more of a philosophy than a 'spiritism'?

It sounds to me like Hiroism is a philosophical mindset/way to live, while Etainism is more of a spiritual/religious belief system.

And, it's an interesting idea tbh. What are some traits/aspects of Hiroism then? Hiroism might relate to my own subjective morality and code of honor. Maybe.

I have my own subjective beliefs/morals/thoughts, but objectively I am an existentialist and don't believe in morals (as in, subjectively, personally, I believe in right and wrong, but objectively I believe there is no right or wrong, just different beliefs).

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 9:43 am

Um, you don't have to sign up or anything. You can just think about it and see if you agree or not.
The word hiro is obviously from the English word hero, but hiro in Japanese means hero as well as 'flight' or 'flying'. Hiroism is basically an obligatory moral system based on how I see the world and my own sense of what is good [that is, kindness and love and compassion/empathy are undeniably good things that humans should strive towards].
Etainism is more about things that I believe in [magic, other worlds, faeries, dragons, mythological creatures and divine aspects, that life is an ending and death is a beginning or possibly one and the same, that Yin and Yang are not good and evil but fundamental principles of the universe and that good and evil is simply too black and white; that there are positive and negative sides to everything]. As you can see, it covers loads and loads of my beliefs!
Hiro and Etain are actually two of the main characters in my book.
By the way, you can just call me 'Kura' is you want, since some of my friends here gave me that nickname.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2015, 2:28 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
Um, you don't have to sign up or anything. You can just think about it and see if you agree or not.
The word hiro is obviously from the English word hero, but hiro in Japanese means hero as well as 'flight' or 'flying'. Hiroism is basically an obligatory moral system based on how I see the world and my own sense of what is good [that is, kindness and love and compassion/empathy are undeniably good things that humans should strive towards].
Etainism is more about things that I believe in [magic, other worlds, faeries, dragons, mythological creatures and divine aspects, that life is an ending and death is a beginning or possibly one and the same, that Yin and Yang are not good and evil but fundamental principles of the universe and that good and evil is simply too black and white; that there are positive and negative sides to everything]. As you can see, it covers loads and loads of my beliefs!
Hiro and Etain are actually two of the main characters in my book.
By the way, you can just call me 'Kura' is you want, since some of my friends here gave me that nickname.

Ah, so more along the lines of general kindness, love/compassion, empathy, altruism, etc. Well then that does relate to my subjective morals, then. I believe in all these things along with having an extremely strong sense of tolerance, to the point that I can even tolerate intolerance. Usually people who say hateful things or negative things, I tolerate their behavior as well even if it's awful. I just mind my own business and life and have a very 'leave things be' attitude in life. For example if someone were to express racism, I won't take the responsibility of being the one who 'corrects' their attitude as I believe there is no good/evil, right/wrong and instead I just ignore negative behavior I do not like or refuse to associate myself with these types of people. I also have an strict 'code of honor' and do my best to be 'noble' and 'fair' to others treat others the way I want to be treated, equality, etc.

And that's very interesting that you've actually given a name to identify your own individual philosophical/spiritual beliefs and lifestyle choices.

I just go by ones that already exist e.g. Existentialism.

Yeah I just don't believe in good/evil and more it's all about perception. Most people in this world will try to make themselves out to be either the 'good guys' or a 'victim' while those that conflict with their life/choices are the 'villains' or 'oppressors'. We all just see each other as the protagonists of our own story and antagonise those who conflict with us.

A basic, petty example is in high school if two groups are gossiping about one another, one will hypocritically criticize and disagree with the other groups gossiping, and both groups will consider the other to be at fault. I observe this at my own school. I have no interest in the actual gossip itself, however the concept of gossip amuses me. It's funny to watch one group of friends gossip about another group and hypocritically disagree with the actions of the other, and the main reason I am using this example is that it happened just today.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2015, 9:14 am

I often try not to be affected by people's bad moods or nastiness, but it's often hard since I can't stand conflict or discord. I try to smile a lot, because then maybe people will smile back and feel better.

Rebecca5
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Nov 2015, 4:29 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Im lonely, I am very lonely, I have nobody to hug or hug me back and it sucks bad.

Do you have any autism society/groups in your area?

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2015, 9:48 am

I don't have any Asperger/autism groups in my area, unfortunately. I'm the only female Aspergian [that I know of] at my school.
Here's a virtual hug for AspeOtaku: :heart:

probly.an.aspie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2015, 10:38 am

AspieOtaku wrote:

Isn't it strange how we are hypersensitive to touch but yet still need hugs sometimes. I involuntarily draw back from an unexpected touch, even from someone i love, but sometimes if i am sad a hug is the best thing ever.
so sorry, hope you get a nonvirtual hug from somewhere too. But til then,

((hugs))

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2015, 10:40 am

Yep, I can't stand it when people touch me, but I love hugs and cuddling. We're paradoxes! :D

PegasusBaby
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Nov 2015, 8:53 pm

I've had to drop out of school because of my illness (whatever it is - one of the doctors suggested aspergers) and I'm very wary of talking to people on Facebook. So yeah, I'm pretty lonely.

I have no one but my father, sister, and mother to talk to. I spend all day reading books and watching things on Netflix. The only social interaction I have is when my dad asks me what I want for dinner.

So...ESCAPISM. I live in another world all the time. I actually LIVE in my fantasies and it's my grades. I think I'm actually pretty smart. In fact, for someone who never pays attention and doesn't study, I think I must be brilliant to have passed all my exams and received admission at university.

I want to get out of that world though and into the present so that I can actually be successful and realize my potential. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2015, 8:56 pm

Since I'm a fantasy writer, I'm constantly half in half out of many different worlds. If you'd like to chat, PegasusBaby [I love your username, by the way], feel free to pm me. :D