What two-year degree would help me the most to get IT jobs?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

L_Holmes
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 4:04 am

Working with computers is one of the few things that I am both good at and that I enjoy. My actual special interest is singing, but I can't really pursue that if I can't afford lessons. So I figure I need to first pick something that I can find a stable job in and make a decent amount of money (I don't mean a lot, just enough that I won't be constantly struggling financially). So I'd like to get a degree that will get me jobs in IT, but I don't want to find out two years down the road that my degree doesn't help me a whole lot because employers like other qualifications more or something like that.

- Sherlock Holmes

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 4:45 am

Well, anything IT related should do the trick...
If that fails, the logical skills trained in maths are a strong asset in IT, even though you'd lack somespecific knowledge.

Depending on the field, not a lot is needed: i myself am a user acceptance tester with no (relevant) formal training or experience: all i needed to have was an eye for detail and a structured method of working; which just happen to be aspergian strengths ;)

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 10:51 am

Networking or Network Security.

Don't sing in the interview. Although I personally would have hired you if you had sung every line of your resume.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 9:42 pm

Perhaps something involving learning multiple programming languages and software development, companies hire people out of college if they are good programmers.