Hi From NZ, 39 and possible Aspie diagnosis

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 6:49 am

Finally thought i would say a QUICK hello :) have been popping in and out the forums for about a month or so now, thought i would finally say hi :) .. Will keep this very short, i had typed something out earlier that was in essence a novel! Thought it was maybe too much, so holding back for a possible future re-edit ;)

Am from New Zealand.

Currently Have suspected diagnosis of Asperger's ( Not the DSM-V version!, sorry but not keen on their new ""labeling System""!). Currently going through the assessment... All i can say is after being made aware, i have done some extensive reading into the subject and i find it fascinatingly interesting in so many ways!... ( ok.. note to self... i promised to keep this short! haha)

So for now G''Day..

More than welcome to ask me anything you like :D

Darcygirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Sep 2015, 6:59 am

Hi Uncle & welcome !

You seem really positive about your possible diagnosis which is good. How long until you find out?

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 7:04 am

Hi DarcyGirl :)... Not too sure, have been bounced around the system so to speak, have just started the AQ tests etc.. Judging by my join date and was about a few weeks before, i'd say i have been going through the system about 5 months to get to the point of standard testing 8O Was a long road of bureaucracy to get here! haha but HERE i am :)

Last edited by Uncle on 22 Sep 2015, 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darcygirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Sep 2015, 7:05 am

Well best of luck - look forward to seeing you post on the forum :)

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 7:08 am

Thank you! and nice to meet you :)

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 10:58 am

Hi & Welcome... !

: )

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 11:05 am

hi, uncle. welcome. what sorts of things do you enjoy doing?

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

22 Sep 2015, 11:49 am

I already said welcome on another forum, so just want to wish you a long and happy stay with WP. There are quite a number of Kiwis here.

I'm also from the same hemisphere (South Africa) although I spend time in Territoria, Super-Zakhyria, Radiant and other places.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 11:54 am

Hi Britte an cathylynn :) What do i like! Well, as a youngster i put all my focus into sports, especially water based such as swimming, surfing, rugby and mountainbiking.. I represented County Devon for rugby, England rugby trials and shortlisted, Athletics for southwest of England, Nationals clay shooting championships, loved hockey, basketball, Motor cross, squash (but the bright flourescents would spin me out somewhat!), golf, tennis, volleyball, skiing, fishing.

Freedived with sharks in Fiji, Surfed with dolphins on a sunset, surfed with wild Orcas

I spent 13 years with coastguard as leading coxswain teaching the new recruits and leading the jetski team, Also trained as a helicopter jumper/wincher, plane spotter ( as in spotting victims from coastguard plane - and yes there is a certain skill needed to be learnt in that).

Love photography,Art, Nature, walks and water...

Am interested in humanity, our existence, the universe the planets and stars...

History-Tesla, Pyramids etc, Anthropology, Psychology, Quantum Mechanics..

Treasure maps and codes fascinate me.
Like to problem solve.. inventive/creative mind.
Sometimes a few computer games.

My insomnia time of night, i trade and mine online crypto-currency, such as bitcoin-litecoin etc

Like all sorts of music, no particular genre, can be anything from rock to classical, but do rather enjoy relatively soothing style music most of the time, trancey free flowing. loud and heavy can be a bit much.

I play a relatively new instrument called a Hang.

love all animals.. and just sit out on the beach and woods and absorb everything naturally around me.

I spend alot of time helping people in one way or another.. from fixing peoples computers charge free, respond to people that need help locally... Tend to be the ear for people when they have problems (funny how it never works the other way round! isnt humanity a funny kettle of fish!? haha)...

and sitting under the stars, watching the shooting stars and satellites go overhead...

ANY knowledge i find an interest in.. love knowledge and new things of interest :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 2:25 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 4:15 pm

Hey Uncle welcome. :sunny:

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 3:44 am

Thank you all for a kindhearted welcome! Have much to learn :)