What's The BEST video game you've ever played?

Page 8 of 10 [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Morgothwasright
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 May 2016, 4:27 pm

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

One of the best written games of all time. And acted brilliantly as well with the characters doing a derivative of Iambic Pentameter.

It's a metroidvania inspired 3D platformer with a dark, gothic atmosphere.

The plot and dialouge was written by Amy Henning who later went on to do the first 3 Uncharted games.

It concerns Raziel, a vampire. First born childe of Kain. Vampires have taken over the world and subjugated the humans for millenia. The world is doomed and beyond saving. Raziel is ordered killed by Kain and betrayed by his vampire bretheren. He gets thrown into the lake of the dead to burn for eternity. He comes back as a soul devouring wraith to exact revenge.

You can get it for PS1 and PC or you can get the PS1 version on PS3 through PSN

Blessings of the Omnisiah upon you, meatbag filth.

Follow me on Twitter for more autism, humour and nerdy stuff @Evilopoly90

lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2016, 5:53 pm

That's hard, but I'm going to have to go with Legend of Zelda Wind Waker.

Herein You Will Find Various And Numerous And Innumerable Hexes, Curses, Words In The Old Tongue To Cleave A’Twain Friend, Foe, Family Alike. If You So Choose. Money Hates Me, God Hates Me, My Wife Hates Me, My Own Hands Hate Me. But Thats All Beside The Point. The Point Is That My Time Here On Earth Runs Short. Im Not Dying But You All Are. Im A Glass Of Wine. Nothing Beats A Glass Of Wine. When The Kids Arent Home And Your A Mother Theres A Glass Of Wine There. A Glass Coffee Table And I’m A Glass Of Wine. Stressful Day When The Kids And you're Husband Then Glass Of Wine. Dark Chocolate Indulge. Petty Indulgences. When you're A Glass Of Wine And Let The Body’s Hit The Floor. When Your Glass Of Wine Is Running Short And You Say Heck What Of It. Why Dont I Have Another. Bartender I Am A Glass Of Wine. Bottoms Up And The Devil Laughs. The Bartender Remembers When It Happened. They All Remember When It Happened And If They Knew That You Dont Remember Then They Would Know That Something Is Awry Here Or So They Would Think. Something Would Be Amiss Or Smells Fishy. So Theyre All Relating There Stories Of Where They Were When That Event Happened And The Eyes Move Clockwise About The Room Where We All Share Our Glass Of Wine And Suddenly The Clock Ticks To You And They Ask The Fatal Question That Destroys Your Reputation, The Question You Could Never Answer, The Dead Giveaway: Where Were You When The Bodies Hit The Floor

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2016, 7:13 pm

Ultima IV on a Commodore 64.
I think I was about 9 years old or thereabouts, I'd play it with my brother after school, great times.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2016, 7:14 pm

^^My video gaming friend would agree with you, but he thinks that Ocarina of Time is the best [except for Navi, of course...] :)

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2016, 2:36 am

i don't get all the unwarranted hate for n64 navi. granted, she is on the more obtrusive side compared to tatl's gentle ringing and KORL's nudging, but she doesn't get in the way of actual teleplay, which can't be said for fi (who is little more than a spit in the face), or some other game companions.

i say n64 navi, because they actually made her worse in the 3ds version, popping out after playing for a while to tell you to put the game down and go outside, or something.

ideally video games shouldn't tell me to get fresh air. i have parents for that.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Abyssalrider
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Jun 2016, 7:06 am

I have to say Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii, best $72 I ever spent, felt it was worth every cent within 10 hours of play. Beat the story once and I'm still not even close to knowing a quarter of the intricacies of the game, even if my party was all lvl 99 at the time i beat it. Never have i played a game so well crafted and so huge that after 100 hours i still easily get lost going through some of the first zones, then it's sequel came and i felt the same all over again. Though the biggest surprise about Xenoblade Chronicles were the graphics they achieved on the standard Wii, most of my friends thought it was on an XBox 360 or Playstation 3.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 7:04 am

Mass Effect 2

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 10:40 am

To name a few:

BattleBlock Theater
Crash Bandicoot 2
DOOM (2016)
Ori and the Blind Forest
Trine
Xenogears

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 7:24 pm

Here's my most recent top five.

Final Fantasy VII
Radiant Historia
Pokemon Explorers of Sky
Final Fantasy Curtain Call
Rune Factory 4

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 11:32 pm

Pokemon X
Pokemon Sun and Moon (i like both!)
Barbie and the Three Musketeers
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
Kingdom Hearts: Unchained Keys
Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jan 2017, 11:53 am

Tough decision. I've put the most hours in The Sims 3 for sure, as it's such an excellent, wide sandbox game; perfect for my imagination.

My favorite guilty pleasure game is Postal 2. Another sandbox type of game, where you can be a law-abiding citizen or engage in ridiculous acts of extreme violence.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Jan 2017, 3:36 am

Tetris
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Perfect Dark
Goldeneye
GTA IV
Pokemon Yellow

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2017, 6:20 am

I'm not sure. I find I tend to get sick of all of them after a while, even games that *should* be almost perfect for me, like Borderlands 2.

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 8:06 pm

World of warcraft. im currently in the process of finally getting a main. that ashbringer will be mine! currently level 61 retribution paladin (dwarf). he was one of my first characters i created when i was 9 (thats 10 years ago) my dad helped me get him to 40, then i stopped leveling him. but now he's been resurrected and is going strong.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Officially diagnosed 30th june 2017

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 6:15 am

Batman: Arkham City

Dts888
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jan 2017, 9:07 am

For story line, I fell in love with The Last of Us by NaughtyDog. Story brought a tear to my eye. Gameplay wise I enjoy any open world survival because it can keep up with my jumpy mind hahaha.