Page 1 of 10 [ 155 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 1:34 pm

Anyone like Doctor Who around here?
My Favourite Doctors: Four, Ten, Eleven, and Twelve [Six and Seven are the only ones I don't really care for at all]
My Favourite Companions: Susan, Sarah-Jane, Amy, Rory, River Song [if she even counts], Clara
Speaking of Clara, what do you think of the first Season 9 episode?

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 6:40 pm

Whirr
Raven
Raven

22 Sep 2015, 7:46 pm

@feyokien I'd say you'll be in for a treat when you finally get around to watching it.

I like Doctor Who but I don't know too much about it. I like the one with the bow tie. What number is he? Those episodes are great like the one where they meet van Gogh and all of them really.

The Daleks are awesome. I love the way they scream everything.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 8:11 pm

The one with the bow tie is Eleven. One of his catchphrases is 'bow ties are cool'. I really love Doctor Who because I feel like the Doctor is an Aspergian and can completely relate to him and how he feels about humans. Oh, poor Vincent Van Gogh...That episode is one of my favourites.
Yeah, the Daleks are awesome. In the revived series with the Ninth Doctor onwards to the present, they managed to make the Daleks scary again [back in the seventies and eighties the Daleks were apparently getting really ridiculous].

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Whirr
Raven
Raven

22 Sep 2015, 8:27 pm

I love the first episode when Amy Pond first met him. I get shivers thinking about the part where she packs her suitcase and sits down on it outside the house waiting for the Raggety Man to return. I remember the music too. That was beautiful.

Whirr
Raven
Raven

22 Sep 2015, 8:31 pm

honestly keep getting shivers thinking about that. I actually feel a physical urge to watch that episode now so I will.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 8:40 pm

Yes, that scene with young Amy is so moving! I love the 'fish fingers and custard' montage! Some person on the Internet actually put fish fingers and custard on pizza once! Eew. I've never had fish fingers or custard, but the custard part sounds good.
"There is one thing you have to remember about me, Amy Pond: I am definitely a madman with a box." -Eleventh Doctor
[I think I paraphrased a bit, but you get the idea.]
By the way, what do you guys think of the new Doctor [#12]? I like his new sunglasses and how adorably awkward he is whenever Clara hugs him. Oh, and spoon-sword duel with Robin Hood!
I made an ultimate Doctor costume for Halloween once, but I'm still missing a couple things.
One: don't know, maybe a little scarf?
Two: recorder
Three: a cape?
Four: long scarf [what else?]
Five: cricket-like jacket
Six: crazy pants
Seven: umbrella
Eight: no idea
Nine: banana
Ten: awesome longcoat
Eleven: bowtie or a fez
Twelve: sunglasses or a spoon

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 3:16 am

I loved the ending of the 11th 1st episode: "Hello, i'm the doctor... Basically... Run"

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 10:55 am

Eleven: Didn't anyone ever tell you? There's one thing you never put in a trap. If you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap...Me.
Epicness!

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 9:00 am

I had a bizarre Doctor Who dream last night. Here goes:
The Twelfth Doctor, Clara, Amy, and River were exploring what seemed like a giant play-place full of twisty tubes and weird, spooky subdued fluorescent lighting. The TARDIS was nowhere to be seen, so they might have been looking for her. Suddenly, Clara started glitching and split into all the different versions of herself and wildly flickered in and out of reality while saying 'I don't know where I am!' over and over again. Amy began disappearing and reappearing all over the place, and then Twelve suddenly degenerated into Eleven again. He and River started running around trying to find Clara and Amy, but when they came to a twisty tube slide River volunteered to go first even though the Doctor tried to stop her. Then River was a different version of herself from another point in her timeline, and Clara and Amy disappeared for good. Eleven held River's hand to try to stop her from disappearing too, but she did anyway and the Doctor was completely alone. It was so heartbreaking to watch him switch between Eleven and Twelve while desperately searching for his best friends and wife and yelling, "CLARA!! ! Come along, Pond, PLEASE! River, stay with me! Stay with me!"
I've been having searching dreams like that over and over again for the past month or so. I think that Eleven represents my childish, Aspergian traits while Twelve represents my maturer side. Clara could be my practical, everywoman side that is also torn between going somewhere new and staying at home, and Amy could be my adventurous side. I'm not sure about River...maybe she's my search for a life-long companion? What do you guys think?

Commander
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 9:22 am

For the longest time one if my friends told me that I should watch doctor who and that I was exactly like the ninth doctor.bafter several months of pestering I finally got around to doing it and after one episode I saw her point. Haven't started the newest season yet, but I've enjoyed all of the doctors I've seen so far. Still like the ninth best though, first doctor bias

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 2:58 pm

Yeah, I like the Ninth Doctor too, Commander. I think that his obsession with bananas is funny because I like bananas a lot too. I often say his catchphrase 'bananas are a good source of potassium' before eating one. Oh, so you haven't seen the first episode of Season 9, then? I'll try to avoid spoilers for you, then. Image

Peejay
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Sep 2015, 3:28 pm

Watched it here in the UK in the late 60s & 70s. John Pertwee & Tom Baker my favourites.
Part of all our childhoods from that era.

The days when all you had to do to escape a dalek was to climb some stairs!

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 3:39 pm

Imagine a Classic series Dalek trying to climb the CN Tower. I can imagine it thinking, "The Doctor must have built this fiendish contraption."

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2015, 2:52 am

My Doctor is Matt Smith but my favorite Doctor is Peter Capaldi.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2015, 2:21 pm

What do you think of the Twelfth Doctor's new 'sonic'?