Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Buryfcagmc
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Sep 2015, 1:22 pm

In December 2012 I started having what some say were my first psychotic experiences. On the 8th December in I thought I saw a Demon. Consultants disagree on diagnosis. What has become common place in my episodes is that I hear and see Hilary Duff and she would always say negative things about me. Some consultants think it is down to my Aspergers and that my mind is obsessing of this image of Hilary Duff. It's a very distressing experience when these episodes start and sometimes last days. I don't take drugs and I don't smoke. Consume very little alcohol.

psycho
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Sep 2015, 6:32 am

(I'm french and speak very bad english. But I must learn it)

Many psychologists diagnose psychosis syndrome for people with asperger diagnosis. Actually, there are many autistic symptoms in psychosis. I have both of them.
I believe you describe auditive hallucinations. Negative words are habitual in them. I believe what you think about them is important.
What do you want to know exactly ?

(I hope that I understand properly your message.)

Buryfcagmc
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Sep 2015, 12:23 pm

Hi, I was just seeing how Aspergers and psychosis could be linked. Thanks for your comment (psycho)

psycho
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Sep 2015, 4:48 am

you're're welcome, Buryfcagmc. It's a very interesting subject. Psychoanalysts used the word "psychosis" and the word "autism" like they were the same word. And not long ago, autism was classified in psychosis.
For exemple, my AQ is 38/50. But I'm not Asperger.