Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 11:52 am

From 2011-2014 this girl used to really like me. However when I saw her in october 1 year ago she was very cold and indifferent towards me. She treated me almost like I was a stranger.

I told my parents how I was suprised by her new attitude towards me and my dad said "do you think she ever gives you a second thought?" And my mom gave her opinion in a sympathetic voice "she dosent care about you"

Am I the only who thinks my moms opinion was much more considerate and polite compared to my dads opinion?

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 11:56 am

Yeah, it sounds like your dad isn't very considerate.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 12:23 pm

glebel wrote:

Gve me your opinion why what he said was inconsiderate

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 12:58 pm

Well in my opinion the way your dad phrases it suggests that he is saying you are silly for thinking she cares about you, where as your mum just says it straight without implying anything else. It doesn't mean he means to hurt you though, just because he phrased it that way.

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 1:13 pm

Jamesy wrote:
glebel wrote:

Gve me your opinion why what he said was inconsiderate

If someone says something like that to me, it would imply to me that they don't really care about my feelings. Your mother said the same thing, only the wording struck me as being sensitive to your feelings.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 1:32 pm

InsomniaGrl wrote:
Well in my opinion the way your dad phrases it suggests that he is saying you are silly for thinking she cares about you, where as your mum just says it straight without implying anything else. It doesn't mean he means to hurt you though, just because he phrased it that way.

Silly? I dunno it was only January of 2014 when she was still acting enthusiastic when she was around me. I mean the the length of time between January 2014- october 2014 isn't that long right?