Page 2 of 6 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Knofskia
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 3:45 pm

I correctly solved 10 out of 10. Strangely, I have aphantasia (I cannot form mental images to manipulate) but I am still great at spatial reasoning for some reason.

Weak Emerging Social Communicator (The Social Thinking-­Social Communication Profile by Michelle Garcia Winner, Pamela Crooke and Stephanie Madrigal)

"I am silently correcting your grammar." :lol:

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 4:17 pm

A couple of them were ridiculously easy. The answer choices had shapes on them that weren't even on the unfolded cube.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 7:29 pm

Knofskia wrote:
I correctly solved 10 out of 10. Strangely, I have aphantasia (I cannot form mental images to manipulate) but I am still great at spatial reasoning for some reason.

That is interesting. Did you find this test to be "easy" ? or did it really tax your concentration?

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 8:26 pm

10/10

I always did well with these.

Knofskia
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 9:24 pm

olympiadis wrote:
Knofskia wrote:

That is interesting. Did you find this test to be "easy" ? or did it really tax your concentration?

It was not so easy that the answer just came to me without any thinking, but I did not need to spend a lot of time or immense concentration to figure it out. I needed to check a few edges to determine if an answer was correct, but I did recognize easily what the edge should look like; I guess like going through a check-list. I hope that makes sense.

Weak Emerging Social Communicator (The Social Thinking-­Social Communication Profile by Michelle Garcia Winner, Pamela Crooke and Stephanie Madrigal)

"I am silently correcting your grammar." :lol:

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 9:37 pm

10 of 10 but I found that many were easier solved without visualizing.
https://www.123test.com/spatial-reasoni ... 3c3bc01a5e

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 9:40 pm

Knofskia wrote:
I needed to check a few edges to determine if an answer was correct, but I did recognize easily what the edge should look like; I guess like going through a check-list. I hope that makes sense.

But what did you check them for? Like what did you compare them to if you didn't form a mental image of how it should look in your mind?

Scanner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Sep 2015, 9:43 pm

6/10. I rushed a bit because I got impatient. I have gotten a 9/10 on one of these things before when I actually took my time.

nerdymama
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Sep 2015, 10:30 pm

I got 10 out of 10 correct. The last two took slightly longer because I used a different method to solve. I found it a bit difficult to keep track of the rotation of the faces but then came up with rules for shifting the squares around to make it easier to visualize.

That was fun :)

Grahzmann
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Sep 2015, 10:32 pm

7/10

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 6:30 am

I found they got harder as I went along, but the three I got wrong were all before #7. When I saw the answers, I realized I made a dumb mistake on two of them. I would have done better had I not rushed, but probably would have maxed out at 9/10. I think I did better on the last ones because I was taking more time with the problems.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 6:49 am

10/10
I tried all combinations to be sure I didn't make a mistake.
At 8 it was getting masochistic lol.

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 11:35 am

nerdymama wrote:
I got 10 out of 10 correct. The last two took slightly longer because I used a different method to solve. I found it a bit difficult to keep track of the rotation of the faces but then came up with rules for shifting the squares around to make it easier to visualize.

I am not certain why, but I had a difficult time mentally rotating the last three (#8, #9, #10). The first seven (#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7) seemed much, much easier. At some point, I got tired and just guessed, without really knowing (my answers for the first seven were not guesses).

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 11:41 am

I got 0 out of 10, the first and second are just impossible, the next few just hurt my brain just thinking about it.

Whenever I look at something like this, its like i'm getting an epileptic seizure because my brain can't process it, it hits a mental wall and theres no way to get around it, over it or through it.

Theres no point in guessing by just clicking randomly because that just removes the point of the test.

Meanwhile I just got a massive headache just from doing this.

I remember doing some of these tests to determine which secondary school I would be suitable for; from my 11+ test, I failed it so i'm not surprised about the outcome of this test.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 11:47 am

Rocket123 wrote:
I am not certain why, but I had a difficult time mentally rotating the last three (#8, #9, #10). The first seven (#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7) seemed much, much easier. At some point, I got tired and just guessed, without really knowing (my answers for the first seven were not guesses).

I got 9/10 and also found the last three harder. I messed up the last one despite finding the one that was impossible because I then went on to check the others and when I went back, selected the wrong on of the two that had the diagonal black/white division on the top face.

I think the test was designed to be progressively more difficult. The errors in the beginning were easy to spot, like squares that had to be on opposite faces appearing as adjacent, but the ones at the end were more subtle, like patterns that were on adjacent faces but would be rotated 90 degrees on the face to match the 3d representation.

bookworm360
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Sep 2015, 12:06 pm

9/10