Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Autismteen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Sep 2015, 11:00 am

So I have Aspergers, obsessive compulsive disorder, ADHD, and pathological demand avoidance (PDA). So I have for years not been able to explain my outbursts but after a current appointment I have just found out my OCD has come back or in fact it never went it the first place.

I have so many rituals that rule my life that are quite simply out if my control. People say "try therapy" and ok that works for some but with me I feel like it is to severe for me to do it. It has such a hold on my life I feel trapped. One ritual that is killing me is that when I see someone upset I have to get upset! I bang my head I hand bite and I hurt others. I have to do it. Anyone got any sensible advice or has anyone been through similar things?

Btw I have about 10000 other rituals too :( I hate OCD

RubyTates
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Sep 2015, 4:41 pm

If it's something like that that is effecting your life on that level, then you need to seek some professional help for it. Perhaps they can get you on some medication to help with these outbursts. It also sounds like anxiety is a big component of it as well. I went on Lexapro shortly for my anxiety several years ago and it was the best thing that I have ever done.

Also, be careful of what you put in your mouth, you might have some food intolerances or reactions to certain foods which bring out your ocd even more.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Sep 2015, 11:35 pm

Neurontin/Gabapentin helps my OCD ALOT

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

CryosHypnoAeon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Oct 2015, 1:34 am

RubyTates wrote:
If it's something like that that is effecting your life on that level, then you need to seek some professional help for it.

LOL. I always laugh when people parrot that line.
Like "professionals" have what you have and know what you're going through.
Might as well tell them "hey, take an aspirin, that'll cure it buddy".

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 6:51 am

I have OCD too. There are certain meds that help. I currently take Prozac to help my OCD. Luvox and Anafrinal are also supposed to be good, though they didn't work for me. As far as therapy, in my experience only specific types work, such as exposure therapy. Exposure therapy was scary at first but really helped me. While I have found regular talk therapy good for my other psych issues, it did nothing for my OCD. I hope your OCD and other issues improve soon.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 10:21 pm

Maybe Anafranil with some Memantine(suggestions to your clinicians) and be seen at a clinic that specializes in treating anxiety disorders like OCD to work on a form of CBT known as ERP, "Exposure Response Prevention", and not just your regular Joe Blow physician. Even then you may find they lack any understanding for your autism. Sometimes there are dual diagnosis clinics that can treat the autism along with the co morbid disorders that come with it. Don't just rely on one angle of attack, try as many options as you can to treat your conditions and get a hold of them.