Women, when you're attracted to someone do you act different

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 1:40 pm

I have really hard time telling if someone is interested in me. Every so often I'll run into someone who seems to find me attractive, but I'm never sure. For example, I went and picked up lunch today and the woman behind the register was smiling at me and made a little small talk. I know most of the time they are just doing they're jobs and being polite, but every once in a while the smiles and looks seem a little different. I think this girl I talked to was attracted to me, but I'm really not sure.

I want to ask, when you are working, how do you act in front of someone you're attracted to someone as opposed to a random person? Is there a difference? Do you think people can tell when you're attracted to them? Do you have any stories of getting involved with someone who you met while working behind a register or something similar?

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2015, 3:56 am

One thing i can tell you, male to male:
If she's working any form of customer service (including cash registers in stores); assume she isn't interested. being friendly is part of the job description, and knowing the difference is hard enough for NTs, let alone aspies.

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2015, 5:30 am

There's friendly customer service, and then there's friendly beyond customer service.

If it's "How are you?" and "Have a nice day" with smiles, I wouldn't think much about it.
If she is starting an actual conversation, trying to get to know you and keeping you there longer than what is normal for picking up lunch, perhaps she is interested.
But perhaps not. Some people have the "gift of gab" and will talk to anyone about anything, endlessly.

If you want to find out, try going to this place at different times to see if she acts any differently.
If it is busy when you go, does she give all customers the same amount of time, or does she talk to you longer than with other people?
What kinds of things does she talk to other people about?
Does she gab with her coworkers until you come up to the register, and then gab with you? (If she does this, then she just likes to talk.)
If you go at a time when it is slower, how long does she talk to you?
Go many times and see if she keeps up talking to you, or if she keeps trying to get to know you more each time.