Verbalizing all thoughts = verbal stimming?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2015, 3:51 pm

Some people in my immediate & extended family have a tendency to verbalize every random thought that appears to be going through their heads. It's as if any silence *must* be filled, LOUDLY (which is not so wonderful for stress levels b/c most of us are also exceedingly sensitive to auditory stimulus). Sometimes, the vocalizations will be a repetitive sound, sometimes nonsense like a random phrase repeated, and sometimes simply a narrative of whatever they are doing/observing/thinking.

Does this seem like stimming, please?

Unfortunate_Aspie_
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2015, 5:32 pm

Edenthiel wrote:
Some people in my immediate & extended family have a tendency to verbalize every random thought that appears to be going through their heads. It's as if any silence *must* be filled, LOUDLY (which is not so wonderful for stress levels b/c most of us are also exceedingly sensitive to auditory stimulus). Sometimes, the vocalizations will be a repetitive sound, sometimes nonsense like a random phrase repeated, and sometimes simply a narrative of whatever they are doing/observing/thinking.

Does this seem like stimming, please?

This does seem a little bit like stimming to me. Also there are quite a few people out there that cannot tolerate any silence of anykind at all- NTs even can be like that I mean. Such people fill silence with noise. I dislike such tendencies because I dislike noises. However, if people are doing such things because they like or prefer it then yeah. If they are doing it because of a compulsion then maybe not.