Page 2079 of 4092 [ 65462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2076, 2077, 2078, 2079, 2080, 2081, 2082 ... 4092  Next

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 4:22 pm

Froya wrote:
underwater wrote:
Yeah, I do the same thing, with sugar. I started boiling jams, but then I realized I have all winter to do that, and right now there is too much other stuff to harvest. Today I've been shelling broad beans and picking berries, and tomorrow I'm planning to make sour cabbage and pick more berries.

I will never shell broad beans again in my life. Unshelled, they filled an entire laundry basket. Shelled, three tiny ziplock bags. :roll:

The thing about bringing a gift....I once read an interview with Deepak Chopra's son. Now I detest Chopra, but the son said something interesting; that his parents had taught him to always bring a gift when visiting, even if all they had was good wishes. It's some of the best advice I've ever found. It's a way of showing you care that works for someone who is autistic, because you plan it ahead. It starts the visit on a positive note, and then you don't get so much of the 'oh, you're always so selfish' treatment. As long as you don't overdo it, it also improves your status as a resourceful person.

Actually, Froya, you know stuff about foraging and fishing and stuff, those are skills that can be useful to others.

What you said about shelling beans made me laugh. It's similar to frying mushrooms. A full pan is not a full pan when they are finished :lol:

Also giving away something homemade takes more "effort" then buying something. It means you have spent some of your time on it.

One of my neighbors gave me a heating pad, as a thank you for "rescuing" her from a spider.

One time I was going to bake a carrot cake and give to my mother and her boyfriend. The only way I could do it, was by baking two cakes. I ate the whole cake number two by myself 8)

Thank you for that last comment by the way :) Two days ago I actually was so brave that I suggest to a neighbor that we could go mushroom hunting together. She is very bussy, so she didn't have the time (at least that's what she said). I was actually relieved that I got away from that social challange :P

Yeah, I noticed the shrinking mushrooms. Not like the store bought ones.

What I hate about gift giving is that it can get messed up by social status. Some people, if they think their social status is higher than yours, will think that you're trying to bribe them into being their friend. Which is horrible, and if you're like me, basically born thinking everyone is equal, you think you're just being nice, and then you get upset. I learned to be extremely vigilant about reciprocity in these matters. It's a bit anal, but it's the only way for me to keep relationships even.

Nice cake baking strategy though! :D

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 4:23 pm

I'm off to sleep, have a good night, guys!

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 4:24 pm

Froya wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
Froya wrote:
Thanks! It also function as a room to dry clothes as you can see. I originally planned to use the addict, but it smells bad up there.

attic

:lol: I don't know if addicts do well as clothes driers...

you seem to have lots of space froya. that is nice.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 4:40 pm

underwater wrote:
I'm off to sleep, have a good night, guys!

I would probably not have picked up on it if someone tried to bribe me into being a friend. Neither if they thought I tried to bribe them. I don't have much experience in those things. (That is in reference to your previous post of course)

Good night! :)

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 4:45 pm

cathylynn wrote:
Froya wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
Froya wrote:
Thanks! It also function as a room to dry clothes as you can see. I originally planned to use the addict, but it smells bad up there.

attic

I have more than I need, so I can't complain. I don't have much stuff.

What about you and your husband, do you live in a house or an apartment?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 5:18 pm

Last edited by Raleigh on 18 Sep 2017, 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 5:25 pm

Last edited by Raleigh on 18 Sep 2017, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 5:31 pm

Froya wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
Froya wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
Froya wrote:

attic

I have more than I need, so I can't complain. I don't have much stuff.

What about you and your husband, do you live in a house or an apartment?

3 bedroom (our bedroom, guest bedroom, office with both of our computers where i am now) ranch style house.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 5:55 pm

I've been thinking about 'heroic sacrifices' and whether they are really as noble as they seem. I guess in the grand cosmic matrix of things, they are, but I can't help but think of the ones left behind...
Maybe I'm just being too emphatic, as usual.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 1:53 am

sometimes when pickles (cat, 15 years old) is lounging in the driveway, and i'm pulling in, i'll honk at him and creep up slowly but he won't even budge. most of the time, he does, but it's very worrying that a cat won't skedaddle when a massive (to him) car thing is approaching.

one afternoon, i found him lying under the exhaust of my dad's truck. i started it and even with him right there he decided not to go anywhere. we had to pick him up and move him out of the way as to not squish him under 4000 pounds of metal.

sometimes he howls at night. :(

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 9:04 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
sometimes when pickles (cat, 15 years old) is lounging in the driveway, and i'm pulling in, i'll honk at him and creep up slowly but he won't even budge. most of the time, he does, but it's very worrying that a cat won't skedaddle when a massive (to him) car thing is approaching.

one afternoon, i found him lying under the exhaust of my dad's truck. i started it and even with him right there he decided not to go anywhere. we had to pick him up and move him out of the way as to not squish him under 4000 pounds of metal.

sometimes he howls at night. :(

i'm so glad he has you to look out for him.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 9:31 am

Good morning, everyone.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 9:35 am

Morning Kura.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 9:49 am

Boo was a naughty kitty this morning. She woke me up at a quarter to 8 and meowed and meowed very loudly until I finally got up at 8:22 and fed her.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 12:48 pm

Would anyone like my recipe for cheese omelet rice with tomato sauce?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 1:25 pm

^ ok.

My cat seems unwell. :(
Didn't meow to be fed, didn't eat her dinner, laid down to sleep and was very difficult to wake.