Page 2160 of 4092 [ 65461 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2157, 2158, 2159, 2160, 2161, 2162, 2163 ... 4092  Next

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 11:41 pm

My cat headbutts me all the time.
Sometimes the headbutts are quite violent.

I put a cover on the lounge chair and my cat burrowed under the cover and lay underneath it like she was in a tent.
Had to put a sign on the chair so no one sat on it.

"This chair contains a hidden kitty."

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 11:47 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Kuraudo7777 wrote:
Now whenever I go near her or put my face near her, she moves her face forward so we can touch noses. I've never know a cat to do that.

My kitty KC would give us face-rubs every time she jumped into our laps. Of course, she also had chronic upper respiratory issues and a tendency to sneeze after she jumped, so a good number of face-sneezes happened, too :eew:

head bumping is the way a cat says, "hi, welcome." bubba used to do it with me every morning.

lol, raleigh.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 12:05 am

cathylynn wrote:
head bumping is the way a cat says, "hi, welcome." bubba used to do it with me every morning.

lol, raleigh.

Yep, I know. I'd give her a face-rub in return. KC was a sweetie, I miss her. She died in May.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 10:19 am

Good morning, everyone.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 12:27 pm

Good afternoon, everyone.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 2:11 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
cathylynn wrote:

lol, raleigh.

Yep, I know. I'd give her a face-rub in return. KC was a sweetie, I miss her. She died in May.

sorry. that is very sad.

this about dogs, but applies to losing any pet:

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/powerdog.htm

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 2:26 pm

Good morning, all.
Had 181mm rain yesterday!
There was a storm last night and it got very windy, like a cyclone.
I'll go out after my coffee to check the damage.
It's still raining, btw.

My mother slipped a disc in her back after going out to move some of her stuff inside out of the storm.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 2:36 pm

^Hello. :)

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 4:58 pm

I realized today that I'm basically writing the same story over and over again with the same two paper-thinly-veiled main characters, that have existed for probably more than ten years now. I don't know why this specific story template keeps pulling me in repeatedly. Gah!

Any suggestions? :(

Edit:

Basically, not all of my stories are like this, but too many of them noticeably are:

The main character is always female, vulnerable yet determined, small, child-like, gentle, all-loving, but with serious self-esteem issues and a general lack of self-worth; often angelic or winged in some way, typically with amazing hidden cosmic power; often compared to as a cat or kitten

Her love interest is variably male, female, both, or neither; often a mysterious and powerful wizard or magic-user, or divine being of some sort; quiet and usually amiable; often winged in some way; usually has white hair and 'elf-like', androgynous features; is either protected by the main character, or [rarely] protects her.

Plot wise, they are either star-crossed lovers and/or have to overcome many difficult trials to either be together or assist each other in ascension. There are usually many plot twists through out.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 7:41 pm

cathylynn wrote:
sorry. that is very sad.

this about dogs, but applies to losing any pet:

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/powerdog.htm

Aww, that made me cry. It's hard to lose a pet, but I wouldn't trade the good times with them for anything. There were times when my depression was really bad that I thought KC was the only one who cared about me, she probably saved my life a time or two because of that. My leopard gecko that died two years ago was my only friend in college - she helped me through that. It helps that KC had a long, happy life - she was 18 when she started suffering enough from her kidney and heart failure that we had to say goodbye.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 7:44 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I realized today that I'm basically writing the same story over and over again with the same two paper-thinly-veiled main characters, that have existed for probably more than ten years now. I don't know why this specific story template keeps pulling me in repeatedly. Gah!

Edit:

Basically, not all of my stories are like this, but too many of them noticeably are:

The main character is always female, vulnerable yet determined, small, child-like, gentle, all-loving, but with serious self-esteem issues and a general lack of self-worth; often angelic or winged in some way, typically with amazing hidden cosmic power; often compared to as a cat or kitten

Her love interest is variably male, female, both, or neither; often a mysterious and powerful wizard or magic-user, or divine being of some sort; quiet and usually amiable; often winged in some way; usually has white hair and 'elf-like', androgynous features; is either protected by the main character, or [rarely] protects her.

Plot wise, they are either star-crossed lovers and/or have to overcome many difficult trials to either be together or assist each other in ascension. There are usually many plot twists through out.

I have the same sort of problem in my writing - my main characters and plots also tend to be similar from story to story, it's just the details that are really any different.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 7:48 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:

Edit:

Why don't you try writing about a different kind of character? Just start writing and see where it takes you. If you don't like it, you can discard it.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 7:56 pm

^It's much easier said than done!

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 9:11 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:

Edit:

You sound like you are continually writing about yourself because that's the person you know best.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 10:18 pm

Wow, I am putting a lot of time and effort into a costume I'm probably never going to get to show off. I'm old enough to feel super awkward trick-or-treating, and I don't know anyone to invite me to any parties, but I'm making a costume anyway.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 10:23 pm

^ If you are getting joy out of making a costume that's all that matters really.
What kind of costume is it, if I may ask, and it's not a deathly secret?