Page 2161 of 4092 [ 65461 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2158, 2159, 2160, 2161, 2162, 2163, 2164 ... 4092  Next

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 10:44 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Wow, I am putting a lot of time and effort into a costume I'm probably never going to get to show off. I'm old enough to feel super awkward trick-or-treating, and I don't know anyone to invite me to any parties, but I'm making a costume anyway.

are there any restaurants or bars near you having a halloween doings? if so, they'd be happy to have another customer.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 10:53 pm

Raleigh wrote:
^ If you are getting joy out of making a costume that's all that matters really.
What kind of costume is it, if I may ask, and it's not a deathly secret?

That's why I'm making it, really. The costume is Hellraiser-inspired, but a character I created, so I have to make the whole thing from scratch. The good part is, when something doesn't work out quite as I'd planned (as has happened a time or two), no one but me knows I made any changes.

cathylynn wrote:
are there any restaurants or bars near you having a halloween doings? if so, they'd be happy to have another customer.

Hmm, I don't know. I don't do bars - too loud and crowded, and I don't like the taste of alcohol - and I'm not aware of any restaurants near here that do anything special. I'll keep an eye out, though - thanks for the idea.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 11:20 pm

Remember the leaky tap problem I had?
Well, I contacted the hardware store I bought it from, that I practically live at and they all know me, and...
They would not accept the company's response so they contacted the company on my behalf and it turns out they have agreed to send me a replacement tap!
The girl at the hardware store was so lovely for doing that and I may have had an attack of the warm fuzzies and gotten a little choked up.
So nice to have someone on my side! :heart:

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 11:46 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Remember the leaky tap problem I had?
Well, I contacted the hardware store I bought it from, that I practically live at and they all know me, and...
They would not accept the company's response so they contacted the company on my behalf and it turns out they have agreed to send me a replacement tap!
The girl at the hardware store was so lovely for doing that and I may have had an attack of the warm fuzzies and gotten a little choked up.
So nice to have someone on my side! :heart:

YAY!

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 1:00 am

We are now experiencing major flooding.

Yay!

Last edited by Raleigh on 17 Oct 2017, 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 1:01 am

My life is such a roller coaster! :lol:

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 1:03 am

Happily, I got supplies this morning, so if I'm cut off I'll be ok for a while.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 1:14 am

Raleigh wrote:
We are now experiencing major flooding.

Yay!

my niece's home in chicago flooded yesterday after heavy rains. they had warning so were able to empty their basement to prepare. i hope you don't lose things you cherish.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 1:23 am

^ my house is on stumps for this very reason.
The only flooding I get is usually through the downstairs, which isn't too hard to clean up with a hose and broom.
Most of the older houses like mine are flood-proofed, it's the newer houses that go under.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 10:30 am

Raleigh wrote:
Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I realized today that I'm basically writing the same story over and over again with the same two paper-thinly-veiled main characters, that have existed for probably more than ten years now. I don't know why this specific story template keeps pulling me in repeatedly. Gah!

Any suggestions? :(

Edit:

Basically, not all of my stories are like this, but too many of them noticeably are:

The main character is always female, vulnerable yet determined, small, child-like, gentle, all-loving, but with serious self-esteem issues and a general lack of self-worth; often angelic or winged in some way, typically with amazing hidden cosmic power; often compared to as a cat or kitten

Her love interest is variably male, female, both, or neither; often a mysterious and powerful wizard or magic-user, or divine being of some sort; quiet and usually amiable; often winged in some way; usually has white hair and 'elf-like', androgynous features; is either protected by the main character, or [rarely] protects her.

Plot wise, they are either star-crossed lovers and/or have to overcome many difficult trials to either be together or assist each other in ascension. There are usually many plot twists through out.

You sound like you are continually writing about yourself because that's the person you know best.

:!: That's exactly it!
Funny how I needed someone else to point it out to me...

Good morning, min'na-san.

I had a breakthrough last night about my book. Wahoo!

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 1:58 pm

^ excellent.

It's still raining! :o

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 2:30 pm

It's sunny over here, which is odd for this late in October. Though it has been overcast the last few days. I'm not looking forward to snow at all. :shaking: :pale:

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 5:25 pm

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 5:29 pm

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 5:46 pm

^Ooh, I like the flower one. They're all so beautiful! :)

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 11:25 pm

This is actually my exercise routine. My physiotherapist said it was strengthening for my back