Page 1992 of 4092 [ 65462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995 ... 4092  Next

1Biggles1
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 12:03 am

Hows your lung doing bud? Clearing up a bit?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 12:07 am

Raleigh wrote:
Er, I just got out of bed. :oops:

This is a bit uncanny.
When I log on, there's Biggles talking directly to me.
What, you got an alarm set or something? :)

I feel that. Weird medicine regime has me really anxious & I'm doing all I can to take real naps for once.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 12:08 am

Lungs are ok.
Bit of the old stabbing pain at times but not too bad.

1Biggles1
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 12:10 am

^Glad to hear :D Had me worried there for a minute...

Cberg is in dah house :)

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 12:13 am

cberg wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
Er, I just got out of bed. :oops:

This is a bit uncanny.
When I log on, there's Biggles talking directly to me.
What, you got an alarm set or something? :)

I feel that. Weird medicine regime has me really anxious & I'm doing all I can to take real naps for once.

The real deal is always a challenge.
Usually it's a forced resting of the eyeballs.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 2:13 am

1:11 in the morning - Beard is no more as long as my shaver works. Women can debate the merits of beards to no end but I can't keep a rug on my face in Colorado summers.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 3:46 am

1Biggles1 wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:
1Biggles1 wrote:
^Is he just having a little break?

Yes, but he said he won't return until the new mods are elected :( and knowing Alex and his speed at naming new mods, that might take aeons.

Yeah, can be a hard and thankless job as i have mentioned to another mod before... Is good to have a little break now and again! So how does Alex work it out? Throws some names in a hat and one of the ''victims'' gets pulled out? Or some mathematical algorithm? :lol:

Yeah, he's busy with all the Hollywood crew i think.. Cant blame him! LOL .. I see he logs in now and again, however probably accidentally knocks his phone and signs in accidentally while reaching over for the champagne and caviar! :lol:

( You probably wont see this Alex but was just joking or will get some response that he's allergic to fish or something! :lol: )

lol Indeed I don't think you're in that peril :lol:

But yes, it can be hard...

But no, no algorhitms involved, and he doesn't throw the victims' names in a hat :lol: Mostly mods make suggestions and then we vote and discuss on it, and he makes the final verdict.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 3:48 am

B19 wrote:
1Biggles1 wrote:
Good to see you B19 :hail:
Yeah, this is the misfits thread :D We are as calm as a lake in here but as soon as we venture out of this thread , all hell breaks loose! :eye:

Very pleasant misfits! (We are all misfits here 1Biggles1 :mrgreen: )

It's a bit of haven (this thread) because you don't get attacks here like Strawman tactics et al, and despite it's great length, this thread lacks that toxicity which I am wearying of on other threads/forums (and the reason I disappear from time to time). Perhaps I'll visit you lot more often!

Yay, B19, happy to see you here! Please do that! :D or any other thread in the nearest proximity....

1Biggles1
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 3:55 am

^+1 :D

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 8:26 am

Raleigh wrote:
Lungs are ok.

do you have pleurisy (pain when you breathe)? i had that when a kid and thought i was going to die. i hope it subsides completely soon.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 8:43 am

cathylynn wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
Lungs are ok.

do you have pleurisy (pain when you breathe)? i had that when a kid and thought i was going to die. i hope it subsides completely soon.

Ditto!

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 11:10 am

Good morning. I was writing stuff down while sitting on my bed, and I put my pencil on the floor to see what Boo would do, and she batted at it with her paw. :)

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 11:45 am

If I could turn one of my books into an animated movie [hopefully animated by Studio Ghibli or something], it would be my latest one. It'd be fun to do a cameo. I know which character I would pick.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 1:25 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
If I could turn one of my books into an animated movie [hopefully animated by Studio Ghibli or something], it would be my latest one. It'd be fun to do a cameo. I know which character I would pick.

So, you have turned them into an animated movie already? :)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 2:06 pm

^Nope. I know next to nothing about animation, and since none of my books are even published yet...

So, here's the story about the dull and factually-challenged textbook.
It was for an online World Religions course. When, in the introduction posted on the school website, the teacher began talking about cosmic-ness and so forth, I naively thought that she would understand me. So I went all out on my essays on Shinto and Zen. My scores...weren't the highest, mainly because...well...if forced into a box, like I was for high school and my first semester of university, I will try my hardest to escape. [I feel kind of silly for not realizing that university would be basically the same as high school and that I really had no interest in it..] Anyway, once the final exam got closer, I decided to look through the textbook. It wasn't a very interesting read, and not only were some facts wrong, in some places the overall intention of the religion or spirituality was misinterpreted.
I might be bias, because my standards for literature are extremely high, and since I was homeschooled from Grade 2-8, I've learned so much more in those years than both high school and university combined [when I didn't know all of the stuff in the courses anyway, in the case of Religion or Philosophy].

1Biggles1
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 5:07 pm

^You seem correct in your assumption.. Religion is individual and rather subjective.