Page 2159 of 4092 [ 65462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2156, 2157, 2158, 2159, 2160, 2161, 2162 ... 4092  Next

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 11:28 am

last night, rooster hid, but came out to eat and use the litter. cuddles ran around chirping and trying to get out the door. cuddles is now ms. cuddles squeak. this morning, rooster is still shy, but obviously enjoying pets. cuddles enjoys pets way too much: cuddles is a kamikaze pet-grabber. she sat in my lap and received pets for about a half hour. rooster was on a bar-height chair. i put cuddles down and, standing next to rooster, started to pet him. cuddles jumped on the chair, then, seeing that that didn't change the focus of my petting, launched herself to my chest. trusting thing. i was able to catch her. i exclaimed. marc, in bed, wanted to know what was up. i told him, put cuddles on his chest, and announced that cuddles is his. she's not affectionate. she's demanding (of affection). he has the patience for that.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 11:39 am

^Aww, so cute! :)

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 3:21 pm

cathylynn wrote:
last night, rooster hid, but came out to eat and use the litter. cuddles ran around chirping and trying to get out the door. cuddles is now ms. cuddles squeak. this morning, rooster is still shy, but obviously enjoying pets. cuddles enjoys pets way too much: cuddles is a kamikaze pet-grabber. she sat in my lap and received pets for about a half hour. rooster was on a bar-height chair. i put cuddles down and, standing next to rooster, started to pet him. cuddles jumped on the chair, then, seeing that that didn't change the focus of my petting, launched herself to my chest. trusting thing. i was able to catch her. i exclaimed. marc, in bed, wanted to know what was up. i told him, put cuddles on his chest, and announced that cuddles is his. she's not affectionate. she's demanding (of affection). he has the patience for that.

It's not a boring moment in the house now I can imagine. Do the cats get along with each other?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 4:25 pm

Rain continued...
It rained all night.
Cycling is cancelled.
Not entirely sure what to do with myself.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 4:34 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Rain continued...
It rained all night.
Cycling is cancelled.

Me neither. So I went for a walk around the graveyard... alone... in the dark... It was quite windy, and with the leaves blowing on the asphalt it sounded like someone was walking behind me.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 4:41 pm

Froya wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
Rain continued...
It rained all night.
Cycling is cancelled.

Me neither. So I went for a walk around the graveyard... alone... in the dark... It was quite windy, and with the leaves blowing on the asphalt it sounded like someone was walking behind me.

But let's face it. That doesn't help you to find something to do... :|

What about starting on your "kitchen island"?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 5:23 pm

I started yesterday, but there's not enough shelter outside and power tools and water don't really mix. I'm up to the stage where I need to use the saw bench to cut down some large lumber and it's not really practical to do that atm.
I've been tidying up and reorganizing my studio.

That walk sounds creepy.
There's a strange phenomena that happens when you camp next to a running stream where every now and then it will sound like human voices.
That's creepy too. 8O

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 6:04 pm

^Wow you're definitely handy. Using power tools and a saw bench. Yeah I understand, better wait until it stops raining. At least you have something to look forward to :)

On my walk on the graveyard I was mostly afraid of meeting someone. Because it was so dark, meeting someone would probably have scared the s**t out of me :P

Now I've been drawing some.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 6:14 pm

Froya wrote:
cathylynn wrote:

It's not a boring moment in the house now I can imagine. Do the cats get along with each other?

rooster is still laying low, so hard to say. they were both fine in a room with 40 other cats at the shelter. i think they'll tolerate each other. cuddles is bossy, though. it'll be the feisty little one-year-old female bossing the older, bigger male.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 7:06 pm

This afternoon, Boo climbed up onto my chair and put her paws on my chest and cuddled with me. She did that twice. :heart:

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 7:14 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
This afternoon, Boo climbed up onto my chair and put her paws on my chest and cuddled with me. She did that twice. :heart:

you love her and she is showing you love back. wonderful!

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 7:16 pm

Now whenever I go near her or put my face near her, she moves her face forward so we can touch noses. I've never know a cat to do that.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 10:55 pm

Today I played some Minecraft with Lillikoi on my server. I have too many hours in that game and I didn't think I would do much more in it but I recently got Lillikoi a copy and we have been playing a survival world with some slight abuse of my admin powers.

It was fun, they released quite a lot of updates since I played last. We decided to make a call like that a thing we do every Sunday. :mrgreen:

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 10:59 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
Now whenever I go near her or put my face near her, she moves her face forward so we can touch noses. I've never know a cat to do that.

My kitty KC would give us face-rubs every time she jumped into our laps. Of course, she also had chronic upper respiratory issues and a tendency to sneeze after she jumped, so a good number of face-sneezes happened, too :eew:

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 11:41 pm

My cat headbutts me all the time.
Sometimes the headbutts are quite violent.

I put a cover on the lounge chair and my cat burrowed under the cover and lay underneath it like she was in a tent.
Had to put a sign on the chair so no one sat on it.

"This chair contains a hidden kitty."

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 11:47 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Kuraudo7777 wrote:

My kitty KC would give us face-rubs every time she jumped into our laps. Of course, she also had chronic upper respiratory issues and a tendency to sneeze after she jumped, so a good number of face-sneezes happened, too :eew:

head bumping is the way a cat says, "hi, welcome." bubba used to do it with me every morning.

lol, raleigh.