Page 1348 of 4090 [ 65425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1345, 1346, 1347, 1348, 1349, 1350, 1351 ... 4090  Next

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 12:36 pm

I don't have a favorite movie by the way. There are so many I like. One of them is "Silence of the lambs". The first time I saw it I think I was around 13 of age. We where three or four girlfriends watching it together and we had heard terrible things about it. At one point I was so nervous and I got so startled in one scene, that I bursted into tears, and cried intensly. My friends was shocked. For several years I could not watch that segment of the movie :P

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 12:45 pm

^Wow, I'm really surprised it became your fav movie then. I've never seen that one actually. Is horror your thing then?

I've seen a few really good movies over the past year or so: Deadpool, Ex Machina, Room. And some less than steller movies: The Accountant being the one I liked the least. I'm also finishing up Doctor Who so I'll be on track for season 10 when it's released.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 1:05 pm

DataB4 wrote:
^Wow, I'm really surprised it became your fav movie then. I've never seen that one actually. Is horror your thing then?

I've seen a few really good movies over the past year or so: Deadpool, Ex Machina, Room. And some less than steller movies: The Accountant being the one I liked the least. I'm also finishing up Doctor Who so I'll be on track for season 10 when it's released.

You haven't seen "Silence of the lambs"? Omg, then you have something to look forward to!

I like horror, but I wouldn't say it's my thing. I like comedis, drama and science fiction, some action movies. Thrillers. It all depends on the movie. I must say I mosly like classics, and that now a days it seems like they have used up all the good stories. Isn't there a limit for how much new there is possible to make? When I watch movies now a days, it's often very predictable.

I haven't heard of any of those movies you mention there. I might see if Netflix have any of them.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 1:19 pm

Room is a psychological thriller. Deadpool is a raunchy superhero comedy/action movie with quite a few gory scenes. Ex Machina is a thoughtful sci fi movie about AI. It's somewhat of a thriller too, because you don't really know who to trust as you watch. I know Silence of the Lambs is a classic, just haven't seen it, mostly because I prefer sci fi and comedy way more than horror.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 1:35 pm

Netflix doesn't have any of those titles, exept from something called: "Appleseed: Exmachina" That is a cartoon or anime. Thank you for the tips anyway! :)

I also recomend seeing "American beauty" if you haven't seen it. It's also one of my favorites.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 2:01 pm

The Martian is on Netflix, and that was quite good too. In fact, I don't know a single person who saw it and didn't like it. It's about an astronaut who gets stranded on Mars. It's nothing like Castaway though. He creates a video log, and he does get to communicate with the crew but not right away. He's funny too, believe it or not, even through the isolation. The movie also switches points of view to show other people, like the crew that left him behind and the people on the ground. It's a triumphant sort of movie for the most part though I won't give away the ending.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 2:12 pm

It differs from country to country what is on Netflix I'm afraid, and The martian is not on the Norwegian Netflix unfortunately. That is the one with Matt Damon I think? Yes, I deffinitely want to see that one. I have seen Interstellar with Matthew McConaway. I didn't perticulary like it because I didn't understand it. It was too complicated. I liked Oblivion with Tom Cruise though.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 2:18 pm

I don't know if the police has been here today or not. I'm really nervous about it. I will ask my cop student neighbour one day I run into her.

I heard him stamping around in there not long ago, maybe trying to make a point, or trying to scare me or something. Am I wrong? should I tread more lightly? I know I'm not light on the foot. Like with my old landlord I could hear his wife comming from a mile away, but he however was very quiet. We all have different natural gaits.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 2:30 pm

Oh I didn't know about the Netflix country restrictions. I saw the movie interstellar, I thought it was excellent but yes, you really have to be concentrating on it. Not a good movie to see if you feel foggy at all. Like, I wouldn't want to be watching it for the first time today. :lol: I'm feeling better than I have since Thursday though.

Do you have wood floors or floorboards maybe? If you remove shoes, does that cut down on the sound?

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 2:35 pm

If you think Interstellar is confusing, just wait till you watch The Prestige or Interception. As usual, they make perfect sense to me [but then, I've read Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle and understand that perfectly, while most people consider it to be utterly incomprehensible.]
I might try reading Pandora Hearts next.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 2:38 pm

What's Interception?

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 2:39 pm

DataB4 wrote:
Oh I didn't know about the Netflix country restrictions. I saw the movie interstellar, I thought it was excellent but yes, you really have to be concentrating on it. Not a good movie to see if you feel foggy at all. Like, I wouldn't want to be watching it for the first time today. :lol: I'm feeling better than I have since Thursday though.

Do you have wood floors or floorboards maybe? If you remove shoes, does that cut down on the sound?

Yeah, When I watched Interstellar I though I understood what was going on, but towards the end I was lost :P Apparently I didn't like the movie enough to try and figure it out :lol:
So, you are feeling a little better, that's great!

I have a new kind of floors. It's a type of vinyl shaped like planks. I don't wear shoes indoors...

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 2:41 pm

Interception is an movie also made by Christopher Nolan, as he did The Dark Knight, Interstellar, and The Prestige, and a whole bunch of movies. It involves dreams and reality.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 2:42 pm

I saw Interception on the cinema when it came out, and no I didn't understand it. However I liked it a little better then Interstellar.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 2:43 pm

^I thought it was brilliant, but then I'm trying not to seem arrogant or superior... :(

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 2:46 pm

Interception sounds interesting then. I enjoyed The Dark Night, mostly because I liked the interplay with The Joker.

Froya, I wonder if throw rugs would help at all? Other than that, beats me. Sometimes floors are just noisy, and/or some people have heavier footsteps than others.